When ever you feel like you havent lost much try weighing cans! 5lbs is 5 cans!

charliebecca

Sounds daft, but i had a bit of a down day today as ive lost 5 1/2 lbs in 4 weeks. Bit dispointed, i know its a healthier loss but as a previous yoyo dieter i usually lost a stone by now. So to make my self feel better i put the equviliant amount of cans of beans on the scales and its 5!

Then try and lift the cans up and ull realise how much it is that your losing!

I normally visualise blocks of butter - pure fat! Makes even a pound seem like so much more than it does on the scales!

Sounds daft, but i had a bit of a down day today as ive lost 5 1/2 lbs in 4 weeks. Bit dispointed, i know its a healthier loss but as a previous yoyo dieter i usually lost a stone by now. So to make my self feel better i put the equviliant amount of cans of beans on the scales and its 5!

Then try and lift the cans up and ull realise how much it is that your losing!

dumb question time - is that the 400g cans?:D

Yep. it worked out about 5 cans in 5 and half pounds. But yeh it really cheered me up because i thought id be able to fit into an item of clothing today and instead i could still see my budda belly and it made me think" Jesus i really have lost sweet f* all!"

I never really thought of it like this. I know what its like trying to carry shopping bags with a few tins in, and to think before I started losing weight I was carrying that around anyway.

Back