Whats your typical days menu and calories?

GagaOoLala

Hiya :)

I been calorie counting for about 2 weeks now and I have lost 1st 2lbs Very happy.

I was just wondering what everyone eats every day? I'm starting to get bored of my menu and I don't wanna quit.

This is my days menu:

Breakfast: Cornflakes or Smoothie. (200c)

Lunch: Pot of veg soup from morrisons (212c)

Mid-Afternoon: 2 Low fat crackers with 1 triangle of laughing cow. (100C)

Dinner: Chicken salad with new potatos and a corn on the cob. (400c)

Supper: Fruit or yogurt (80c)

Drinking water and green tea throughout the day and I sometimes have a can of diet coke with my dinner.

Any suggestions for lunch mainly because I am so bored with this soup now!!

:)

Cheers xx

Do you have the same thing every day? Maybe you could come up with a more varied weekly menu instead?

Breakfast
For 200 calories you could have a boiled/poached egg and a piece of toast

Lunch - are you at work for this so it needs to be ready to eat or just heated?
If not, how about an omelette? If you use just the egg whites and something like ham and mushroom it's a great low calorie meal which I find pretty tasty!
If you do have to have it ready, how about doing different salads?

With dinner there's a huuuuge number of options out there! I can cook chicken casserole for 300 calories a portion. Things like a piece of salmon with boiled potatoes and veg, that was a bit under 400 calories.

I've got to go to work now but I'll post some website links later!

Hiya Caroline,

Yeah I have been having the same kinda thing everyday (Except when I had a bit of a bad day and had mc donalds at the start of my diet lol) I knew I would get bored of it sooner or later but Im trying to keep to 1200-1400 and exercise.

I don't work atm but I do have a second job interview next week so hopefully soon I will have to be eating a packed lunch which will be good! I get very nervous and tend to overeat to try and shut up the nerves so I am trying to keep calm lol.

Thank you again and I will speak to you soon xx

breakfast:-
either boiled egg 1 piece dry toast
Or
Protein shake
Or
granola

Lunch
soup
Or
ham salad sandwich
Or
Baked potatoe

Dinner
Quorn burger and salad
Or
baked potatoe
Or
chicken, brown rice with sauce- any sauce in jar (not a good cook, lol) wine sauce, korma anything usually as i measure it all out in portions and freeze.
80g chicken with 40g brown rice and sauce.

Snack
protein shake
Or
20g nuts
Or
small choc

Night time snack
always have a mini choc bar, other wise i wouldn't stick to any diet plan.

Total cals between 1200-1500

good luck n your interview.
i tend to eat through bordom and if happy sad etc. all the time. but i find cal counting really keeps you on track because you can see where your up to

Breakfast - Weetaix and milk (200 calories)
Lunch - Big tuna pasta salad (350 calories)
Dinner - A meal of anything I want. I usually take about 700 calories worth and 9/10 it's healthy. Sometimes I treat myself to a pizza, but I only eat 700(ish) calories worth
Snacks - Cheese strings, special K bar, apple, fruit. Never go above 200 calories on the snacks.

I'm slightly new to calorie counting, but here's a recipe I tried out last night for a brilliant salmon dish:

1/4 cup pure maple syrup (NOT pancake syrup!) or honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2-3 cloves minced garlic
12 ounces fresh or thawed salmon

Directions:
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a gallon-size ziploc bag, shake it up, and then add the salmon. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for an hour, turning after half an hour. Pour the salmon and the marinade into a baking dish and bake in a 350 degree oven, covered with foil, for 15 minutes. Enjoy! Makes (4) 3 ounce servings.

All for a total of 216.8 calories.

I tried that for the first time last night and it was brilliant. My hubby doesn't like salmon, so I just made up the marinade and just one fillet of the fish and used the cooked marinade as a sauce over some brown rice, with a small amount of steamed brocolli and voila! Grand total of 459 calories :D

I'm slightly new to calorie counting, but here's a recipe I tried out last night for a brilliant salmon dish:

1/4 cup pure maple syrup (NOT pancake syrup!) or honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2-3 cloves minced garlic
12 ounces fresh or thawed salmon

Directions:
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a gallon-size ziploc bag, shake it up, and then add the salmon. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for an hour, turning after half an hour. Pour the salmon and the marinade into a baking dish and bake in a 350 degree oven, covered with foil, for 15 minutes. Enjoy! Makes (4) 3 ounce servings.

All for a total of 216.8 calories.

I tried that for the first time last night and it was brilliant. My hubby doesn't like salmon, so I just made up the marinade and just one fillet of the fish and used the cooked marinade as a sauce over some brown rice, with a small amount of steamed brocolli and voila! Grand total of 459 calories :D

What is this sauce like? Well marinade? Sweet? Thanks

Breakfast: a banana and a muller yoghurt (toffee is my fave!). I sometimes have a choccie biscuit too, but only if I am working.

Lunch: a wrap, filled with 30g Philadelphia (usually garlic and herb, but they have loads of lovely flavours), 4 slices of wafer thin ham, one spring onion, one roasted pepper and LOADS of salad. It really bulks it out. I have that with some low cal crisps - Quavers usually. Sometimes have some sun dried tomatoes with it too. And have something sweet to finish.

Dinner: usually either fish fingers, fish cakes, fish, sausages, or something like that, with salad, sun dried tomatoes, and half a can of spaghetti.

If I want a snack my faves are low cal choccie bars like Breakaway or Rocky. Ice lollies are nice - Refresher is about 50 cals. Fruit - banana 100, apple 50.

What I eat depends on what lectures I have that day, or what work I have. I try to boost my calories on days when I am exercising (which is pretty much every day).

I usually have

Breakfast - Grapes - 60
Strawberries - 30

Lunch - Packet of Chicken Roll - 80
Velvet Crunch - 81
Freddo - 95

Dinner - Count on us meal - usually one for 380

Left with 124... This usually goes towards a snack in the evening.

Every day is different but thats one of my days that i repeat around 2-3 times a week.

Got my graze box today. So i may go over as i love munching away on that!

Lunch: a wrap, filled with 30g Philadelphia (usually garlic and herb, but they have loads of lovely flavours), 4 slices of wafer thin ham, one spring onion, one roasted pepper and LOADS of salad. It really bulks it out.

I love the sound of your Lunch. How many calories does it usually come too?

Thanks

Lunch: a wrap, filled with 30g Philadelphia (usually garlic and herb, but they have loads of lovely flavours), 4 slices of wafer thin ham, one spring onion, one roasted pepper and LOADS of salad. It really bulks it out. I have that with some low cal crisps - Quavers usually. Sometimes have some sun dried tomatoes with it too. And have something sweet to finish.

Same as me!! I usually have snack a jacks though, love them! And usually an apple to finish. What wraps do you have? I've got the old el paso tortilla wraps at the moment but they're 140 calories, wondering if there are better ones!

I couldn't even find any other ones in the Sainsburys that I was in!! It was just the more expensive old el paso ones. 20 calories isn't a big deal really if it saves you some cash!

My usual is

Breakfast: either a poached egg or some low-fat bio yoghurt with blueberries.
Lunch: soup of some sort with crackers. Fruit.
Dinner: mixed salad with peppers, tomatoes etc and either fish or lean meat.

The weather's starting to get warmer, so I'm going to have to rethink lunch. I'll vary it a bit and get nuts and a variety of fish/meat in there, but the basic diet is essentially the same.

Same as me!! I usually have snack a jacks though, love them! And usually an apple to finish. What wraps do you have? I've got the old el paso tortilla wraps at the moment but they're 140 calories, wondering if there are better ones!

Warburtons have recently bought out 100cal square wraps - as far as I'm aware, they're still a pound in all the major supermarkets. They're super tasty. They also do sandwich thins, which are like a roll, but square and a bit flatter. Wholegrain too.

I usually aim to take in about 1400, 1450 calories a day and I have 5 small meals over the day. Each meal works out to be a round about 290kcals a time. At least one of those a day is "structured" though, meaning one is protein either in the form of a shake (after my strength training) or a bounce ball (before my cardio training) to help build my muscles and keep me going (protein fills you up). Here's an average day (I just lifted it from my meal plan for one of the coming weeks)

Monday (Strength):
1. 1 x cup All-bran (160kcal),200ml lactofree milk(81kcal) 0.5 grapefruit (36kcal), - 277kcal
2. 1 banana (108 kcal), 2tbsp Peanut Butter (174kcal), 1 tsp cinnamon/ground mixed spice – 282kcal
3. Omelette (1 x egg 70kcal, 2 x serving liquid egg whites 50kcal), 1x cup spinach (7kcal), ½ red pepper (25kcal) + salad (100kcal) – appx 252kcal.
4. 1x serving protein shake (179kcal), 1 apple (85kcal)
5. fruit smoothie #1 – 217kcal

Friday (Cardio): 1. 1 x cup All-bran (160kcal),200ml lactofree milk(81kcal) 0.5 grapefruit (36kcal), - 277kcal
2. 1 banana (108), 2 tbsp peanut butter (174), 1 tsp ground mixed spice – 282kcal
3. ½ carton fresh soup (200) + 100g black grapes (50-75)
4. Asian Steamed fish fillet and vegetables (300kcal max)

5.1 x Bounce Ball (209 kcal)/ vitacoco after cardio (60kcal)

I normally eat a banana and peanut butter every day, as I love peanut butter. Sometimes I have it with a different nut butter, but mostly peanut because its cheaper =) Sometimes, it can get a bit boring because you're limited as to how much you can consume in one sitting (sometimes I go a little bit over, but as long as I don't go over 1500 a day I'm fine) - but I find the repetition just means i have to get a bit more creative!

If any of my meals fall under 200 or so calories (it can happen if you're having fish and salad!) I normally have some fruit or nuts on hand to build up my calorie intake =)

I mentioned the sandwich thins in my diary.... I bought some, they are lovely. They can be toasted, which make a lower calories option for toast! Or, as a sandwich, which makes a lower cal option for sandwiches. Also, says they could be grilled... they work really well with anything I think. I thought they tasted Italian, if you know what I mean, kind of Foccacia like.

I saw the square wraps, but they are a lot smaller than the round wraps that I get. I wasn't sure whether to get them or not. I like a lot of filling in my wraps, and these are kind of rectangular, and quite thick, and I wasn't sure they would hold the filling very well. However, they also showed an option of using it as a pizza base. I have tried to make a wrap pizza before which didn't work too well because the wraps were too thin - I might buy these square wraps for a pizza base as they are pretty thick, and would hold the topping well.

I mentioned the sandwich thins in my diary.... I bought some, they are lovely. They can be toasted, which make a lower calories option for toast! Or, as a sandwich, which makes a lower cal option for sandwiches. Also, says they could be grilled... they work really well with anything I think. I thought they tasted Italian, if you know what I mean, kind of Foccacia like.

I saw the square wraps, but they are a lot smaller than the round wraps that I get. I wasn't sure whether to get them or not. I like a lot of filling in my wraps, and these are kind of rectangular, and quite thick, and I wasn't sure they would hold the filling very well. However, they also showed an option of using it as a pizza base. I have tried to make a wrap pizza before which didn't work too well because the wraps were too thin - I might buy these square wraps for a pizza base as they are pretty thick, and would hold the topping well.

How many calories are in the sandwich thins?

Thanks x

Thank you so much to everyone whos replied! I haven't been on here in a while so I'm just going through it all now and writing receipes down it all sounds so great! :) Thank you xx

Ok, So I am spending my Friday night in writing up a diet menu for the next 2 weeks. *BOOORING* Lol!

I have re-read my rosemary conley "Amazing inch loss plan!" book I bought at xmas with the best intentions and (then discarded it because the reciepes look too complicated) lol Im a cook that doesnt weigh ingredients and just chucks it in and makes amazing food but with far too many calories hense why I put 4stone on in 3 months when I became unemployed lol.. ooops :$

But am I totally overthinking this and would a bog standered Ham sarnie on wholemeal bread (2 slices) with a smidge of butter and a bit of ham and lettace and a apple be ok for lunch? I just hate being hungry and I can't bear diet food I just think maybe cut back?

Also is it easy to make these reciepes for dinner? I can't stick tuna/chicken/ham salad any more for my evening meal it makes me depressed I want real food!

Ahh and whats with all the quorn? lol.. ewwy.

Xx

Back