Whats your Cambridge Diet success??

cd flavourings can be had after week 2, i have the sunshine orange in my fizzy water. it aint fanta but i like it, tastes a bit like sprit to me, lol
the summer berrys to me tastes like hartleys rasperry jelly, lol

:D
I am on my 2nd day too now... previously lost 5 stone on the atkins diet but that was 7 years ago now and have slowly put 2.5 stone of that back on...

I couldn't bare the thought of cutting everything sweet out again tho, so when i found this diet, it was my idea of heaven...

Managed to go to the gym but i didnt do a class and only did 30 mins of cardio and then a slow swim!!!

I split my lunch shake in 2 yesterday so i saved half the pack to have a hot chocolate before bed, which really kept me going last night!

Did you make the gym? How are you feeling this morning?

xxx

Hello Keely and welcome to day 2 i never made it to the gym :cry:however i did stick to the diet which is a plus :D:D
I am definetley going tonight ( i hope) i got a toning class at 6 till 7 using weights etc makes me sweat i usually do spin for a hour straight after but dont think i will make it to that one
last night i had my last shake at 7pm was nice only problem i was starving sooo badly ( mind playing tricks) i had to just go to bed earlier felt alot better today on day 2 just cant wait for ketosis to kick in tomorrow:D
very hard though so do you get weighed wednesday also?

I too managed to loose weight 3 years ago on slimming world i lost 8 stone and got down to size 10!!! unfortunaley i never understood that just beacuse i as slim doesnot mean i can eat what i like i could see myself getting biogger but i never did a thing just kept eating i gained it all back within a year with a added 2 stone, so I went from 19st 1 22 to 11st size 10 then back to 21st 3lb size 26 and now i am currently sat at 18st 7lbs size 20 and feel it was harder for me to do slimming world 2nd time round as i got no self control with prtions etc when it comes to food i need control it and thats why this diet is the diet for me im can finally be incontrol of what i eat i just gotta work on my frame of mind more x

Congratulations on staying 100% on Day 1... we are 1 day closer to ketosis... wahoooooo!!!

i got weighed tuesday evening, which is another good thing for me as hopefully i will always have my WI when i am 'heaviest' so to speak! What time do you have your WI?

Thursday is my night off the gym, so i am thinking i may go for a walk to keep myself occupied and not think too much about food, esp when the family are eating around me!

I did exactly the same, as soon as i was my goal weight last time i also ate exactly what i wanted, when i wanted and my portion sizes (carbs & choccy in particular) grew and grew and grew!

How are you finding the shakes? Have you tried the soups yet?

xxx

Congratulations on staying 100% on Day 1... we are 1 day closer to ketosis... wahoooooo!!!

i got weighed tuesday evening, which is another good thing for me as hopefully i will always have my WI when i am 'heaviest' so to speak! What time do you have your WI?

Thursday is my night off the gym, so i am thinking i may go for a walk to keep myself occupied and not think too much about food, esp when the family are eating around me!

I did exactly the same, as soon as i was my goal weight last time i also ate exactly what i wanted, when i wanted and my portion sizes (carbs & choccy in particular) grew and grew and grew!

How are you finding the shakes? Have you tried the soups yet?

xxx

Mandy who does the WI she going to come to our work place at 8am in the morning Wednesday she also the NVQ lady so works fine otherwise we would go to her home on out lunch break ...seems a long way away ..i treid leek and potatoe which was pretty good found shake a little grainy but gonna try it with 400ml and see if thats better but still think they taste very nice.
Going for a walk very good idead wish i had a dog to walk or something ..wekend im gonna do gardeing if wethers nice :D:D:D
have your headaches gone?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 400ml with shake is heaven ..wow wee x

Mandy who does the WI she going to come to our work place at 8am in the morning Wednesday she also the NVQ lady so works fine otherwise we would go to her home on out lunch break ...seems a long way away ..i treid leek and potatoe which was pretty good found shake a little grainy but gonna try it with 400ml and see if thats better but still think they taste very nice.
Going for a walk very good idead wish i had a dog to walk or something ..wekend im gonna do gardeing if wethers nice :D:D:D
have your headaches gone?

i think i would prefer 1st thing in the morning or last thing at night as prob would give the most accurate readings?!

i have been putting a bit extra water with my shakes, havent persuaded myself to try the soup yet, but have a really sweet tooth, so maybe if thats how i can cope i should stick to the sweet ones?!

fingers crossed for nice weather at the weekend so we can venture out and keep busy then!

dreading being left alone in the house with fridge/cupboards of food :( hoping will power will win!

I havent had a headache yet today but it didnt start until the afternoon yesteday, although soon went with a few more glasses of water

just read that the 400ml was better :D pleased thats worked for you!

Have you got the sticks to check to see if your in ketosis yet? Not sure whether to invest in them or not? Worried i will get a little obsessed with them (already got rid of the scales in our house, so im not constantly stood on them waiting for change lol!)

xxx

i think i would prefer 1st thing in the morning or last thing at night as prob would give the most accurate readings?!

i have been putting a bit extra water with my shakes, havent persuaded myself to try the soup yet, but have a really sweet tooth, so maybe if thats how i can cope i should stick to the sweet ones?!

fingers crossed for nice weather at the weekend so we can venture out and keep busy then!

dreading being left alone in the house with fridge/cupboards of food :( hoping will power will win!

I havent had a headache yet today but it didnt start until the afternoon yesteday, although soon went with a few more glasses of water

just read that the 400ml was better :D pleased thats worked for you!

Have you got the sticks to check to see if your in ketosis yet? Not sure whether to invest in them or not? Worried i will get a little obsessed with them (already got rid of the scales in our house, so im not constantly stood on them waiting for change lol!)

xxx

Good idead i have hid my scales under coffee table and know i wil lbe tempted so may ask my BF to hide them he has been such a rock through all this i am not cooking for him while on on SS hes looking after himself ..and so he should...lol ...but yeah great i know what you mean i can hear a crisp packet crinkle for miles ...Ketostis sticks ay where can u get them from?

You and I should be in ketosis tomorrow
another girl here is on Atkins and she too says she is in ketosis ..i was shocked as they eats loads of meat on that diet .

Really hope weather is nice if its rains I will cry....lol

yeah soups are ok my friend also sarted with me from work she al lot smaller than me only 11st 10 and 5ft 3 so will be interesting to see how we both do she only doing for 4 weeks on ss i am aiming for 3 months but like i said before day by day one at a time x x x

whats your plan for ss?

Good idead i have hid my scales under coffee table and know i wil lbe tempted so may ask my BF to hide them he has been such a rock through all this i am not cooking for him while on on SS hes looking after himself ..and so he should...lol ...but yeah great i know what you mean i can hear a crisp packet crinkle for miles ...Ketostis sticks ay where can u get them from?

You and I should be in ketosis tomorrow
another girl here is on Atkins and she too says she is in ketosis ..i was shocked as they eats loads of meat on that diet .

Really hope weather is nice if its rains I will cry....lol

yeah soups are ok my friend also sarted with me from work she al lot smaller than me only 11st 10 and 5ft 3 so will be interesting to see how we both do she only doing for 4 weeks on ss i am aiming for 3 months but like i said before day by day one at a time x x x

whats your plan for ss?

Glad he is supportive and good to hear he is now cooking for himself... think all women should try this to kick the BFs into shape... amazing how quickly they can learn to cook when they need to! :D

They are called ketostix and my CDC sells them but you can get them from chemists as well... think you normally have to ask at counter for them... know asda chemist sells them?!

Yeah atkins is basically no carbs and all protein... so has same kinda effects but with much more temptation! And i got really bored of chicken, tuna and eggs! lol

I will be joining you with the crying i think... def need to keep myself busy over the weekend to avoid slip ups!

May have to order soups for next time then and be brave and give them a try!

I am planning on sticking to SS for 6-8 weeks depending on how well my loss goes and then do ss+ for a month? think that will be the hardest bit for me as once i start eating i find it very hard to stop... lol!

Each day at a time is a good way to look at it... as long as we are happy with our loss before we move up to the next step thats all that matters!

How are you coping coming up to the end of Day 2? Really want to know if i am in ketosis by the end of tomorrow! Quite excited... Sad eh?!

xxxx

got no self control with prtions etc when it comes to food

That's the reason I started on W8 and then moved over to CD. I could not just cut down on food - I could not cut a piece of chicken off, cut a piece of cheese off - I would scoff the lot. Without even really being hungry!

I did these 2 diets because food was removed completely until I got my head in the right place and was able to see how bad I had been with food, portion size, calories and pure bloody greed mainly.

I'm not going to be the fat friend ever again, I'm not going to be sneaking into Evans as it's the only place that sells clothes in my size. I am not going to look at the size on the hangers first then "settle" for whatever is in my size rather thanwhat I "want" to wear.

I'm well on my way and the old me is far, far behind me now and she can stay there.

I always find weekends a bit easier as i can stick some DVDs on (i have almost 1000, which is handy!) and forget about the world, on weekdays at work im walking around and thinking about food!

Deepak x

Glad he is supportive and good to hear he is now cooking for himself... think all women should try this to kick the BFs into shape... amazing how quickly they can learn to cook when they need to! :D

my partner can cook but he winges that its better if i do it, i draw the line at making some of his " home" food, im darn well not cut out for making fufu, if he wants it he has to do it, i think he cooks once a week if that grrrrrrr

dont waste your money on ketostix, sometimes depending on water intake, what time of day etc you might get false readings, you will more than likely know when you are in ketosis with the yucky breath, not feeling hungry. this time round i was in ketosis on day 2, some people it doesnt happen till maybe day 4 so dont worry too much about it, its how you feel in yourself that matters

I always find weekends a bit easier as i can stick some DVDs on (i have almost 1000, which is handy!) and forget about the world, on weekdays at work im walking around and thinking about food!

Deepak x

Fingers crossed i can be 'happy' with just sitting at home, rather than sitting at home and eating! lol :eek:

Wow! :eek: That is one big DVD collection... dont think id get bored either with all of those to keep me busy! xx

my partner can cook but he winges that its better if i do it, i draw the line at making some of his " home" food, im darn well not cut out for making fufu, if he wants it he has to do it, i think he cooks once a week if that grrrrrrr

lol... cant live with them, cant live without them! thats sooooo good that you can cook if you have to and still be so strong!

Looking forward to the day (if ever) that i am able to do that! xx

dont waste your money on ketostix, sometimes depending on water intake, what time of day etc you might get false readings, you will more than likely know when you are in ketosis with the yucky breath, not feeling hungry. this time round i was in ketosis on day 2, some people it doesnt happen till maybe day 4 so dont worry too much about it, its how you feel in yourself that matters

Thats handy to know, think i will hold off on going to the chemist then!

Congratulations on reaching your goal! :D xx

They are called ketostix and my CDC sells them but you can get them from chemists as well... think you normally have to ask at counter for them... know asda chemist sells them?!

Yeah atkins is basically no carbs and all protein... so has same kinda effects but with much more temptation! And i got really bored of chicken, tuna and eggs! lol

I will be joining you with the crying i think... def need to keep myself busy over the weekend to avoid slip ups!

May have to order soups for next time then and be brave and give them a try!

I am planning on sticking to SS for 6-8 weeks depending on how well my loss goes and then do ss+ for a month? think that will be the hardest bit for me as once i start eating i find it very hard to stop... lol!

Each day at a time is a good way to look at it... as long as we are happy with our loss before we move up to the next step thats all that matters!

How are you coping coming up to the end of Day 2? Really want to know if i am in ketosis by the end of tomorrow! Quite excited... Sad eh?!

xxxx
wooohoooo day 3
Hey Keely well day 2 was a lot easier than day one still have hunger pains at night though but gonna work with that also i got bad constipation this morning but overall very good we should be in ketosis now i hope .... weekend and bankholiday is here so lets really give it our best shot. i am planning 3 months on ss but will see how i feel after 8 weeks...not long considering what a change it can make,i just had my soup and water taste refreshing today x x

wooohoooo day 3
Hey Keely well day 2 was a lot easier than day one still have hunger pains at night though but gonna work with that also i got bad constipation this morning but overall very good we should be in ketosis now i hope .... weekend and bankholiday is here so lets really give it our best shot. i am planning 3 months on ss but will see how i feel after 8 weeks...not long considering what a change it can make,i just had my soup and water taste refreshing today x x

Glad you found it better yesterday than day 1... hopefully we are on track to it being 'easy' by now! :confused:

got a metally taste in my mouth this afternoon, so guessing i am on my way to ketosis by now??? Have you found that yet???

Got lots planned over the weekend to keep myself busy, as hopefully wont feel hungry if my minds occupied!

It will be amazing to look back in 3 months and see all your differences wont it?! Cant wait for that bit! :party0011:

i have been slacking abit on my water this afternoon as work has been mental busy... so gonna have a long night of trips to the toilet i think after getting my water intake up this evening

Hope your getting on ok today... ???

And if i dont speak to you before have a good bank hol and keep me updated on how your doing!

xxx

Glad you found it better yesterday than day 1... hopefully we are on track to it being 'easy' by now! :confused:

got a metally taste in my mouth this afternoon, so guessing i am on my way to ketosis by now??? Have you found that yet???

Got lots planned over the weekend to keep myself busy, as hopefully wont feel hungry if my minds occupied!

It will be amazing to look back in 3 months and see all your differences wont it?! Cant wait for that bit! :party0011:

i have been slacking abit on my water this afternoon as work has been mental busy... so gonna have a long night of trips to the toilet i think after getting my water intake up this evening

Hope your getting on ok today... ???

And if i dont speak to you before have a good bank hol and keep me updated on how your doing!

xxx

hello Keely and Welcome to day 7...i feel great i hope i have lost some serious weight to keep me going its WI tomorrow and im going to Yoga tonight weekend was actually not bad and i was happy when it started to rain as i knew bbq would be called of so what do they do they did a indoor bbqin stead!!! i just told myself eat it and you will get even fatter and unhappier ,i know what you mean about metal taste in my mouth i keep spraying my mouth with mouth spray im getting paroniod my breaths stinks know....lol...i did a bo bo yesterday and because i woke up late only managed to have 1.5litres of water :( and had my last shake at 9.30 pm hope this does not mess me up and trips to the loo are still not calming down they did yesterday saying thats but they may be cause i never drank enough water!
...how you ? XX
your WI today ? x x :):D:D

hello Keely and Welcome to day 7...i feel great i hope i have lost some serious weight to keep me going its WI tomorrow and im going to Yoga tonight weekend was actually not bad and i was happy when it started to rain as i knew bbq would be called of so what do they do they did a indoor bbqin stead!!! i just told myself eat it and you will get even fatter and unhappier ,i know what you mean about metal taste in my mouth i keep spraying my mouth with mouth spray im getting paroniod my breaths stinks know....lol...i did a bo bo yesterday and because i woke up late only managed to have 1.5litres of water :( and had my last shake at 9.30 pm hope this does not mess me up and trips to the loo are still not calming down they did yesterday saying thats but they may be cause i never drank enough water!
...how you ? XX
your WI today ? x x :):D:D

Glad you are feeling good now and that the weekend went smoothly for you (except the rain)! Wow that was a blessing in disguise then having the BBQ called off... that would have been way too tempting...

me too... the breath spray is also my best friend now! lol!

i slacked on my water on saturday for the same reason... lay ins make it harder for sure to get to the 3 litres! :break_diet:

my CDC is on holiday this week, so i wont be weighed until Tuesday 11th May... not sure if this is good or bad... good in the sense i know i will stick 100% until my weigh in but bad as i want to know if it works! lol!

sooo excited that you have your weigh in tomorrow... i will have my fingers crossed for you all day that you get the loss you aimed for! Have to let me know how you get on! GOOD LUCK :D:D:D

Back