When the scales say Err!

This might be TMI- 'specially if you're a bloke

Day 6 today. had some hunger pangs and rumbly tummy but they soon pass. I'm using them as a trigger/reminder to do my pelvic floor exercises :p

Two kids and years of carrying too much weight have taken their toll on my pelvic floor. So each time I feel a hunger pain I clench and hold!!!:eek:

Dusty67 said:
Thanks Twinkle. I've spent lots of time on here too! I see we started around the same time, so good to find someone at the same stage of the journey.

Proud of myself is the last thing that I feel. After all, who wouldn't be ashamed that they can't control their eating even when they are morbidly obese. I'm so ashamed that I let myself get into this state and I'm certainly only telling the people I trust the most that I'm doing LT. Everyone else always has such "good" advice to give..."Oh, all you have to do is eat less"...."all you have to do is exercise more......all you have to do is eat healthier". Well I've tried all of them and they don't work!

Or there are those who are keen to point out that VLCD are unnatural/dangerous, or that you put all the weight back on because you don't learn new habits. Well no sh*t Sherlock. Its because I didn't learn new habits was I was eating less, exercising more and eating healthily that Im in this mess. This ti,e I will learn to control myself by proving I don't have to eat to live a good, fun and interesting life!!

Phew..sorry for the rant...good to get that off my chest!

I totally get you hun.My first time round with LT was May last year and I was morbidly obese too.I'm 5ft 2 and weighed 14 stone 6 when I began and like you was being given 'good' advice.It's not so easy when you're actually in the situation yourself though.I told very few people last time that I was on this and they nagged at me big time,so this time only my OH and a friend know.
Keep your chin up hunny xxx

Weigh in tomorrow!

Getting quite excited because I'll be going for my first weigh in tomorrow.

But I'm also a bit apprehensive as I can only go in the evening after work and I tend to weigh heavier in the evening than I do in the morning. Had my first weigh in at lunchtime as I was off work last week.

So maybe my weight lost wont be as great as some of the other posters on this site and then I'll feel rubbish and then sabotage myself!

Hoping to go around 5 o'clock, so I"ll post my loss as soon as I get home. wish me luck :cross:

Getting quite excited because I'll be going for my first weigh in tomorrow.

But I'm also a bit apprehensive as I can only go in the evening after work and I tend to weigh heavier in the evening than I do in the morning. Had my first weigh in at lunchtime as I was off work last week.

So maybe my weight lost wont be as great as some of the other posters on this site and then I'll feel rubbish and then sabotage myself!

Hoping to go around 5 o'clock, so I"ll post my loss as soon as I get home. wish me luck :cross:

Dusty, don't feel like that everyone weighs there heaviest in the evening I am sure what ever your weight loss it will be great!! :D Everybody looses different amounts becasue of their weight/ height / matobolism so please dont sabotage yourself if its not what you hoped becasue im sure your doing great keep positive :D:D:D

Ahh, that's because mine's spelt the Welsh way with a 'y' ;) I also have 2 children :) Are yours boys/girls? I have 2 boys aged 11 and 8 :)

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow. I'm looking forward to mine, but have a feeling it won't be as much as in previous first weeks as I'm sure I didn't carb load when I came off TFR the last time earlier this year. Still, should be decent though :) Please don't sabotage if you don't get the numbers you want. It will still be good whatever, as weight off is weight off ;)

Have had a few hunger pangs myself today. Odd :-/

Catch up with you tomorrow :) xx

Good luck both of you with your weigh ins. Make sure you let us know how you get on.

Thanks for all the encouragement. Got over my wobble now. think its TOM coming up and upsetting my hormones! Plus first day bak at work since Christmas and I've found it a bit harder finding time to get water in and avoiding temptation. You know what its like, everyone brings in the last of their tins of sweets/mincepies/christmas cake to be finished of by everyone! Had my first serious craving, over a mincepie of all things, today so first time I thought I might fall off the wagon :badmood:

Anyway teatime over with, think i'll have an early night. I'm almost as excited about weigh in tomorrow as I used to get over Christmas!

Jayne, I have two boys too with a 3year gap between them. How spooky! But mine are 13 and 16 and now both 6ft 4" tall each, so not little anymore :cry:

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!!

I was so hungry before i had to go to bed! just hope that i can sleep tonight!!

let us know how you's get on!! xxxx

Had an early night last night. Feeling much more positive this morning, even managed to walk the dog before work today :D. Looking forward to weigh in tonight.

Well, had a fantastic result at the chemist today...... 16lb off in first week. :bliss

Was sooooooooooo pleased! That means I've missed the 23s and gone into the 22s. Hopefully I'll be out of them in three weeks.

Certainly gives you the willpower to carry on.

Thank you all for your encouragement this week. Onwards and downwards (well the scale at least)

Dusty

Well, had a fantastic result at the chemist today...... 16lb off in first week. :bliss

Was sooooooooooo pleased! That means I've missed the 23s and gone into the 22s. Hopefully I'll be out of them in three weeks.

Certainly gives you the willpower to carry on.

Thank you all for your encouragement this week. Onwards and downwards (well the scale at least)

Dusty

That is a fantastic weight loss congrats :D:D:D

Congratulations!!!! That's amazing!!!! Well-deserved. Onwards and downwards.....Good luck with week 2 - you are going to do great on this plan!

Well done Dusty!!!Mega congrats hun :D x

Awesome.........wicked....fanbloomingtastic :happy096: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: onwards and downwards sweety x

That is fantastic. Congratulations you really deserve it.

OMG! That is AWESOME :D Huge well done. You must be over the moon! So pleased for you :D Bring on week 2 :) xx

OMG! That is AWESOME :D Huge well done. You must be over the moon! So pleased for you :D Bring on week 2 :) xx

Thanks Jayne I am absolutely thrilled. It would have taken me best part 10 weeks to lose that at SW or WW (because I cheat/bend the rules so much).

The support of this forum and regular posters, like you, make it easier to stay on the straight and narrow when I'm having wobbles.

Dusty

Goal setting!

So, yesterday's great loss has spurred me on and I'm thinking about setting goals!
This is quite hard for me on several counts. First, cos my weight has fluctuated by about 3 stone over the past three years, so I hate setting a goal thats higher than my lowest weight in this time. But, setting a goal to lose three stone is not a short term acheivable goal and I worry that I'll get disheartened.:(

I don't want to set one related to how many weeks I've stayed 100%, because if I thought about how long I might have to stay on LT, then that would be an insurmountable obstacle :sigh:

Similarly, I thought about setting clothing related goals. But because I'm so tall to drop a dress size means losing 20lbs. So that's another longer term goal. Plus, from experience, Im so pear shaped that even losing 3 stone won't change the size of tousers I wear :cry::cry:

So, I've decided to set goals based on my lightest weight in recent years. Getting to below 23stone is the lightest I've been this year (well since Decemebr really, but bear with me!). Once I get below 22 stone, I'll be the lightest I was in 2011. Once I get below 21 stone, I'll be th e lightest I was in 2010. And once I get below 20 stone I'll be the lightest I've been this decade!!:eek::eek:

Those goals will do for now, but thinking ahead....Once I get below 19st I'll be the lightest I've been in my curent job (I've worked here since 2006) and once I get below 18 stone I'll be the lightest I've been this CENTURY!!!!!

Wish me luck

Dusty

Well done chick on ur brilliant loss so far n brilliant idea about setting mini goals! It does work as I try to do that as well. I just take each day at a time n look forward to my mini goals so I can tick them off my list! It does work.
X

Back