Whats your Xmas eve traditions????

every year we sit and watch polar express with all the lights turned off and christmas tree lights on.

house nice and warm, doggies asleep on rug, lots of nice nibbles and things to drink.

lock the world away outside and just forget troubles for a few hours

The past 8 Christmas eves have either involved working :( or going out for a few drinks with the ex (obviously wasn't ex at the time :D) and his brother and wife. Not working this Christmas eve (yay!) so I intend on going down to the parents and chilling out there! Never really had a tradition as such, apart from the mince pie, carrot and sherry thing.

One year when drunk, I couldn't find a mince pie, mum had drank all the sherry, and the carrots were cut up for dinner. So Santa got a potato, Rudolph got an egg, and they had to share a can of diet coke. It was funny at the time.....

One year when drunk, I couldn't find a mince pie, mum had drank all the sherry, and the carrots were cut up for dinner. So Santa got a potato, Rudolph got an egg, and they had to share a can of diet coke. It was funny at the time.....

Lol! :8855: This post has made my day! :D xxx

I much prefer the run up to Christmas, & Christmas Eve is just the best! I think it must be all the anticipation, Christmas Day just seems such an anticlimax! We always have Christmas at home with our son, nearly 5 now, & expecting this Christmas to be a bit more manic as he's so much more clued up to it all now. Christmas Eve meal is almost always gammon & parsley sauce (I'd prefer to have Stargazy pie, but DS not keen on fish, unless it comes in a finger with breadcrumbs lol!) then our best attempts to get DS into bed & off to sleep then OH goes to the pub, & I chill out at home... Cant wait! :D

Hahahaha love it an egg and potato and diet coke lol

Wonder wat santa thought of that lol

Reminds me of the time I was little and our stokings were always bought onto the foot of our bed as if Santa checked u were sleepin and left it there.... One yr we woke and they weren't there :( was heartbroken....mom came onto our room sayin she found them in the hall n that Santa must of drank too much as he drank the sherry left for him and took one of dads largers out the fridge!!! ( turned out mom n dad stayed up drinking n got too drunk n dad left his half drunk can out!!!)

Funny :)

every year we sit and watch polar express with all the lights turned off and christmas tree lights on.

house nice and warm, doggies asleep on rug, lots of nice nibbles and things to drink.

lock the world away outside and just forget troubles for a few hours

Us too!!! I love Polar Express and wouldnt want to watch it any other time of the year. We snuggle up on the setee under a huge fleece throw.

Reminds me of the time I was little and our stokings were always bought onto the foot of our bed as if Santa checked u were sleepin and left it there.... One yr we woke and they weren't there :( was heartbroken....mom came onto our room sayin she found them in the hall n that Santa must of drank too much as he drank the sherry left for him and took one of dads largers out the fridge!!! ( turned out mom n dad stayed up drinking n got too drunk n dad left his half drunk can out!!!)

Funny :)

Brilliant!

Im so glad i posted this reading through them all today has give me a warm fuzzy feeling!!!!!!!!!! I love it. I am a big kid at heart!

I spend the morning getting all the veg prepared for xmas day and also delivering presents to my sisters. We then go out for an early dinner. When we get home we shower and put our new pj's on and snuggle and watch a film.

Jay will leave a glass wine out for santa with a mince pie and he has a handful of sliced carrot (that i cut earlier :p) He also throws the raindeer food out in the garden so santa can see where to land

Once he's asleep i get all the presents out round the tree, drink the wine :D eat the mince pie and settle down with maybe another glass ;)

Back