What's keeping you going strong?

arcticmonkeys

Silver Member
Thought I'd start a thread so that everyone can have a read through what keeps everyone strong during this diet. Whether its a way you make the shakes and soups for example crisps/fruppachino's or their targets and goals.

I wanted to share with everyone on CD how good a calorie free coke tastes with lots of ice. If like me you enjoy eating ice, it is a heaven send I swear to god. I've just sat down with a can of coke with a ton of ice. It lasts ages with all the ice and you can eat it too which is quite satisfying :party0019:

Other than that my Targets and Goals below keep me going.

Would be interesting to hear what everyone else does/thinks to stay strong xxx

I love the banana shake, Just a few ice cubes crushed up and really cold water Its just yummy.
I have even considered having just those everyday.
But I stick to 1 or 2,

Just how i'm going to look. I can't wait for the creases in my back to go, i'll feel so much more comfortable. My birthday is at the end of september and to be able to wear the bustier that i bought last year (which was too tight but i loved it) would be fantastic. Also the first week was really tough for me and the thought of having to go through it again if i eat something is keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Roz x

I am in week 6 and I am finding it really difficult at the minute. What keeps me going is the fact that I KNOW that if I stopped and put weight on, I would only want to do this diet again and I found the first week torture. I do not want to slip out of ketosis only to have to go back in again

The end is in sight so finishing the diet and not having to diet again.

Buying a size 18 pair of black skinny jeans (sounds awful, but I am 'thin' at a 14!! LOL) and size 18 top when less than a month ago I would have struggled to get into a 22's!
Also seeing peoples faces when they clock I've lost 2 stone! In Particular a bloke a had a brief relationship with earlier in the year, he just kept saying "You look incredible and sober suits you!" LOL

Being slim for Christmas for the first time in 8 years so I will actually go out and enjoy myself instead of finding excuses to stay at home :party0016:

Loving the goals and targets keep this thread going. I love reading them all :)

Byebyebingowings your comment cracked me up "You look incredible and sober suits you" - hahaha!

Keep up the good work guys, Christmas will be here before we know it and we can all be skinnies and like Ellie said go out rather than stay in which I can imagine most feel the same way round this party season. x

Reading this website keeps me going. I've had a really tough day, been dying to eat something delicious. Coke Zero really helps actually. And just get through this day, this weekend, one day at a time and the week will be easy.

I cant wait for the creases in my back to go, just above the waist. Urgh.

My biggest inspiration is the longing to be slim & healthy for my 14 month old son. I want him to be proud (or at least not ashamed!) of me when he's older.

Plus, my ideal is to be at, or close to goal by Christmas so that I can finally go out to Christmas meals/outings rather than finding excuses not to.

However, I'd slipped off the wagon these past 2 weeks & struggled to get back on. Then we decided to go to the evening meeting at church (1st evening meeting we've been to since having our son) tonight. It killed me! It was very full & hot & our son needed lots of occupying because he was tired. I *know* I'd have found things easier if I were slimmer. So, Day 1 for me tomorrow - The LAST day one I hope.

Just how i'm going to look. I can't wait for the creases in my back to go
Roz x

Heehee Roz - I too had those same creases and after 11 weeks on SS they now much less noticeable!

I have got a big family wedding to go to at the begining of August and I have wanted to get down to a size 18 (was a 24 when started CD) so I can buy a gorgeous dress to wear off the highstreet and feel fabulous instead of frumpy.

I am now into an 18 and off to look at dresses this afternoon.

After the wedding is over my next motivation is to get to bmi 26 by the beginning of october so I am onto the maintenance stages and can go out for a meal with my OH for his birthday at the end of October and actually eat something rather than nursing a sparkling water for the evening!

looking at all my size 12 clothes...wanting to get back into them,AND I WILL.

Linda.

mini mins keeps me going! I think listening to others and taking advice and giving advice helps me to keep on it, because i feel i have a commitment there.

I want to look good in any clothing! At the moment, I look like a sack of spuds, as nothing fits me!
I also would like to be able to have a bath! Our bath is so small that I have only used it twice since moving in 3 years ago. When I was pregnant I fancied a bath and got stuck in it...oh the shame!!!!
My main motivation is my Little Girl, whom I love more than anythingelse in the world (well and Hubby too!!!)
I have good days and bad days like everyone on here, but I perservere and read the threads on here for advice.

Mine is to be heathly for the my boys,plus i have a 7 yr old who would love a sibling and i'd like another child too and i will not have another while i'm this big. Also my cut of age(yes i have one) for children is 30 and i'm 27 this yr sooooooo i don't have time to mess about anymore:rolleyes:.

My nearly 4 year old son has never been to a theme park or to a swimming pool. I want to put a light back in the faces of my other 2 as we never seem to go anywhere (apart from gymnastics and their multi karate sessions).

Also need to lose the weight, as i'm fed up with getting ignored at the school gate's. To start feeling alive again.
To start learning martial arts myself (although have yet to figure out who's going to look after the children thursday nights, can't see hubby doing it every thursday without fail)

Back