Whee! Atkins

Diva2.0

Well, I just want to say hi. I was doing a liquid Ketosis diet and it nearly did my nut in. So, I've merged into Atkins and love it! I'm doing Induction now but am worried about the lack of sweets advice?

Day 1
Breakfast Atkins shake 2
Lunch atkins shake 2

Dinner
Tuna salad 0

Snacks
2 eggs 1
Salad with tomato 4

10 carbs total (plan to eat more tomorrow but don't want to overdo after my liquid craziness):D

7.gif
welcome to atkins!

good idea to ease yourself in from a liquid to solid routine, wishing you success!

any questions, ask away, we might be able to help :)

Hi Diva and welcome.

What you posted about what you've eaten doesn't look good to me. Not enough veggies for a start.

Please take a look at the "So your'e thinking of starting Atkins" stickie and have a read of the "What are we eating" thread.

Thanks for looking out for me Jim! Believe you me, I plan on eating the veggies. I'd already read your thinking of starting Atkins and been to the Atkins site, but since I've only been drinking liquid, I didn't want to make my insides sick. :D Today I will be adding alot more veg and am looking forward to it! Thanks everybody! Am so excited to be starting this!

Thanks Ditzee! I will be good, I promise. The whole reason I switched to Atkins was so I wouldn't feel like a deprived lunatic. :D You'll be happy to know that its only just after breakfast here and I've had 5 carbs. Lunch should be simple and around 5 carbs also. Can't wait for my dinner tonight. . . Taco salad without the taco and loads of happy veggies, including avocado. yum!

Hiya Diva - you were on the Lipotrim board when I was there, weren't you? How did that work out for you, weight loss-wise?

A big welcome to this part of the board, it's lovely. Everyone is so helpful. And happy - because we eat eat eat all day long.

It's best to do as Jimbubs says - you wouldn't like him when he's angry. ;) That's why we all eat our veg like good boys and girls. EVERY day. :D

Hi Ditzee! Mmmm. I'm looking forward to it. Mince with coriander and garlic. On top of at least 1 cup romaine, chopped tomato, cucumber, onion, more coriander, a touch of jalepeno, avocado and an ounce or two of chedder cheese shredded.

To answer, I've been living in Dublin, but had to fly home to Denver Colorado as my mum is ill and I'm looking after her for the next 6 weeks. Thanks for all your help!

Waterworks!!
Yeppers. That was me. I did really well. . . I did get down to goal, but then I was baaaaad. Over 3 months I slowly gained it back. I gained most of it back when my mom got sick, over the course of a month. So, here I am. I did about a week of shakes again thinking, I can do this. . . but erm. No. I did 5 days and cracked and started in on low carb. On the upside, I'm down 8 pounds and haven't gained by eating low carb. So yay!!! Only 1 more stone to go and I will be delighted. Glad to see you here! How is Atkins working for you? Obviously well given your stats. How long have you been doing it?

LOL. I will do as Jim says, as what he says makes PERFECT sense. And its nice everyone looks out for eachother and makes sure we're not doing stupid unhealthy things.

Back