Whats YOUR motivation?

Hi everyone, I'm new here. After being overweight for ten years I decided to try Slimming World. I am wondering what your motivation goals are? Mine for some reason, is to be much slimmer for Christmas and to be able to buy clothes straight off the rails rather than having to hunt for things that dont make me look. I want to be able to go out ( because at the moment I dont), and to feel and look great. What about you??

Hi everyone, I'm new here. After being overweight for ten years I decided to try Slimming World. I am wondering what your motivation goals are? Mine for some reason, is to be much slimmer for Christmas and to be able to buy clothes straight off the rails rather than having to hunt for things that dont make me look. I want to be able to go out ( because at the moment I dont), and to feel and look great. What about you??

Ooooo good thread mines to fit skinny jeans to go into any shop and just buy my jeans from the tiny sizes designer jeans come in.

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

I'm sure you'll be well on your way to be doing that very soon!! Good luck with everything!

My motivation is to be back to my pre university netball playing days (6 years ago) for my wedding in March

x

My motivation is to start a family, after suffering with a miscarriage late last year... it really opened up my eyes about how unhealthy i was and i was left wondering whether it was because i was obese. To me it's the biggest motivator and is enough to keep me going! Xx

Mine is just to be normal. I've been overweight since I was about 9

My motivation is to fit in all my old clothes again and feel like a miljon dollar in them again:) plus I want my little girl to be proud of her mummy ( am quite sure she isnt bothered about my size, but still:eek:)

Oh good thread! My motivation is 2 fold, firstly and probably should b my most important is to be fit and healthy mum to my 2 girls, the other much more selfish motivation is to be a svelt size 14 when my hubby and I go away to a friends wedding in Sweden at end of august! After that a size 12 and able to get knee high boots to go round my calves come winter time!!!

my motivation is that my son needs a lil brother or sister to get upto mischief with. so am working to get to my pre preg weight(12st) then start trying some more =] also would love to go into a clothes shop and find the size i need... rather than searching for ages on the rails lol..

Good thread!

For me the overall motivation is not to be the "fat friend" anymore and just to feel and look normal.

But motivation for getting on with it this year is my holidays - Ibiza in July (with a group of size 6 girls!) and Las Vegas in September, where I want to be one of those hot women who struts around the pool without a second thought about wobbly bits :D

Ooft loads of things - clothes and appearance and attractiveness are big ones. Health reasons. Confidence reasons. A desire to go out and live life in the way I want to without my weight holding me back. To not be the fat one. To feel confident travelling to other countries and not feeling massive.

I'd say something that really motivated me on this year was...throughout most of my fat life I have never really encountered anyone who has taken issue with my appearance or at least I haven't heard it or been told it to my face. However, a couple of months ago the OH and I were walking down the road hand in hand and this guy (who was no oil painting himself) walks by and says "my god, you're brave mate, going with her" and walks on. This was around 11.30am, on a Sunday, so it wasn't even that likely the guy would be drunk. It just made me feel so sad that someone would do that, he ruined my day and made me feel terrible about myself and probably walked on without giving it a second thought. The fact that someone who knows nothing about me or the type of person I am could affect me so badly made me realise how miserable I am about this. It didn't matter to me then that I knew I was a good person, that I work in a job where I get to help other people every day. Things like my kindness, my intelligence, my morals and my values - all of it meant nothing in that instant where I felt reduced to a feeling of worthlessness because of my weight. I really hated that and I realised it wasn't the guy who upset me so much, it was me feeling terrible about the state I'd gotten myself into, the horrible guy in the street was just a trigger. I think it was that moment that really made me stop ignoring my problem and decide to do something about it.

My motivation is also to start a family, We've been trying for years now and I just have to lose heft to give us the best possible chance before going down other routes.

Although my real underlying reason is great motivation, I must say I am hugely enjoying shopping and being active, my skin looks great and I have tonnes more energy. Slimming Wold really is just great :)

Ooft loads of things - clothes and appearance and attractiveness are big ones. Health reasons. Confidence reasons. A desire to go out and live life in the way I want to without my weight holding me back. To not be the fat one. To feel confident travelling to other countries and not feeling massive.

I'd say something that really motivated me on this year was...throughout most of my fat life I have never really encountered anyone who has taken issue with my appearance or at least I haven't heard it or been told it to my face. However, a couple of months ago the OH and I were walking down the road hand in hand and this guy (who was no oil painting himself) walks by and says "my god, you're brave mate, going with her" and walks on. This was around 11.30am, on a Sunday, so it wasn't even that likely the guy would be drunk. It just made me feel so sad that someone would do that, he ruined my day and made me feel terrible about myself and probably walked on without giving it a second thought. The fact that someone who knows nothing about me or the type of person I am could affect me so badly made me realise how miserable I am about this. It didn't matter to me then that I knew I was a good person, that I work in a job where I get to help other people every day. Things like my kindness, my intelligence, my morals and my values - all of it meant nothing in that instant where I felt reduced to a feeling of worthlessness because of my weight. I really hated that and I realised it wasn't the guy who upset me so much, it was me feeling terrible about the state I'd gotten myself into, the horrible guy in the street was just a trigger. I think it was that moment that really made me stop ignoring my problem and decide to do something about it.

:( made me sad but I've had comments off ppl even when I only weighed 12st.

Ppl just are evil.

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

My main one is to get my BMI under 30 before we try for a baby, don't want any comments on my weight when I do get pregnant.

Also to buy any clothes I like and not have to think what my belly looks like first!

Mine is to be healthy for my son and able to run round after him, and also hopefully for another baby. I also want to just be able to pick up size 12 and go that will fit me!

For me it's a confidence thing mostly. I've gone from this amazingly bubbly super friendly person, into this extremely shy hermit, who is terrified of large groups of people. Even the SW group i went to before, and will be going back to on Thursday, are the loveliest bunch of girls you could meet, but they are all so loud and boisterous (not in a bad way) that i feel like i want the ground to swallow me up.

Also, for the last 4 years, i'm not in any of our holiday pictures because i hide when hubby gets the camera out.

People can be very cruel, and i take everything to heart, and i mean everything, i feel heartbroken at the amount of people who have been broken by a random comment from a complete stranger. How dare they judge anyone?!

Sorry but i don't think anyone has the right to judge anyone for anything. Who cares if you are fat, thin, gay, straight, black, purple or orange. Be who you are, do what makes you happy, and sod the lot of them.

(now if only i could take my own advice lol)

Great thread! xx

Fab thread!

My motivation is to look good and feel good in myself again.
Since having my babies I've put on so much weight, when I look at old photos of myself I don't recognise myself - bubbly, slim, smiling, full of life and looking good! Sad as it is I think I only have one or two photos of m with the children as I hate pictures as I look too big.

My babies are now 3 and 8months and I need to do this before they get any older. I don't want to be a boring mum and let my size dictate what I do.

When we go on holiday this year in November I want to look good, be very active and have loads of piccies!! X

People can be so horrible. Its amazing how somebody you dont know can ruin your day in a second. Hugs xx

Back