Whats for tea tonight?

Roast pork dinner

Attachments

• 1371407642591.jpg
    1371407642591.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 126
Red day roast chicken dinner.... lean chicken, broccoli, cauli, peas (HEXB) and gravy and frozen yorkshire puds as syns. Yumm.....

No problem. It's really easy. Anything that needs roasting, I do first. I usually slice the peppers, mushrooms, shallots, etc and put them in a sprayed roasting tin. I then add some unpeeled cloves of garlic then spray the entire veg with Frylight and grind black pepper over before popping in the oven on the middle shelf for about 30-40 mins, Gas Mk. 6. Meanwhile, I grill some lean bacon until it's crisp and cut it into bite-size pieces. When the veg is sufficiently roasted, remove and gently squeeze out the garlic and mix it all together. I spray a quiche dish with Frylight and, in a jug or bowl mix together 4 eggs and a whole tub of Quark (some people use FF cottage cheese, any flavour, but I definitely think the Quark makes it creamier) and season it well with black pepper and only a little salt, if using bacon. It's up to you but I save my HEX cheese to mix in with the Quark and egg and, if sharing with my OH, his HEX cheese too! Pour a little of the egg mixture into the base of the quiche dish, add all the other ingredients, with maybe some halved cherry tomatoes thrown in, and then the rest of the egg mixture. Put in the oven Gas Mk 5, on the middle shelf for about 30 mins or until firm to the touch. It's good hot or cold. :)

You don't have to go to all that trouble of roasting veg though. If you prefer you can just use ham, raw mushrooms, peas, corn, tinned tuna/salmon - anything you fancy really. I just love the taste of the roast veg. :D

thank you very much!! That sounds lovely, I like the sound of the roast veg as well. Will be giving this a try during the week sometime. Thank you!

No problem. It's really easy. Anything that needs roasting, I do first. I usually slice the peppers, mushrooms, shallots, etc and put them in a sprayed roasting tin. I then add some unpeeled cloves of garlic then spray the entire veg with Frylight and grind black pepper over before popping in the oven on the middle shelf for about 30-40 mins, Gas Mk. 6. Meanwhile, I grill some lean bacon until it's crisp and cut it into bite-size pieces. When the veg is sufficiently roasted, remove and gently squeeze out the garlic and mix it all together. I spray a quiche dish with Frylight and, in a jug or bowl mix together 4 eggs and a whole tub of Quark (some people use FF cottage cheese, any flavour, but I definitely think the Quark makes it creamier) and season it well with black pepper and only a little salt, if using bacon. It's up to you but I save my HEX cheese to mix in with the Quark and egg and, if sharing with my OH, his HEX cheese too! Pour a little of the egg mixture into the base of the quiche dish, add all the other ingredients, with maybe some halved cherry tomatoes thrown in, and then the rest of the egg mixture. Put in the oven Gas Mk 5, on the middle shelf for about 30 mins or until firm to the touch. It's good hot or cold. :)

You don't have to go to all that trouble of roasting veg though. If you prefer you can just use ham, raw mushrooms, peas, corn, tinned tuna/salmon - anything you fancy really. I just love the taste of the roast veg. :D

So going to be doing this.. A big thank you for posting x

Depends on boyfriend, will either be quorn frajita mix with either chips or rice.... or quorn lamb tagine with potatoes..... I fancy the frajita mix but would be happy with either, we had mexican for lunch yesterday though so he might not fancy it again (I could eat Mexican all day everyday lol)

Having slow roast chicken broccoli swede sugar snap peas n jersey royals oh n a bit of gravy 1syn followed by 200g stewed rhubarb 1syn om nom nom

weigh in tomorrow so light dinner for me- veggie stirfry with soy sauce followed by a hifi bar :)

Grilled chicken breast with Italian herbs with a generous helping of my homemade chili sauce, plum tomatoes with fresh herbs, balsamico and onion (might top it with a little bit of grated parmesan - still got some Hex left) and a large mixed salad with a fat free dressing.

Back