Whats for tea tonight?

Steak, sw chips, mushrooms+swartz pepper sauce made with hexa milk... no added sugar strawberry cordial to drink

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140307_202426.png
    ForumRunner_20140307_202426.png
    444.5 KB · Views: 113
I'd love the recipe please :) x
Here you go beachbabetobe..... it might be too late for tonight but perhaps another time....

fry light
1 large red onion cut into thin wedges
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
1 large red chilli, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
275 ml hot vegetable stock
4 cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
finely grated zest and juice of one small orange
1 tbsp soya sauce
2 level tsp cornflour
4 lean pork loin chops, all visible fat removed
freshly ground black pepper
4 pak choi, trimmed, leaves separated
600 g stir fry vegetables with bean sprouts

Spray a pan with fry light. Add the onions and cook over high heat till softened, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, chilli, cumin and 1 tsp of the 5 spice and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Stir in the stock, ginger, orange zest and juice and soy sauce. Bring to the boil and bubble gently for 3 minutes.
mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons water to make a smooth paste and add to the sauce. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until thickened. Keep warm over a very low heat.
Heat a large griddle pan till smoking. Season the chops on both sides with freshly ground black pepper and the other tsp 5 spice.
spray the griddle with a little fry light and cook for 4 minutes on each side till slightly charred with lines on both sides.
Thinly slice the pak choi stalks. Spray a large wok with fry light and stir fry the pak choi stalks for 2 minutes. Then add the pak choi leaves and the other stir fry veggies. stir fry for 3 -4 minutes.
pour the sauce into the vegetables and let it bubble for 1 minutes.

Serve the pork chops with the stir fried veggies.
ENJOY!

Here you go beachbabetobe..... it might be too late for tonight but perhaps another time....

fry light
1 large red onion cut into thin wedges
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
1 large red chilli, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
275 ml hot vegetable stock
4 cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
finely grated zest and juice of one small orange
1 tbsp soya sauce
2 level tsp cornflour
4 lean pork loin chops, all visible fat removed
freshly ground black pepper
4 pak choi, trimmed, leaves separated
600 g stir fry vegetables with bean sprouts

Spray a pan with fry light. Add the onions and cook over high heat till softened, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, chilli, cumin and 1 tsp of the 5 spice and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Stir in the stock, ginger, orange zest and juice and soy sauce. Bring to the boil and bubble gently for 3 minutes.
mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons water to make a smooth paste and add to the sauce. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until thickened. Keep warm over a very low heat.
Heat a large griddle pan till smoking. Season the chops on both sides with freshly ground black pepper and the other tsp 5 spice.
spray the griddle with a little fry light and cook for 4 minutes on each side till slightly charred with lines on both sides.
Thinly slice the pak choi stalks. Spray a large wok with fry light and stir fry the pak choi stalks for 2 minutes. Then add the pak choi leaves and the other stir fry veggies. stir fry for 3 -4 minutes.
pour the sauce into the vegetables and let it bubble for 1 minutes.

Serve the pork chops with the stir fried veggies.
ENJOY!

That's fab,thankyou. Can't wait to try this...off to Morrisons tomorrow for some more pork lol!!! :) xx

Lol well it's sort of tomorrow's tea made at 1am ;) i used the 1/2 syn recipe but changed it to 4 syn cocoa roulade filled with raspberries, made using my new Lakeland plastics silicone roulade baking tray. I have to say it didn't stick much at all, quite impressed :)

U just used 4 tsp cocoa powder instead of baking powder.

Attachments

• image-3120102903.jpg
    image-3120102903.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 142
  • image-4057981173.jpg
    image-4057981173.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 134
  • image-627899340.jpg
    image-627899340.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 139
  • image-3694502194.jpg
    image-3694502194.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 131
Lol well it's sort of tomorrow's tea made at 1am ;) i used the 1/2 syn recipe but changed it to 4 syn cocoa roulade filled with raspberries, made using my new Lakeland plastics silicone roulade baking tray. I have to say it didn't stick much at all, quite impressed :)

U just used 4 tsp cocoa powder instead of baking powder.

That looks so good xxx

Sent from my GT-S5839i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Tonight will be a quick easy dinner of batchelors pasta and veg! So good when you can't be bothered cooking :)

When I woke up this morning and it was icy cold and overcast I thought I might fancy a fish pie - perfect warming comfort food for miserable weather, so I got some fish fillets out the freezer to defrost. Now the sun has come out and the day has warmed up so I'm wondering...... fish pie or fish and chips?

When I woke up this morning and it was icy cold and overcast I thought I might fancy a fish pie - perfect warming comfort food for miserable weather, so I got some fish fillets out the freezer to defrost. Now the sun has come out and the day has warmed up so I'm wondering...... fish pie or fish and chips?

I'd go for fish and chips :) Had the same thoughts about the weather and left my washing in the basket before I left for work. Would have been dry by now if I'd hung it out!!!

Well I found the ginger turkey noodles recipe online. I should have paid attention to the fact in said sweet chilli sauce 2tbsp not the fiery hot chilli I threw in! Mouths numb now. And then some of my raspberry chocolate roulade, very nice.

Back