When do you see it?!

Sapi Ketawa

I was just wondering if some of those who are further along this process than me would share when their loss first became visible? I have lost 22lb so far, and really thought that it should be visible by now?! :(:confused:

I have not told anyone I am dieting, and I don't really expect anyone else to comment as almost everyone I know is well aware that it's a really sensitive topic - but I still can't really see a difference when I look in the mirror! My clothes are perhaps every so slightly looser but not much. Is it taking so long because I'm so short (5 foot, and really, at this weight I am almost wider than I am tall!!:D)

I would think somewhere between the first two and three stone people started to notice with me. Now it's six stone I keep getting so many comments about how I look like a totally different person, lol. So keep up the good work, 22lbs is a fab start, and it'll be great when you really start to feel the difference. But also, don't judge it by other people's reactions - as you say, they may not comment for a while, as it can be a sensitive thing, like they're saying you were fat before if they comment that you've lost weight! The main thing is how YOU feel about it, your own self-esteem. xx

It takes the mind time to catch up to the changes in our body. I've lost almost 4 stone and I STILL can't really see a difference in myself, despite going from XXL tops to medium/large.

Some people will notice the changes in you, others won't. The important thing is just to keep going no matter what! 22lbs is an amazing amount of weight to lose, but don't stop til you reach your goal. Buy yourself some nice clothes in the size you want to be and keep going til they fit :)

Diet slipped ever so slightly these last 5 days but back on form now! Reassessed target from 14st to 12st. 3st 8.5lbs to go!!

I have lost 45lbs from my highest weight of 297lbs. My clothes are looser and I can fit in the size 24s I couldn't do up before. But on a whole I don't see it still :/ I wonder If I could end up a size 14 and still not see a difference though I'm sure I'm being over-dramatic. What I have noticed though, is I can do more without being out of breathe! I walked 3.25 Miles yesterday and felt fantastic when I got home! Stick to it, you will notice a difference one way or another soon I'm sure. Well done on your progress so far :D

Back