When I reach target, I look forward to....

Hellywoowoo said:
I feel your pain - when i went shopping half the trolley was filled with lovely healthy food and the other with chocolate and crisps etc and people would look at me like 'ohhh thats why shes so fat she thinks eating an apple will counteract the slab of dairy milk' so now i do it online lol! x

I feel exactly the same way! At least it stops us buying naughty things :) (Well not me, cause I can send the boyfriend to buy the bad stuff haha)

I look forward to getting some lovely underwear. Sorry for tmi but I want suspenders and lace etc which I do not have the confidence to wear now!! X

Being able to get fertility treatment on the NHS and being a mum after 11 years trying.
Regular * week
Being able to wear the jeans we sell in the shop I work in. I can just about squeeze into tops and leggings, but with a 45% discount, my spending sprees are very limited!

seeing my jawline:D

I just had a lovely bubble bath... so, with this in mind, I look forward, when I'm at target, to being able to bend forward in the bath without creating several big ol' folds of belly flab! :D

All of the above, especially being able to look in the mirror again.
Having my photo taken and liking it

Not having to judge the parking space to give me enough space to get out. Or walking the long way round as I'm scared of getting stuck! Also not dreading the turnstile type doors at the gym.

No having to 'judge' a chair as suitable to sit on.

Not being able to feel my belly resting on my thighs when driving/on the recumbent cycle.

Can I just add to the 'apple' ladies wishing to be pears, I'm a 'pearapple' and it's awful!

To the lady who thinks no-one looks at her hubby because he's in a wheelchair....don't be so sure, I recently had a phwoaar moment at a guy in a wheelchair (I'm v happily married but a girl can look!)

What a fab thread. I have lots:

*be able to wear size 12 or less and just pick up anything in the shop

*be able to do up the knee high boots I wore twice 4 years ago before I put all the weight on

*go to go ape. My thighs are just below the maximum size for the harness but want to go and not have to extend them to their largest size or be paranoid that their measurements are wrong and me get there for them to say that I'm too fat!

*wear a skirt on holiday without needing lanacane or tights

*be lighter than my hubby and be able to sit on his knee without squashing him and for him to be able to pick me up

*not making people take lots of the same photo of me (above the waist only) and then deleting the worst ones to leave me with the least bad one that I still hate

*not flinch when hubby touches my tummy

*not be paranoid that if I go to the doctors they'll just say that anything wrong with me is cos I'm fat (although I went for a repeat prescription of the pill recently and she said "you've lost a lot of weight since last time - well done" :D

*feel good about myself when I spend times with my skinny friends

*have lost enough weight that even my mother in law can't fail to notice (although I think a complement from her might be a bit too much to hope for - she might at least stop criticising me)

*not HAVE to look in a mirror before I go out as I'll know that I look good (ie not fat) in whatever I wear

I'm looking forward to:

Wearing a smaller sized works uniform and being able to chase after someone and actually catch them :)

Buying a completely new wardrobe of fashionable clothes and being able to grab what I want and not worry about how it fits.

To look like I did 7 years ago when I was 18, I love looking at those pictures!!

Looking in the mirror and actually liking what I see..

I could go on and on :)

I want to be able to wear low cut knickers instead of big belly warmers I have to tuck my 'roll' into.

I want to not get the talk about being over weight next time I get my pill.

Most importantly for me I want new people who I meet to never know I was fat unless I tell them.

Last edited:
I went on holiday recently & the only swimsuit I could get was an ugly & frumpy one piece that ordinarily I wouldn't have touched with a barge pole. On my last holiday 3 years ago I was in a bikini so the swimsuit really brought home to me how much weight I've gained. Took my kids to a water park & felt like a hippo bobbing about in the rubber rings. When we went down some of the slides together, despite me being half a foot shorter than my kids, I wasn't allowed to sit at the front because of my weight. I laughed it off at the time but the reality is I was very self conscious about being fat & I was embarrassed. We're going back to the same place in August 2012 so when I reach target I am looking forward to buying some bikinis & not feeling like a hippo at the water park! :mermaid:

To just feel fab on a night out, and not hide in a corner, but actually get on the dancefloor and strut my stuff...in killer heels and hotpants ;)

I look forward to

1. Being able to wear leggings with a nice pair of Uggs (i Know they are not every bodies cup of tea ;) )

2. Wearing dresses ( I have never worn a dress my whole adult life)

3. Feeling confident and comfy in my own skin

4. Feeling comfortable to take my kids swimming

5. having more energy

6. Oh and actually being able to buy clothes in primark I know that might sound weird wanting to buy cheap rubbish but I can't wait!!!!

Last edited:
I love Primark too! I love their summer dresses and would love to buy some one day.
I can't wait till the Facebook pictures that were uploaded this past weekend are my 'before' pictures.

Back