Whats your motto??

I like 'Fridge pickers wear bigger knickers' my friend's mum has had it as a fridge magnet for years, and it's great for someone like me who never realised just how much junk I was nibbling on until none of my clothes fit.

My favourite quote in general (today at least) is 'Be yourself, everyone else is taken' Oscar Wilde. My dad ALWAYS quotes that at me when I'm having a stress lol.

I have a few things I think of to keep me going when I feel down or stressed, not just with weightloss but life in general...

Do what you've always done, get what you've always got

Think positive and positive things will happen

Dust yourself off and try again

amazing thoughts everyone :D

" Always concentrate on how far you have come, rather than how far you have left to go. the difference is how easy it seems will amaze you. " - Heidi Johnson

which i think is so cool, because i always think, i have x to loose.. i can't do that.. but i've already losy y .. so if i can do that, i can get rid of x eventually

I don't really have a motto but I try to remind myself than I am in control and not my body.As I am stubborn and like to be in control it usually works.

totally forgot about this :( (shame on me)

" Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as champion. " Muhammad Ali

i always think of this before i go the gym.

Love this thread, motivation is so important, think I will print some of these out and put them in strategic places. Around the house that is, there isn't a quote that is big enough to cover my strategic places :D

I thought it was a great idea to have these quotes wrwitten down somewhere, so i made a little (ok, not so little) flip book. Just a pack of index cards and some split rings, and i just write on any thought inspiring motto's, quotes or sayings. since i spend alot of my time at my computer (when not at work, shopping or the gym) i just keep it near the monitor and can look at it every now and again. i probbly change the page every other day just to keep it different.

i have a few new ones to add and will be doing that soon.. i've also included some of the ones posted here too :D

DSCF5843.jpgDSCF5844.jpg

Not really relevant to weight loss but I like it... 'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain

My weight loss motto is in my sig- Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork. Pretty apt, I think.

My general life motto- Go big or go home. I don't do anything by halves!

And something that I keep in the back of my mind in times of trouble- You drink to drown your sorrows but your sorrows learn to swim. Not that I'm an alcoholic or anything, but I tend to bury my head in the sand if I can't see my way out of a battle. Turns out I'm a pretty fierce warrior though :)

I have a few that my C has put on the groups FB page:

No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - unknown

I had a vase with 7 flowers; 1 to represent each day. If one of my flowers was to die, would I throw them all away? So when you've had a day of treats, and feel guilty and annoyed, why would you give up on the week, with 6 days left to enjoy?

Your body, Your mind, Your decision

You're off to great places. Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way - Dr Seuss

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

If it's important, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse.

Back