Whats for tea tonight?

Going to make some Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup, and Spanish Style Chicken Tray Bake

Fish, SW chips and mushy peas.

Homemade pork and chorizo burger w/ sweet potato wedges & chips

Attachments

• 1421956668038.jpg
    1421956668038.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 88
I'm doing Pulled Pork in the Slow Cooker for tonight...not sure what we'll have with it yet though..lol..

I'm doing Pulled Pork in the Slow Cooker for tonight...not sure what we'll have with it yet though..lol..

Tonight i think im having chicken stuffed with soft cheese and garlic and wrapped in bacon with cauliflower rice and grated carrot

Hi all. New here. Thought I'd post a few successes. Bought my first slimming world mag (jan/feb) in ages . As it was Friday night made the piri piri chicken. I halved the recipe only used two chilli ....but as I coukd only get the smaller, fatter....and HOTTER chillis had to add more fromage frais. :eating:However it was lovely. Had it with wedges and rocket salad and wine...of course. Also made the morrocan tagine. Two really good filling meals. What we need!

Do you have the recipe please?

Sure :)

Serves 2

2 chicken breasts, all visable fat removed and diced in bitesize peices
1 Red Onion chopped into large cubes
1 Large Green Pepper, chopped into large bitesize peices
1tbsp Schwartz Perfect Shake Tandoori
1/2 tsp Madras Curry Powder (add more if you like it hot)
1tsp Garam Masala
1tsp Ground Coriander
1tsp Tumeric
1tsp Ground Cumin
1 vegetable Oxo cube made into 150ml of stock
3 or 4 tbsp of Fat Free Natural Yogurt
Frylight

Method

1. Shake the Schwartz Perfect Shake Tandoori spice blend over the diced chicken.
2. Spray a couple of squirts of Frylight into a saucepan and when hot, fry off about 2 thirds of the onion. Leave the remainder for later.
3. Add the spiced chicken and brown, then add the vegetable stock and cover for 5 minutes.
4. Add the madras curry powder, garam masala, ground coriander, tumeric and cumin and all of the green pepper. Continue to cook uncovered for a further 10 minutes.
5. Add the remaining onion, and cook uncovered for another 5 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through. Doesnt hurt to taste the sauce at this point to gauge whether is it to your taste, you may want to add more cumin,ground coriander or garam masala.
6. Finally, once removed from the heat, stir through the natural yogurt and serve.

* serving suggestion: i cook basmati rice with tumeric and a few bashed up cardamom pods to get an authrntic pilau rice at home.

Hope this comes out as nice as mine. X

Sure :)

Serves 2

2 chicken breasts, all visable fat removed and diced in bitesize peices
1 Red Onion chopped into large cubes
1 Large Green Pepper, chopped into large bitesize peices
1tbsp Schwartz Perfect Shake Tandoori
1/2 tsp Madras Curry Powder (add more if you like it hot)
1tsp Garam Masala
1tsp Ground Coriander
1tsp Tumeric
1tsp Ground Cumin
1 vegetable Oxo cube made into 150ml of stock
3 or 4 tbsp of Fat Free Natural Yogurt
Frylight

Method

1. Shake the Schwartz Perfect Shake Tandoori spice blend over the diced chicken.
2. Spray a couple of squirts of Frylight into a saucepan and when hot, fry off about 2 thirds of the onion. Leave the remainder for later.
3. Add the spiced chicken and brown, then add the vegetable stock and cover for 5 minutes.
4. Add the madras curry powder, garam masala, ground coriander, tumeric and cumin and all of the green pepper. Continue to cook uncovered for a further 10 minutes.
5. Add the remaining onion, and cook uncovered for another 5 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through. Doesnt hurt to taste the sauce at this point to gauge whether is it to your taste, you may want to add more cumin,ground coriander or garam masala.
6. Finally, once removed from the heat, stir through the natural yogurt and serve.

* serving suggestion: i cook basmati rice with tumeric and a few bashed up cardamom pods to get an authrntic pilau rice at home.

Hope this comes out as nice as mine. X

Thanks! Will add the tandoori spice to my shopping list!

Back