What's Your Off-Plan December Menu?

Maka

A New Woman
Like most of us on here, I intend to come off plan for some days or so over Christmas. And yet, knowing myself, I could so easily lose control. My issue seems to be with carbs...I have addiction traits I reckon.

So I came across the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet online and wonder if anyone has any experience of it.

Basically it is 3 meals per day: protein and veg only for 2 of the meals and then a 3rd "Reward Meal" made up of a third protein, a third veg(good carbs) and a third of what you like(bad carbs). You can have wine and beer with this meal but it all must be consumed within an hour.

I wonder whether you could truly lose weight that way, but I need some structure that allows me to enjoy myself without spiralling out of control.

I am not expecting to lose weight when off-plan, but I'd like to either maintain or at least limit the "damage" and not have to deal with shedding a load like 10lbs .

Does anyone know anything about this?

I'm interested in knowing what are other folk who LOVE food going to do? One size doesn't fit all and I'm lousy at and get no success with calorie -counting. I have had some success while low-carbing but slow losses put me off.

So, what's your off-plan December menu?

I don't really have a 'plan' per se - it's probably something I need to get around to figuring out though. My expectation on days when I'm going to have a night out is to keep having a shake for breakfast, then have a low carb meal for lunch (either chicken/turkey/fish salad or an omelette with veggies) and in the evening exercise moderation but not force myself to entirely abstain - a little of anything I want ;) . I won't need to carb up beforehand as I'm a medical no-drink case at the moment - a blessing and a curse! Christmas day will probably be an entire write off in regards to low-carb eating, but I do plan again to follow the idea of exercising moderation and portion control.

I suppose my idea is pretty similar to the CA plan in regards to low-carb, bad-carb proportions. I don't intend to have many bars this month so as to try and maximise losses on my on-plan days (I hope!). I imagine my plan will be subject to further ammendments once I see how it goes...

I really dont think about it , because to me the off plan days are a chance for me to eat what the hell i like
so
16th December Macdonads and a few beers
17th lots of chrismassy treats at the christmas market and all you can eat chinese with wine
25th christmas dinner , pudding , and all the chocolate and nuts I can physically consume
26th december ditto

As you can see I do like to make things very difficult for myself ;)

Now when Ive reached goal it will be a different matter , and I wont be resorting to such gluttonous behaviour or i will obviously put it all back on again , but for a few planned days off I am not really giving it a second though

Probably not really the answer you was looking for :D
But well done for being so restrained and when you say those of us that LOVE food I didnt think there were people who didnt love food , so Im really confused now ....just teasing :p

I'm having a very off plan time between Xmas eve and going back to work on 4th Jan when I intend to restart. Anyway, all diets start in Jan don't they? ;). I am going to try to contain my gain to 7lbs but we shall see. I figure that I'll lose the 7 pounds in the first week so I'll be back to pre Xmas weight by 11th Jan. That's the plan anyway. I am however going to try to eat smaller portions of indulgent food from a smaller plate instead of the monster plates I used before. Alcohol will feature, but not in the quantity that I used to consume before.

Longer term I am going to try to contain my intake of carbs since that was my downfall before, and the start of putting weight back on after my last VLCD. All the time I cut out the heavy carbs (so no rice, potato, bread or pasta), and limited alcohol I maintained pretty well but then I started back on the carbs and there I was craving more carbs and putting on the weight. I can't see me low carbing forever though and I do want some fruit when I reach goal (I especially miss bananas!), so I'm going to have to find a diet that contains carbs and doesn't make me hungry as hell, that I can stick to and maintains my weight. I'm also going to stick with the small plate and restrict alcohol and more indulgent food to the weekend. So no filled baguettes for lunch at work followed by crisps. It's going to be more salad and fruit based. And to try to keep to my top weight limit this time that triggers a 'I must lose that weight' response. Last time I had a top weight but once I passed it I just told myself that I could lose it all again whenever I wanted and so stated the vicious circle of weight gain and denial. It's not easy is it!

Last edited:
I'll be having Christmas day and boxing day off plan and will eat whatever i want. Will be straight back on it on the 27th though as i will have 3 weeks to fit back in my uniform before my return to work! :eek:

How much do you need to lose to fit the uniform Chloesmom? You could probably lose a couple of stone between now and then if you only have a couple of days off.

Well i can do it up now which is a start but i'd also like to be able to breathe in it lol. I'm thinking need to lose a stone at least. Would love to lose another 2 stone by then but think my losses may be slowing now, lost 2lb this week!

Sounds like a stone for breathing then and 2 for comfortably loose. Anymore and they'll need to provide you with the next size down uniform :). Try it on each week. Even if you don't lose loads the feeling of getting those clothes closer to wearing comfortably will spur you on. It does me as my losses are really slow at the mo :(

Ha ha! Can't wait for the day i need a smaller size. Yeah been trying on some of my smaller clothes today actually and can defo tell the difference. Will start to do that more often i think as have started to develop an obsession with what the scales are telling me. I weigh daily anyway but since it started slowing i've been weighing after every wee lol.

You're getting more scales obsessed than me :) although I'm lying in bed at the mo as I'm putting off getting up and weighing myself (WI today) as I have a feeling that today is going to be a very crap week :(.

Personally my off plan plan is protein veg lots of water then only after that I'll have something else if I feel I want and need it. Xmas dinner can actually be really healthy and I hope to maintain over that day but for parties the week before and week after I'm drinking so will be consuming around 1000-1500cals maybe more with the drinks but it's possible to maintain or only gain a bit. I can plan to go for a run but In this cold i may not be motivated enough too!

Nice to have something to look forward go anyway and gives us more reason to be good between now and the first Christmas events!

I jus realised my plan sounds like that reward meal thing u mentioned!

X

I really dont think about it , because to me the off plan days are a chance for me to eat what the hell i like
so
16th December Macdonads and a few beers
17th lots of chrismassy treats at the christmas market and all you can eat chinese with wine
25th christmas dinner , pudding , and all the chocolate and nuts I can physically consume
26th december ditto

As you can see I do like to make things very difficult for myself ;)

Now when Ive reached goal it will be a different matter , and I wont be resorting to such gluttonous behaviour or i will obviously put it all back on again , but for a few planned days off I am not really giving it a second though

Probably not really the answer you was looking for :D
But well done for being so restrained and when you say those of us that LOVE food I didnt think there were people who didnt love food , so Im really confused now ....just teasing :p

Looooool...you got me laughing now! Actually, I've noticed you really are good at getting back on track and I have failed so dismally before and it scares me. Your food plan sounds like what I would really want to do, but if I carry that through, there's no going back to packs auntil I'm bursting out of my clothes and I can't wear a skirt cos my thighs chafe!

Now as for people who DON'T love food....mmmmm, they're probably not on here are they...loooool x

Even if you don't lose loads the feeling of getting those clothes closer to wearing comfortably will spur you on. It does me as my losses are really slow at the mo :([/QUOTE]

Aye! Aye! Nothing feels as good as slipping into something that was too tight...can't wait to get home and try on my denim jumpsuit :)

The only plan I have is shake for breakfast. I'm pretty sure mince pies/ chocolate/ nuts/ roast potatoes/ stuffing will negate that but whilst I drink it I'll feel virtuous ;)

For those who are going off plan are you planning to refeed a bit before hand or just go straight to eating and hope for the best? x

Personally Ill be just diving right in :D

Just preordered my New years eve meal , King Prawns , Steak and chips with Jack Daniels sauce , Rocky road fudge cake, Pinot grigio and Irish coffee , yum yum !!

Urgh sounds too good!! Prob do the same. Good as poss other days tho, poss similar to what ive been doing n back on it jan. Will see poss back to 100% tomoz as prob could of managed meal tonight as wasnt desperate like last night, but decided to eat the turkey before i had to freeze it n hubby was having a pizza... Grrrr rubbish excuse i know but nearly there haha no turkey left lol

I think I just drooled... Im starting to worry about christmas now, Im going home for 3 weeks and I know there will be nights out involved but I think I will find it hard to jump on and off plan all the time x

I'm starting a re-feed tomorrow (the Lipotrim plan) I wasn't going to but I think it'll be the most sensible way coz otherwise the carb loading and accompanying bloatedness and blood sugar spikes will make me a miserable beetch over Christmas lol x

Back