Whats for tea tonight?

Had slow roasted melt in the mouth lamb with mash sw roasties mashed swede n marrowfat peas.....should have had sprouts but they seem to have disappeared? Frozen berries n sw rice pud for afters

Ended up having 4 dark rye ryvitas (hexB) and 4 laughing cow blue cheese spread triangles (hexA) with some cucumber a chopped boiled egg. Had. Cherry yoghurt and a banana and an apple for afterwards x

Chicken Dhansak, Aloo Saag & Pilau Rice (all syn free) with an Asda Naan & mango chutney (synned)

ForumRunner_20130106_202806.png

Tonight I had Gammon cooked in Pepsi Max in the slow cooker (so tender it literally fell apart) with roasted veg (parsnip, courgette, carrot and potato) and creamy onion sauce (3 syns). Pudding was a muller light and banana.

The sauce was lovely, I really am rating the little book of sauces at the moment - I had the hollandaise sauce this morning to make eggs Benedict a la slimming world (poached egg, mushrooms and spinach in frylight, sliced ham and heb of wholemeal bread) and that was really tasty too.

I made a chicken curry with rice and needed to add banana as over estimated the heat a tad!! Lush though!

Attachments

• image-762357689.jpg
    image-762357689.jpg
    627.3 KB · Views: 108
I made a chicken curry with rice and needed to add banana as over estimated the heat a tad!! Lush though!

never heard of putting banana on it before!

i had a roast dinner :)

xx

I may be mistaken but i once mentioned the same thing about a banana with curry/spicy food - I think its a caribbean tradition not 100% sure

SW Chilli with salad and sliced potatoes cooked in the oven with fry light and spices. Lovely it was too!!

Attachments

• image-2155531505.jpg
    image-2155531505.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 95
I had a lovely leek and courgette risotto. It was an old recipe I had kicking about in my recipe folder which I had to adapt to make SW friendly. It tasted much nicer than it looks!!

Attachments

• Leek & courgette risotto.jpg
    Leek & courgette risotto.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 88
Steak and shallot pie (adapted from a SW steak and mushroom pie recipe), SW chips and lots of peas- so yummy and needed after a 6.2 mile walk!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 83
Does adding a banana help cool it or something? X

Back