Whats your motto??

i have a new one our greatest weakness lies in giving up... the most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time... (Thomas A. Edison)

dietqueen82 said:
i have a new one our greatest weakness lies in giving up... the most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time... (Thomas A. Edison)

Thomas edison 'failed' hundreds of times!

wow, are we all philosophers :D

If god had wanted me to touch my toes he would have put them on my knees... but what about if i want to touch my toes?????

'' Don't say you dont't have time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson and Albert Einstien.'' - H. Jackson Brown

Flibsey said:
I don't have a motto, but the thought I keep in my head is "I will not become my mother".

It's the opposite for me. My mum is 83 weighs about 9 st 4 and is as fit as a flea. She last saw a Dr about two years ago and before that it was ten years or more. She's not on any pills or diet regime, does her own gardening etc. Helps in our local charity shop twice a week. I wish I had half her energy. If I turn out like her I'll be very content.

Also another of mine is the first step to solving a problem is recognising there is a problem. This one works for me cos my weight problem is not genetic, because I'm big boned (I am sooo not), due to hormones, my parents fault etc etc etc. it's because I EAT TOO MUCH OF THE WRONG STUFF! That's the problem

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined."

i have a posters like that on my 'motivation board' next to my computer
my fave at the moment is

' I'm not overweight, i'm just 2 feet too short '

I've been a bit self sabotagey lately, so I'm applying the following logic before any purchases of the things that meant I gained this week

'Do I want this enough to be fat for it'

Don't get me wrong, syns within my allowance yay - but I need to adjust my brain a bit and stop tweaking

Take the positive out of everything

another that I also live by is .......

There are no problems only solutions.

Back