Whats for tea tonight?

Thanks! I kind of made it up as I went along but it was reeally easy. I finely diced a few onions, mushrooms and lean bacon and frylighted with some crushed garlic and mixed herbs, once they were cooked I added 250g of aborio rice and a glass of white wine (about 125ml), simmered for a minute or so and then added about 600ml of chicken stock in total, but I added it slowly and kept stirring regularly. Once the rice was cooked I added a 5 laughing cow light triangles, 42g mozarella and 60g grated cheddar and stirred until melted! Divided into 4 portions it was 1 healthy extra plus a few syns for the wine! :)

Thanks, look forward to trying this!

If it's 5% or less than yes it's free... it's not easy to find though I think I've seen other people mention they've had it from Tesco or Sainsburys.
It's not cheap though...a lot of people said they just ask a butcher to mince lamb steaks for them but again that won't be cheap for 1lb of mince.

It is real nice with the beef though :)

Thanks will keep an eye out in those stores! Will definatly try with beef mince as always have that in freezer and do get fed up with same meals so will be something different :)

Sausage casserole (3 syns) with mash and mixed veg.

Spaghetti bolognese - a veggie version

I'm really not overly hungry today for some reason!
So I just whipped up some veg stir fry (mushrooms, onions, peppers, kale, pasta and some frozen stir fry mix) with soy sauce and a jacket potato with cheese. image-59420855.jpg

Last edited:
Mushroom and butternut squash risotto.

Jerk Chicken & rice & veg for me tonight

Back