Whats Your Drive To Lose Weight?

Wish

Silver Member
Hi

Just wondered what is driving everyone here to lose their weight. For me its a few things, I am not happy in my own skin, fed up of having to wear plus size clothes and feeling ugly and fat and old before my time. I would also like to do this for my husband and children, so I can do stuff with them, without feeling embarassed.

I want to take up horseriding again and be able to go on long pony treks with my kids.

I have been wanting this for so long, yet I always self sabotage anything good in my life, not this time, I am in this for the long run, for me, my kids and my lovely OH.

Oooh lots of things!

• I want to be able to buy the clothes I like and for them to look good on me
  • I want to be fitter so when I do my black belt grading (in about 2 years!) I won't be knackered after the first 2 hours
  • I want to be more confident
  • I don't want to feel like I'm the 'fat friend' anymore
I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head

What is driving me? Well I have been at this weight loss thing for over a year now and the things that continue to motivate me are...

- all the lovely designery high street clothes like Jane Norman which are designed for small figures only, they are calling me but I just don't fit them yet!

- lying on the beach in a bikini and knowing darn well I look the business (thats vanity for ya, sorry)

- to be light enough that I am not afraid to be open about my weight e.g. when going skiing and giving my weight so they can set the bindings on my skis and also when going to the doctors.

- to go out to clubs and bars, or anywhere and know I don't stand out because I am large

- to be slim for my inevitable wedding in a years time

- so my thighs don't rub together in the summer and get all sweaty and blistered :( (sorry if thats a bit graphic but lets face it, a lot of us struggle with this!)

- And lastly, a new one, so I can show off my belly piercing and know that it looks good! xx

- And lastly, a new one, so I can show off my belly piercing and know that it looks good! xx
Ooh i want to get my belly button pierced sooo badly but i'm waiting until my tummy actually gets relatively flat cause i'm too embarassed for the piercer to see it!
There's some motivation :D

My main reason for going on a diet is I generally feet fat and frumpy. I have put a lot of weight on since using the chemical condom and it's making me miserable. Since starting my diet about 3 weeks ago I've lost 8lbs.. it's a start! Also my mum has stated that my trousers aren't as tight across my bum and legs as they used to be.. raay!

A couple of things really;
1- Im being made maid of honour at a friends wedding and therefore need to look great.
2- I'm meeting my boyfriend after 3ish months and want to suprise him
3 - Want to be able to wear fitted clothes without seeing lumps and bumps

Mainly losing the stone I gained whilst at Uni. I want to feel more confident about myself as well when I go on holiday. Also have a photoshoot to book once I reach my target weight.

Plenty of motivation. Hope it keeps on working!

Wow, where to start! :character00148:

My Health, I have been watching all the scary fat programs of late and am starting to freak out a bit. I have a bmi of 43 and am approaching 40; Dad and Nan have heart problems and Diabetes.

Comments, Looks and Attitudes, people think that fat people cannot hear, have a valid opinion or care if they are shouted or sneered at. A teenager recently said to his Mum right in front of me 'Wow look at that really massive woman' I couldn’t help it, I stared right back at him and said 'Wow look at that really rude kid' and you know what, he was shocked, he acted as if I could not have heard his nasty comment, his mum just shoved him and they walked off. The other one is comments from some men, like, Don’t like yours much and you have the fat one and my favourite look at the size of her arse (does make me laugh sometimes though I just stick it out further and pull me power pants right up) or some girls comments, I went into a normal shop to buy a present for a friend and the shop assistant actually said to me 'we don’t have anything in your size unfortunately', the other assistant was smirking behind the counter, I told her that I will go next door then and spent the £50 I was about to on a Jacket for my friend and that she could go back to gossiping with her weird looking friend behind the counter about spot cream and cheap perfume. I am strong now and this sort of thing does not really get to me any more, however it would be nice if it stopped. :badmood:

Clothes Shopping, It would be nice to have more than one shop to go to, I love shopping and clothes and have just replaced clothes with handbags, much to the dismay of me bloke (I have started to smuggle them in :eek:) . I have a huge collection but nothing to wear with them so they just sit in the top of my wardrobe waiting. :wave_cry:

Be Fit, I'm always pooped, red, hot and lack enough energy to do all the things I really want and used to do.

Respect, Bit of the above really just covers so many situations, work, home and friends. I don’t want to be invisible anymore. :wave_cry:

Sorry bet you wished you hadn’t asked:eek: , however I guess this is a sign that I am really ready for this weight loss journey I am starting.

It is so good to be able to read so many nice things on here and the support being given to one another really is so very special, I don’t think some people realise how much a little kind word or just listening to a rant/vent :blahblah: :)sign0007: like this one :eek:) makes such a difference. :hug99:

So thank you and so very sorry for my rant :ignore: I'm not normally this gobby, my passion is flowing tonight (not in a gross way, eww sounds it though) :sign0137:

Hi

Just wondered what is driving everyone here to lose their weight. For me its a few things, I am not happy in my own skin, fed up of having to wear plus size clothes and feeling ugly and fat and old before my time.

Hi Wish glad to see your post!

Stick with it as you have honest and achievable reasons for loosing weight. Remember these, say them to yourself every night before you go to bed and in the morning when you wake say a couple of goals for the day to yourself (positive affirmations). It's mind over matter and you WILL do this.

Brenda
X:party0019:

quite a lot of things, but the main one is that when i finally got slim, after being fat all the way through school, i didn't appreciate it. i was only about 17 and then went to uni and basically scragged about in baggy jeans and baggy tshirts and then i lived with stringy guys who lived on pizza and piled it on. unfortunately that never stopped so i gained 5.5 stone. i'm one stone down now so four to go. also...

i am a maid of honour in five weeks and my boobs look slightly obscene in the dress she bought me despite my arguments against but at least now i can do it up properly!!

i am getting married in just over a year and i need to be back down to my thinnest or i'll never forgive myself.

i want to feel more active, have more energy.

i feel i have a really unhealthy addictive attitude to food and i want to curb that habit.

abz xx

A few reasons I started WW.

I want to get my BMI down for an op I have to have later this year.

I wasn't happy with the way I looked and felt self conscious and embarrassed when I was out and met new people or people I hadn't seen in a while. I had no confidence in myself, and that's largely due to the fact that i feel people judge me straight away by the way i look.

I still have a long way to go before I get to my target weight, but have lost 2stone so far and the change in me is unbelievable! I feel so much more healthier, confident and attractive. I can look people in the eye when I speak to them now, and I love meeting people I haven't seen in a while to see the surprise and hear the compliments!:eek:

Don't get me wrong, I'm still well overweight, and sometimes look in the mirror and feel like screaming, but most of the time I'm pretty positive, and now I can't wait to get to goal as I can only imagine I'll look and feel amazing!:D

For me, its my wedding day, thats made me start being serious! Huge determination for that, that have never felt before.

I have always wanted to lose weight, and always trying something.

I finally want to feel happy in my body and not be self concious and insecure.

My partner loves me and my body to pieces and because i dont, i push him away sometimes when he touches my belly etc as it makes me feel sick touching it. I cant understand how he can not mind it, when i am disgusted by it. We end up arguing because i dont want him touching me.

I want to start married life without, its something that takes over my life. Just want to be free of it all xx

Once and for all I would like to not be battling the "i've got to loose weight" thought.

or

"i'm on a diet" response.

I'm 30 in July and this is going to be my time, I know it.

Bren
X

I don't want to die young and leave my boys with no mummy.

Also I want to shop in any shop I like, even if I have to get their biggest size (18 or 20), just so long as I don't HAVE to shop at Evans only! (No offence to Evans, I love your clothes :D)

i feel the same way. evans don't seem to accomodate my shape. i have a very defined waist and most of the things they sell hide that fact so i look much bigger. i quite like their trousers though.

abz xx

I find that Evans just don't know their market. They make mini skirts in a size 32! I am a size 16 and I wouldn't wear a mini FFS!

i totally get that they want to make fashionable clothing for bigger women. but they don't seem to understand that just because i'm a size 20 it doesn't mean i have no shape at all. or that my thighs are the same width as my hips... and nobody should wear crushed velvet or horizontal stripes who is bigger. sorry if i'd offended but very few people can get away with it and half of evans stuff seems geared to make fat people look fatter. and the one in leeds started selling massive bags of haribo next to the till which i just thought was cruel.

abz xx

i totally get that they want to make fashionable clothing for bigger women. but they don't seem to understand that just because i'm a size 20 it doesn't mean i have no shape at all. or that my thighs are the same width as my hips... and nobody should wear crushed velvet or horizontal stripes who is bigger. sorry if i'd offended but very few people can get away with it and half of evans stuff seems geared to make fat people look fatter. and the one in leeds started selling massive bags of haribo next to the till which i just thought was cruel.

abz xx

I agree about Evans clothes making you look bigger.:( I also find the same with some of New Look's Inspire range. Was in yesterday trying to find a pair of jeans, tried a pair of size 18 Inspire ones, and was over the moon, so grabbed a pair of 16's from the main shop, and couldn't get them over my thighs!:( Tried an 18 from the main shop and I couldn't fasten them.:( Really peed me off!:mad:

Back