When should you move up the plans

Samnddud

Can someone please advise me as I am getting conflicting information.

My understanding was that you could ss and ss+ until your bmi hit 25. Then you had to move up to 810 till you reached your goal weight but your bmi does not go under 20.

Last night my CDC advised I could ss+ until I reached my goal weight- even if my bmi went under 25.

Can anyone give me a definite answer on this as I want to do this the right way?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's good- Thanks for that.

My only concern really was that o reD somewhere that you needed to increase your calories when you hit bmi 25 to ensure you didn't deplete muscle mass but if it's ok for me to continue to bmi 23/22 then that's good.

Thanks for the reply. I do think they should make it clearer on the website though- or even update a sticky thread in the facts section- being fairly new to this marlarky I wouldn't know where to start!!

I am under the impression that you can only SS until you reach a BMI of 25, then you have to move up to the 810 plan.....that's what my CDC advised anyway.
Not only does your body start using lean muscle tissue if it doesn't have enough fat to burn, but also, if you SS to goal, then how are you going to start introducing other foods without losing more weight?
The idea of moving up the plans is so that you start eating eating normal food, whilst still losing weight finally ending up stabilising on a plan that has you eating all the food groups again.
It might be worth you going onto the official Cambridge forum for some advice as I know there are several CDC on there......I think they will tell you something similar.
I think you have been badly advised to be honest and that's not good.

Thanks for the post lentil, and in keeping with what I originally thought!!

Your right about going on the official forum- there seems to be so much contrary advise out there I could do with knowing what the official stance is on this.

Thanks again!

mine says you can ss to the end but i didn't want to i found i was ready to move up. plus i'm moving up ready for my hols

Back