When the scales say Err!

Im sure your dad is so proud of you whatever weight you are and he will be as proud of you now I lost my dad when I was 15 and not a day goes by I dont about him and I think he is sending me fairy weight loss dust and im sure your dad is too my lovely x

Thanks Tweezer. My dad was amazing and I miss him every day too!

I know he was very proud of me because he told me so! Yesterday i was having a really down day. I felt rubbish and was very grumpy all day. I bit my poor hubby's head off everytime he opened his mouth.

We have "date" night every Wednesday where we go to the pub. But i ended up telling him I wanted to go home after we'd only been there half an hour last night. So i just came home and went to bed!

Fortunately I feel loads better today!:D

Ah Hun .. That's a lovely pic ... As you said he was so proud of you .. I'd imagine he only wanted you to lose weigh so you could be as happy as possible and be around for your kids!

It's a lovely thing to dedicate your journey to him .. And i believe he can 100% see what you are achieving! It's nice to think even when he is not here anymore he can still spur you on! X

Thanks Becky.

I was having a proper down day yesterday, feeling low. But today I'm feling much better and know i will do it!

Good to hear hun that you are happier today.. We all get those and I know what you mean they are had to shake and even though you know your bring a nark you can't stop! Only happens me at work TG I have been ok at home!

My hubby had said though this time I'm not as moody cause last time on LT he couldn't seem to do right i was a weed!

I was having a wobble last night cause we are going to a christening at the weekend and I said maybe id eat at it and he instantly said do not cause you know you will be depressed after and that could spark completely falling off the wagon .. he is right! I don't enjoy admitting that too often hehe!

Just wanted to say... look how successful you have been in your life and marriage.... You are doing fantastic & your dad would be so proud of this achievement now as much as the others.....as I`m sure you already know... Btw hun, what a brilliant idea about your "date nights" I know you wasnt in the best mood, but sure is a fab idea for keeping the romance and spark alive...;) Keep doing as brill as you are hun, big well done on your amazing weight losses... :D Love to you L xxxx

I was having a wobble last night cause we are going to a christening at the weekend and I said maybe id eat at it and he instantly said do not cause you know you will be depressed after and that could spark completely falling off the wagon .. he is right! I don't enjoy admitting that too often hehe!

Sounds like you've got a good one there!

Re the Christening, you've got to think which is more important....having something to eat now or getting to goal weight quicker?

I'd try to avoid telling anyone you're not eating as they then see it as carte blanch to try and get you to eat! Don't know why they do that it's so annoying.:mad::mad:

Friend of mine says that what she does at a buffet is take a small plate of food, circulate holding the plate and then put your napkin over the food and leave the eplate with everyone elses casts off. She says she done this numerous times and never been rumbled yet. Generally people are too busy eating themselves to notice you haven't!

Dusty

Just wanted to say... look how successful you have been in your life and marriage.... You are doing fantastic & your dad would be so proud of this achievement now as much as the others.....as I`m sure you already know... Btw hun, what a brilliant idea about your "date nights" I know you wasnt in the best mood, but sure is a fab idea for keeping the romance and spark alive...;) Keep doing as brill as you are hun, big well done on your amazing weight losses... :D Love to you L xxxx

Thanks soo much.

We started date night about 9 years ago. I was in a very stressful job, my boss was an autocratic bully! I was working 70 hours in the week, and catching up with stuff at home at the weekend. A few other things were going on and our marriage was def heading towards the rocks.
Mum started having the boys to stay over on a Wednesday night and at first i was using this time to do even more work. Then I stood back and realised what was happening, so that's how date night started! And it changed our marriage.

Wednesday night is now sacred and nothing else happens then. Even at work, they know not to put anything in the diary for later than 6pm on a Wednesday cos I'm not available!

And after 21 years our marriage is stronger than ever!

Love it hun! I will defo be keeping that gem if I ever re~marry so ty xxx

or like me just wanting to beat men with a stick :D

Oh yeah I can think of one man in particular..he`s out of my life now I hope, but stick to the ready should he turn up like the preverbial lost sheep :rolleyes:
Lol xx

Date night is a great idea :) We don't do that, but I have been with my hubby for 20 years, and married for 12 this year. All going well. We are very lucky :D xx

We've been together 26 years and married 22! In my defence, I would like to say that I was a child bride (well 22!) and I'm not ancient!

the problem I had with my X's date night it usually involved him dating someone else :D but gives me hope there is decent men out there just need to find these rare gems lol

Well the LT is going well for me. Faced a BIG test today.

To my eternal shame, I've raised a Train Spotter! My eldest son is really into trains. It stems from all the time he spent with my dad when he was little. He loved trains and JCBs, so my dad used to take him every where he could to see them, including rail tours . The they both got into model railway building, joining a club and building a 15ft long layout (Don't call it a railway set Mother!) in my dad's cellar!

Any how, his passion for train spotting means he likes to go places away from home to spot trains that don't run on the West coast. Hence we make regular trips across country for him. Today we took him to Doncaster (70 miles away). When we've been there in the past, we get there about 9am, head to McDonalds for breakfast. The he goes off spotting whilst we kill as much time as possible walking round Doncaster. This involves at least three stops in coffee shops, with muffins etc on the side.

So today, having been forced out of my bed at 7:30, i found myself in McD surrounded by people eating sausage and egg mcmuffins and hash browns. Now i can take or leave McD burgers, but their breakfast muffins I could kill for! I was worried how I'd get on, but you know I found it ok.

Rather than focus on the fact that I couldn't eat the mcd and feeling sorry for myself, I focused on how strong I was being and how actually I didn't want to spoil what I'd achieved by eating the mcmuffin! And so, I actually felt pleased I wasn't eating.

I've managed to keep this up in the two coffee places we went into as well. So instead of feeling down, I feel great! Mind you the new necklace and ear-rings i treated myself to from the Bulter and Wilson shop all helped with the feeling good sensation. ;)

the problem I had with my X's date night it usually involved him dating someone else :D but gives me hope there is decent men out there just need to find these rare gems lol

Just think Tweeza, when you've finished on LT you'll feel so strong and confident that you'll never put up with bullsh*t again!

Dusty67 said:
Well the LT is going well for me. Faced a BIG test today.

To my eternal shame, I've raised a Train Spotter! My eldest son is really into trains. It stems from all the time he spent with my dad when he was little. He loved trains and JCBs, so my dad used to take him every where he could to see them, including rail tours . The they both got into model railway building, joining a club and building a 15ft long layout (Don't call it a railway set Mother!) in my dad's cellar!

Any how, his passion for train spotting means he likes to go places away from home to spot trains that don't run on the West coast. Hence we make regular trips across country for him. Today we took him to Doncaster (70 miles away). When we've been there in the past, we get there about 9am, head to McDonalds for breakfast. The he goes off spotting whilst we kill as much time as possible walking round Doncaster. This involves at least three stops in coffee shops, with muffins etc on the side.

So today, having been forced out of my bed at 7:30, i found myself in McD surrounded by people eating sausage and egg mcmuffins and hash browns. Now i can take or leave McD burgers, but their breakfast muffins I could kill for! I was worried how I'd get on, but you know I found it ok.

Rather than focus on the fact that I couldn't eat the mcd and feeling sorry for myself, I focused on how strong I was being and how actually I didn't want to spoil what I'd achieved by eating the mcmuffin! And so, I actually felt pleased I wasn't eating.

I've managed to keep this up in the two coffee places we went into as well. So instead of feeling down, I feel great! Mind you the new necklace and ear-rings i treated myself to from the Bulter and Wilson shop all helped with the feeling good sensation. ;)

Hey hun,a huge well done for coping with MD's and the coffee shops.I do love your determination hunny,you're doing fab. Xx

:banana dancer: mind you dont get a black eye with your new necklace. Your stronger than me Im steering well clear of any places that sells food

Back