Whats for tea tonight?

Sounds lovely how do you make the pie??
I adapted it from the steak and mushroom recipe on the SW website:

Bascially I put a pack of extra lean braising steak in a crock pot with shallots, Knorr rich beef stock pot (made up as instructed), a bay leaf and a dash of red wine vinegar and bung in in the oven for about 3-4 hours on 150 (fan) so it slow cooks.
I keep an eye to make sure its got a decent amount of liquid still and if you want to thicken it, could sprinkle some gravy granules in (Syns obviously).

I then use a Jus Rol ready rolled light puff pasty sheet over the top, brush with egg and pop back in the oven at 200 for 20-30 mins until its golden.

The pastry is 4 Syns per 25g, which is roughly a 1/4 of the pie in my pie dish.

You don't have to slow cook the beef, its just makes it extra scrummy if you do :)

And its well worth the Syns :)

Pork loin, with bacon and sage stuffing, topped with sundried tomatoes :) having it with roast potatoes (using fry light), carrots, broccoli, cabbage, one syn Yorkshire puddings and syn free gravy. Can't wait! :)

Helen xx

SW Quiche

Hi Maz,
the only syns in the dish are for the wrap, which is 8.5 (Sainsbury's Wholemeal), or if you're like me you can cheat slightly and count it as your HEB! :D I used the Quorn Lamb Style Strips (free) and fried them in frylight with Pepper, Onion and Fajita Spice Mix (not the packet mix, just the herbs & spices), added a bit of extra garlic and chilli, and a bit of tomato puree to make it more saucy. Then on the side it's iceberg lettuce topped with tomato salsa (chopped tomato with lime juice), and lastly my HEA of cheese. Hope that helps!
Nicola x

Sounds yummy!!

We're having oven baked risotto with chicken, bacon, peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms, sweet-corn and with our HEX cheeses stirred through. We're having roasted butternut squash to go with it. Can't wait! x

We're having oven baked risotto with chicken, bacon, peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms, sweet-corn and with our HEX cheeses stirred through. We're having roasted butternut squash to go with it. Can't wait! x

this sounds lovely! how long do you bake it for?
i made my 1st risotto on fri and considered doing a baked one but i was wary it might either absorb all the liquid too quick and the rice not be cooked....or that it might just burn! lol
need to let me know how it is x

green day dinner for me today...
pasta with some quorn chicken, peppers, mushroom, onion, sweetcorn and kidney beans and just over 1/2 HEa philly stirred through to make it all creamy.
was lovely :) x

Im having steak pie with slimming world chips and my 3rd superfree is carrot and broccoli mashed with a spray of fry light buttery

Chilli chicken with chips, carrots and BBQ sauce.

Bolognese pasta bake, with garlic bread made from a wholemeal pitta :)

image-965602161.jpg

image-4129904349.jpg

Parmesan turkey steak, cous cous and roast veg

image-4065342694.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back