When did people notice your weight loss?

Dinosaur

I'm nearly 2 stone down now (well 3 lb's off:p), yet no-one appears to have noticed any difference, not even my husband has commented.

I'm still in size 18 clothes but (I think) they are looser and fit better than before, when I was more 'shoe horned' into them:eek:

So when did others notice with you?

People noticed at the end of week for me-bt that's becase it all went off my face!! Oh-and my hands!!

I had a lot to lose so it took longer. It was probably about 4 stone off for me - maybe a bit more. This is from people who I hadn't told I was dieting.

Once it starts though it doesn't seem to stop. Every day someone is telling you how great you look. Its incredible!

i noticed i felt slimme ron first week as lost 12 but defiently on my 2nd now ppl are noticing on my face that im slimmer x

It all went from my face first too, but about three weeks into the diet I had a haircut and new style. Around then soooo many people (who didn't know I was on the diet) kept telling my how absolutely wonderful my new haircut is and how much thinner it makes my face look!

Oh well, I guess I have a way to go before people really realise. For now I'm happy knowing that my hair will grow again, but my face is going to stay slimmer :)

Dee x

TBH - I think people have only really started to notice mine now as well... Alot of it is to do with how you disguise your weight though as well. When I tell people I was nearly 14 and a half stone - no one can believe me, they think I'm winding them up, but that was because my weight is ALL OVER so I carry.
When I told my Dr I was obese he said I was overweight - when he weighed me he apologised and had to agree - again its how you disguise it hun!

As long as you know - thats all that counts xxxx

Last week I bumped into an friend I haven't seen for a long time and she is the only person who has made a comment about my weight loss without knowing I am on a diet.

I'm on week 6 and have lost 25 lbs so far.

I think when people see you all the time, they don't notice the gradual loss. Also, I keep well covered up .... I am saving myself for my big reveal in a gold bikini :rolleyes:

It is strange, I wasnt getting any comments really apart from my mum, but the last few weeks I have lost nothing, but loads of people are noticing! Almost every day at work someone notices now, but while it was coming off noone did!

3 and a half weeks in and just over a stone down and nobody has noticed for me yet. Think I was good at disguising it too and when I told a couple of friends that I was over 15 stone a few weeks ago, they didnt believe me.

Thanks everyone.

DH mentioned tonight that I looked slimmer - although he may be angling for something:D;):eek:

Also, I've realised that all this winter I've been wearing my big fleecy jumper for school pick ups - I bought it when heavily pg last year as a winter coat, unfortunately it still fit me (although more snuggly) this winter, despite not being pg:(:eek:, so I guess I've been hidden away in this so no-one will have seen my progress.

Let's hope that in a month or two's time I can emerge from my fleece coccoon and emerge a skinny butterfly:p:D

Maybe it's because you are wearing the same clothes. People have got used to seeing the clothes, rather than the person.
Mine went off my face so everyone thought i was terribly ill!

I think a lot of it depends on how much you have to lose. I had 5 stone to lose and people started making comments about my weight loss last week when I'd lost about a stone & a half.

i loose it from my face 1st, but no1 notices until i loose a LOT which i dont need to do....but its nice when someone DOES notice

most people say its the 3 stone barrier that people notice, thats what happened with me, but some people just notice a difference, not the actual weight loss!!!

Mine was around the 2.5-3 stone mark... mind you some people didn't seem to notice until I had lost the full 5 stone!

Gx

Back