When the going gets tough.....the tough get slimmer

caved in to the scales this morning and weighed myself.........have gained 3lbs so far :(

Can't see me getting back to it now til jan so am bowing out to give my brain a break so i can come back with full motivation in the ne year! am definately looking forward to it. Hopefully won't do too much damage in the next 10 days but if i do at least i know i can do something about it :)

I think most people are struggling right now, I know I am. You have got a great attitude for January, I am also really looking forward to getting stuck into the new year and shifting the pounds. Just enjoy this festive period hun :) xxx

You'll get any gain off in no time :)

Been shopping this morning for things for myself and it was much more fun than buying for other people.........strange that!!! :D

also got myself in the mood for my holiday by buying a t shirt with elvis on the front in a size 8!!!!!!!!!! Yes you read that correctly an 8!!!! I'm pretty sure it's just a dodgy sizing fluke but i really don't care:p i've never worn an 8 in my life!

So much happier now and not in the slightest bit concerned bout any gain i may or may not face in the new year! Gonna try my best to enjoy myself for the next week even though i'm still not feeling the xmas 'spirit' but i'll give it my best shot!
This weekend is gonna be a big challenge in the not drinking department but each time i feel myself begin to cave i just think bout the hangover and it puts me straight back on the straight and narrow :)

Enjoy your christmas and stay strong on the drinking thing! You can do it!

Size 8!!!! Amazing!!!!! That must feel fantastic.

When the going gets tough (ahem) then just think of the empty calories in the alcohol and the thumping headache and churning stomach the next day. I know you can do this hun, and once you have Christmas and New year under your belt you can do anything! :)

Feeling really down right now cos i know i've got a mad busy long weekend ahead of me while everyone else is relaxing and enjoying themsleves! literally want to finish work each night and go to bed ready for the next shift :(

It is helping with staying off the booze as each time i tell myself it's ok to indulge alittle i remember i've got work the next day and it puts me right off ;) cannot cope feeling rough when it's gonna be busy need to have my head on big time!!!!!

Such fun xx

Ps squeezy did you see george michael on the news earlier? bless him he looked poorly but at least he's on the mend!! hope i'm right that you are the george michael fan otherwise, why would you care hahahaha :D

Aww hun. Maybe plan to buy yourself a nice treat for when you're next off work or a spa day or something? Might cheer you up :)

I am most definitley the George Michael fan! I did see him on the news. I can't believe just how ill he has been. Bless him, thank god he is on the mend and home for Christmas, that will surely aid his recovery.

Sorry you're feeling so down. I really don't know what to say other than make some time for yourself if you can. Just keep focusing on your wonderful holiday, and that fantastic size 8 T shirt!! :D

Lot's of love xx

I am feeling much better now! Xmas eve shift is over and wasn't too bad despite my sinuses aching :( just chilling out now before i go and enjoy a few soft (!) drinks with friends then early to bed to wait for santa......................or my next shift whichever comes first ;)

It's scary when someone you idolise is ill isn't it but looks like he's over the worst!! I'm a HUGE stephen gately fan and when he passed away i was devastated beyond belief but not a lot of people understood why. it's a powereful thing being a true fan i guess!!!

Anyway hope you all have a fabulous day tomorrow as i doubt i will have time to get online xx

I get exactly what you mean about being a fan.

Have a wonderful Christmas hun. Chill out and enjoy yourself. Lot's of love :)

Well thats that over and done with for another year!!! I'm making a pledge to myself and my family that i WILL NOT be working in that blasted pub this time next year and i WILL do xmas properly with the enthusiasm i used to have!!!!!!!! And if there is anyone up ther listening i'll send that out as a prayer just in case :D

Had an ok day dinner was delicious but didn't go over board, did have half a glass of pink champagne as a treat but stopped after that, back to the diet coke so am not classing it as falling off the wagon.......so there ;) back to my angelic ways today and as it's just monday in my world i'm back to counting my cals. Nice to be back in control after what feels like forever off track. gonna get a head start on my new years 'diet' cos the only thing going on this week is NYE and there's no need to overindulge that day really!! Gotta fit into my trapeze artist costume anyway ;)

Happy boxing day all xx

You're doing really well :) Yeah, New Year's is gonna be fine if you're not drinking. Good luck getting back on track!

had a crappy day yesterday :( woke up with inflamed sinuses again so my entire head/face hurt like a brotherpucker and to help matters it was really busy and loud at work so was a little grumpy!!!!

Have now got an annoying tickly cough to add to the head ache so.....yay! lucky me ;) Oh well it's kind of normality for me so onwards i plod.

Another afternoon at work for me today but will probably be quieter as everyone over indulged yesterday but i ain't counting my chickens yet as you never know!

have updated MFP to reflect my new stats and goals and will get back to recording EVERYTHING i eat on 1st jan once all the rubbish food has gone- No excuses!!!!!! Only really need to lose 1lb, if that, a week to get to my goal this year so no need to go mad just slow and steady!!!

Brilliant! You'll get there!

Big well done for keeping up the booze hun. If you can manage it at Christmas there will be no stopping you now!!! Amazing!!! :)

work was much better yesterday, just busy enough to stop me boredom eating anyway :)

Went for an indian with my family last night , last chance to see my elder brother before he goes home! he only visits at christmas really and this year i barely got to see him cos of working all the time which is rather annoying :( Anyway didn't eat too much but wasn't the best choices.........oh well back to it monday and really can't wait :D

Had a proper stressed day today with no help from my boss again because he was drunk at passed out!!!!! It was his b'day but he's like that most days!!! If i turned up to work drunk i'm guessing i wouldn't have a job for long.

a drunken moron spilt an entire pint over the bar and floor and while i was serving 3 other people and cleaning up his mess he decided to shout repeatedly that he wants another drink!!! so i told him he'd have to wait as he can't keep his beer in the glass i don't think he should have any more (well within my rights) so he had a complete go at me and got really aggressive!!! now i'm worried over reacted as no one stuck up for me but i don't see why i should be spoken to like crap because people can't handle their drink :(

Anyway i just ate 4 slices of pizza, 2 slices garlic bread and spicy wedges which didn't make me feel any better in the long run! Oh well roll on sunday 1st jan........new week, month and year.............things can only get better, can't they??

Sounds like you were right! What an idiot!

Back