Whats for tea tonight?

Half an oven baked butternut squash nuked in the microwave for a 3 -4 mins. Spray the inside with frylight or the olive oil spray. Rub a bit of chopped garlic, salt and pepper along it and bake in the oven for about 10 mins . Then stuff with sauteed garlic, meatfree meatballs ( 4 balls done in microwave first then broken up and added to garlic ) and the flesh of the squash. Season the mix well and put in squash. Topped with a layer of sliced tomato cook for 15 mins then top with cheese and brown it ... then eat it :D ...

Last edited:
Half an oven baked butternut squash nuked in the microwave for a 3 -4 mins. Then stuffed with sauteed garlic, meatfree meatballs ( 4 balls done in microwave first then broken up and added to garlic ) and the flesh of the squash. Season well and put mix in squash. Topped with a layer of sliced tomato cook for 15 mins then top with cheese and brown it ... then eat it :D ...

YUM!
That sounds delicious -* makes notes*

Tonight i tried the SW chicken curry, and very nice it was too! Even got some left over to freeze for another day! A bit lacking in the superfree tonight but i made up for it with a bunch of grapes for pud!xxxxx

DSCF3322.jpgDSCF3323.jpgDSCF3324.jpg

Ooh that looks lovely and creamy, which recipe is it?? x

Hi, Its just the original slimming world chicken curry recipe, i will print it below, took a while to make but worth the effort! xxxxx

2 large onions, sliced
568ml/1pt chicken stock
2 tsp turmeric
3 cardamom pods
1 x 2.5cm/1in piece cinnamon stick
4 black peppercorns
4 cloves
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp peeled and grated root ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp mild chilli powder
3 garlic cloves, crushed
4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced
283g/10oz fat free natural yogurt, bought to room temperature
salt
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, to garnish

1. Put the onion and 426ml/¾ pt of the chicken stock in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Cover the pan, bring to the boil and then boil for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, uncover the pan and cook gently for 20 minutes, until the onion is tender, golden and syrupy.

2. Add all the spices and garlic to the pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add the chicken and cook for a few minutes to coat in the spices, then stir in the remaining chicken stock.

3. Cover the pan and simmer very gently over a medium heat for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.

4. Transfer the curry to a large serving bowl. Add 4 tbsp of the cooking sauce to the yogurt and stir well. Gradually add the yogurt into the curry, stirring continuously.

5. Season to taste with salt, and serve immediately with boiled rice (Free on Extra Easy and Green or 2 Syns per 28g/1oz boiled on Original), and garnish with the chopped coriander.

Don't have a picture of my dinner, cos I'll be honest, I couldn't get it in my face fast enough tonight!

I had; Salmon, wild rice with a hint of lemon juice, mixed veg, green beans and spinach. YUUUMM.

Leftover chilli with Tilda Mexican bean chilli rice for dinner- 2.5 Syns and ready to pop in microwave when I get home from WI tonight :)

I'm having Indian so Chicken Jalfrezi, Pilau Rice and 1 Poppadom full 15 Syns but I have my other meals planned for today at 0 Syns to balance it out :)

Chicken, chorizo pasta bake (courtesy of Camz of Minimins fame!), served with lots of fresh veggies. Yum!

Made the quiche last night with Quark, eggs, bacon, garlic, peppers, mushrooms and 2 HEX's of mature Cheddar - shared with OH - and it was sooooo much nicer and creamier than making it with cottage cheese. x

Chicken, chorizo pasta bake (courtesy of Camz of Minimins fame!), served with lots of fresh veggies. Yum!

Made the quiche last night with Quark, eggs, bacon, garlic, peppers, mushrooms and 2 HEX's of mature Cheddar - shared with OH - and it was sooooo much nicer and creamier than making it with cottage cheese. x

You couldn't share the recipe could you hun? It sounds lovely! Xx

Attempting pulled pork (just about to go check on it as its in the slow cooker) going to have it with chips and fried mushrooms, onions and tomatoes

Back