Whats it like being fat???

what a great thread!
I was giggling all the way through, though of course that was mostly because many of these things have/do happen to me!

What I hate most:

Walking through town and spotting someone you haven't seen for a while - I admit, on most occasions I have ducked into the nearest shop to avoid being seen. It was just a little embarassing that time I accidently "ducked into" Anne Summers! :eek: The very petite lady at the counter who I met eyes with didn't know where to look!
Needless to say, I legged it back out again pretty quick! :p

Sitting in a restaurant, and ordering something like a steak, with jacket potato and salad - the waitress has a look of "yeah, as if that's what you usually have"

Also in a restaurant, when they come to ask you "would you like anything else/dessert menu?" and everyone at the table looks at me first, as though I am their "gauge" for it - if I get one, it's ok for them to get one too, but if they get one and I say "no", they all think "I know you really want one, fatboy, don't think you can fool me"

but my biggest hate?

I hate the part of myself that stopped me doing something about me weight years ago.

Don't get me wrong, not saying I hate myself, I don't, in fact I bloody love me :)
If there was a prize for self-love, I'd be getting a gold!..... wait....... that didn't come out right............ :eek:

Whats it like;
being poked in the stomach (read spare tyre) by your skinny Mum's index finger every time you see her and asking 'What's that?/Are you STILL losing weight?'
not being 'desired' by your Better Half so rarely making 'jiggy' because he 'can't bear to touch you' (his drunken words before I started losing...2.5 stone later nothings changed - 3.5 stone min to go)

Fudgin' awful. Thats what it feels like.

FA xx

Whats it like;
being poked in the stomach (read spare tyre) by your skinny Mum's index finger every time you see her and asking 'What's that?/Are you STILL losing weight?'
not being 'desired' by your Better Half so rarely making 'jiggy' because he 'can't bear to touch you' (his drunken words before I started losing...2.5 stone later nothings changed - 3.5 stone min to go)

FA xx

Oh dear what a totally awful thing for him to say! I'm lost for words. Just want to give you a (((hug)))). You've done amazingly well with your weight loss. I do know it can feel piggin awful being big sometimes. You keep going and bloody show him. TBH I would have knee'd my OH in the nuts, if he'd said that to me.

i went on holiday to america earlier this year and my dad got us the seats with extra leg room...the belt just about went around me and the arm rest thing was digging into my hips...9 bloody hours in the same position...not good!! My poor dad is bigger than me and had to get an extension belt, but the super-skinny air-hostess told him he had to move because if there was something wrong he wouldnt fit through the little tiny door, so when she moved him, i told him to ask her if she was calling him fat...but she avoided us the rest of the flight...so we couldnt make a show of her like she had done to my dad....grrr!! hehe

i agree with the bus seat thing...i have to get the bus to uni and i absolutley dread someone sitting next to me because i have to ask them to move...but the young girls who dont actually get up they just move their legs to the side....how on earth do they think im going to get past??

anyway enough of me ranting on!

emma

:)

Thanks Janey. It dents my confidence every time I think about it but I've got used to it now.

that happened to me and my mate, they didn't snap, but bent right to the floor. Thing is...I was about 10st at the time, and my mate can't be more than 8st dripping wet, so they must have been dodgy cheap chairs....your incident didn't occur on a green padded deckchair that cost about £12 from asda did it??

yep thats the fella

i agree with the bus seat thing...i have to get the bus to uni and i absolutley dread someone sitting next to me because i have to ask them to move...but the young girls who dont actually get up they just move their legs to the side....how on earth do they think im going to get past??

That annoys me in general. I think even smaller people would have trouble getting past if the only effort the other person makes is to move their legs a bit. Is it so hard to get up for a second?

My worst ever was going on the big ride thing at Alton Towers (Nemesis, or something) and having to get 3, yes 3 attendants to push the bar down. Not too bad, until you realise that the whole thing can be seen by hundreds of people on the cctv monitor of the ride. Never been back since

:massmoon: to all those who laughed and giggled at me :)

Mike Goss
SEN Consultant
W8 Altrincham

FA xx

Aww hun, big hug for you. I honestly think you should have serious words with OH, you're doing brilliantly hun and he needs to realise if he carries on like that then he doesn't deserve you. Don't let him say things like that, I know it's difficult, I'm big and my self esteem is really low, but if my OH said that he'd be out the door.

Believe in yourself hun. xxx

God the list is endless really isn't it!? Just to add to the airline thing, the seat and leg room is one thing, but the pully down tray thingy. God I hate that thing. So embarrassing when you can barely get the thing down!
Oh, and the Alton Towers rides. I once saw a girl being removed from Ripsaw and paraded in front of everyone else because she was too big to ride. I've never been on a ride that requires a harness since then for fear of the same thing happening to me!!
Oh and as for the being afraid of going through the bed, I've done that twice. In my defense however, the first time, myself and my gyumnastic size zero friend were jumping on a roll-away bed and I am absolutely certain that if it weren't for the whole 7 stone of her, there is no way that bed would have broken in two! The second time was just evidence of why you should not have three less than teeny weeny people in one bed together!!!

B x

Thanks Louise. I can't blame him to be honest, I'd feel the same if he was my size.

Q. What's it like to be fat?

A. Miserable!

Things i hate:

Clothes shopping... its like a form of torture. No matter how nice clothes look on the hanger, they just transform into a shapeless hideous mess on me. Its a nightmare trying to get jeans 'cos i'm 5'0 and nothing ever looks right. Instead of going for clothes i'd love to wear, i just end of going for the stuff thats 'safe'. I have more hoodies than the entire chav population put together, because psychologically they make me feel thinner. Well maybe not thinner but that i blend more into the background, i suppose hoodies are like a comfort blanket i can hide behind.

I hate the way i always try to come up with an excuse why i can't go places, because i know that i'll feel self-concious about my weight. Plus then you've the whole not knowing what to wear issue to deal with too. Although i try and convince myself that no-one else is looking at me and judging my size, because i'd imagine most of that's in my head.

I hate eating in front of others. I feel like people are judging me if i'm eating chocolate etc, and thinking "yvonne dear, the last thing you should be eating is choccy".

I hate chub-rub!! [when the insides of your things rub together when walking].

I hate the feeling of no-control.

I hate feeling out of puff when doing everyday things like climbing stairs etc.

Aww there's loads of stuff i hate! But i'll end it here! lol.

In a word:

UNCOMFORTABLE

i also hate going shopping and im a bloke so god knows what its like for the ladies. I hate having to squeeze between cars in a car park only to find your belly bangnig of wing mirrors.I hate them really stupid chairs in every waiting room on the planet....you know the ones,they only wide enough for stick insects and have arm rests on so you need to be greased up like a pig to get out again.i hate making sure my jumper is pulled down enough over my belly so no one can see it.
I just wish like 99.9999% of the people of a certain size on here that i felt confident and attractive,i dont think that is too much to ask,is it?

Its bl**dy awful. Especially when people who are meant to be friends or love you make comments. Its as if cos you are bigger than them you are far game for them to say anything they like about the way you look. My husband never has, but plenty of 'friends' & family members have made comments over the years and I have always been so suprised / hurt I have never said anything back. Really wish I had cos those comments still hurt even after however many years. Worst of all its when they think they are being funny....wish I could go back and tell them all to f*ck off!
Sorry - bit of a rant.
xx

I hate it when people judge you before you even open your mouth, since I gained weight people presume I am stupid, I hate the look on the face of some people who have not seen me for a while and you can read all over it they are saying "wow big mama"....I hate it when my longterm very very over weight sister deems it fair play to ridicule the hell out of me and bought me size 24 clothing from a charity shop when I was only size 16 and told me to cover up my big beam....I hate the sweats, the breathlessness, the fact I have to sit with my legs apart for comfort, in fact the only good thing about being over weight is my energy bills are down as I dont need my heating on as much....but hey I had a gastric bypass last saturday so hopefully they will all be things of the past...xx

Whats it like?

BAD. This is what I hate-
Why does the back of my bra always end up right at the top of my back?

Why do my knickers allow half my (saggy belly) to hang out of the bottom when i pull them up ?

why didnt they have a life jacket to fit me when I was on holiday?

elasticated skirts hang like a bag of poop

why do things in shops look good -but on me it looks :eek:

why do I feel like I cant flirt

Why do I refuse to go out with hubby to works do- I will embarass him thats why

Why do I have visions in my head what I look like? but when I look in mirror it lies?

my belly hanging over the front of the loo seat when Im having a wee

Customers calling me fatty at work

people calling me a big strong girl GGGRRR!!
:cry:
Family members calling me names

So called friends saying that all crafters are fat--
cos we sit on our bums all day

thats it for the moment ;)

I hate it when someone sits next to me on the tube and I feel like I'm taking up more than one seat. Same when I have to get off and it's crowded, I almost knock people flying as I'm getting off.

I hate buying chocolate/ice cream/cheese/take aways and them thinking that it's all for me (sometimes it may be, but hey ho!)

I don't like huffing and puffing and going bright red when I've walked too far and I hate buying clothes for my sisters, and the assistant looking at me dying to say that it wont fit me!

XX

lol talking about sofa's I actually broke my sister's sofa! it was some flimsy thing and the bottom of it just collapsed luckily she wasn't home at the time and I managed to put it back together so it didn't look broken and luckily my sister is no more than 8stone soaking wet so the thing didn't break again until her brother-in-law sat on it he got the blame and I've never confessed :sign0007:

Great thread. :) I broke a sofa years ago well I say me, it was me, my brother and then the dog who jumped up and it collapsed so really it was the dogs fault. ;)Funny thing is I was about 4 stone lighter then. :sigh: My brother threw the sofa out and my sister who it belonged to came back from night shift all confused going 'where is the sofa'? :sign0007: :p I blamed myself as I was the fattest.

Back