What's realistict to expect....

phew. thats ok then :) yeah i think id wanna look at the results myself lol :) id probally take a photo just for proof too lol x

XD I'm laughing at the thought of telling the Weigh In chick to F*** off. That's so cute. :) Congrats on such a loss!

It was the inhale of breath that went around the whole room that was funny lol I think everyone thought I was upset until I screeched no way your lying show me that thing come on give it! Lol

Thanks :D I'm looking forward to my first weigh in after baby is born haha that will be awesome!

X x x

Health-wise I've been told that losing more than 2.5-3 lbs a week is shading into the unhealthy area. As in, you can damage your body. Obviously at the beginning of a new diet you may do more, but overall that's about what's healthy. That's probably the best way to set your goalposts.

kathyd said:
Health-wise I've been told that losing more than 2.5-3 lbs a week is shading into the unhealthy area. As in, you can damage your body. Obviously at the beginning of a new diet you may do more, but overall that's about what's healthy. That's probably the best way to set your goalposts.

I think it totally depends on your size, a person weighing 25 stone should be losing more per week than someone who weighs 13 stone for example, we all know it slows down as you approach target.

My body quite happily lost between 3lbs and 5lbs a week following slimming world and there is nothing unhealthy about that. Yes 2.5 lbs per week is the average lost by a woman following a healthy diet but I think it's wrong to scare monger by saying its "unhealthy" to lose more because thats absolutely untrue if you have the weight to lose!

If it was damaging and unhealthy to lose more than 2.5 to 3lbs do you think plans like lighter life or lipotrim would be legal? No they wouldn't because when I tried lipotrim I lost 11lbs my first week! Yes vlcds carry risks we've all seen the stories of people dying after losing the weight too quickly but driving a car carries a risk and we all do that.

By all means tell people the average is 2.5 to 3lbs but don't throw in words like unhealthy and damaging to your body because it's not true there is no greater gift you can give your body when your overweight than to lose weight, the speed you lose it makes no difference at all.

well, it was a small loss, lost 1lb.. not to bad even though i followed plan all week mother nature came to visit last night :'( x

spooks said:
well, it was a small loss, lost 1lb.. not to bad even though i followed plan all week mother nature came to visit last night :'( x

A loss is good when it's * week Hun well done, I'm sure it will show next week when your not retaining water :) its all swings and roundabouts x x.

Congratulations honey! 1 pound is a great weight loss. :) Mummy2BSlim is right.. you'll really see a difference next week when Aunty Flow leaves. :p

thanks girls :) i admit i was disappointed but ... i know why so.. swings and roundabouts as you say :)

wrong post sorry

Last edited:
Back