When the scales say Err!

Dusty67 said:
Well, I've lost 2lb this week! Actually it was 1.1kg which in my reckoning is nearly 2.5lb, but I'm happy to have 2 written on my card.
I would have liked more, but it is what it is! The only thing I could have done different is drink more water, as I've not been drinking that much this week. So i'll up my intake and hope for more next week, cos if I can get 4lb off next week, that would be 2 stone in four weeks!

Just keeping swimming!

Well done hunny,don't be disappointed with 2lbs as the fact is you are now 2lbs lighter than you were last week and you've done so well xxx

Well done hunni x

Deffo up the water...think that was my problem this week but im feeling so full after the shakes its a bit difficult (who wouldve thought id be saying THAT on day 1 lol)

Good luck for your 4 this week, unbelievable losses so far in only 3 weeks, you should be very proud of yourself!x

Isn't it daft any other diet and we'd be delighted with a 2lb weight loss. I've found the weeks I've lost 2lbs I've ususally had a good weight loss the following week. Keep up the good work - you've doing really well.

well done Dusty on your FAB loss thats 2lbs of crappy fat that you will never see again if you took 2lbs of lard and smeared it on and know that is what has come off your body its a BLOODY good achievment have you taken measurements as sometimes when the scale show a lower loss than you would like then go to measuring tape and I bet thats where the biggest loss is.

well done my lassie proud of you

Thanks everyone!

You're right about feeling slimmer Tweeza! I wouldn't measure my self as that is instant depression, but my clothes are feeling a lot looser! Not in danger of falling down or anything, but def bigger round the tummy!

Roll on next week!

Yay! Well done Dusty :D Your 3 week total loss is AMAZING! Look, you've lost 7.44% of your total body weight as well - in just 3 weeks. Fab! Will soon be at 10% and have improved health risks lots :) I don't think I'll ever have your sort of losses as my body just doesn't work that way. Wonder if we will follow similar pattern though, as we have both had a slower week 3. Wonder what next week will bring? Half a stone for you and fingers crossed 3-4lb for me :D

Keep swimming! :D

xx

Glad today's nearly over!

I'm feeling like the biggest heel in the world at the moment.

I've had to make a very difficult decision over a member of staff this week. I've not sacked them or anything like that, but I knew they wouldn't be happy and would take it as a massive slight. I've lost sleep thinking about my decision all week, but ultimately, i know that whilst this staff member wont be happy it's the best decision for the organisation.

So yesterday, when I'd finally made the decision I felt a weight had been lifted of my shoulders because I knew what I had to do. But of course, today I had to inform the member of staff! And as I thought, they were upset about it. So right now, even though I know I had no other choice, and I've avoided about 30 others having a second rate expereince due to this staff member, I feel like a right cow!

I'm in the middle of cooking tea and what I've noticed is that every time I think about work and how bad I feel, I find myself automatically thinking "Oh I'll just have a piece/slice/bit of that"
In fact a couple of times I found myself staring into an open cupboard or fridge before coming to my senses!

Isn't it amazing the way our associations between food and stress are so strong!

Oh boy Dusty it really is horrible when you have to do something like that but you have thought about it so hard and you know you have done the right thing. Big well done for not turning to food - it is such an automatic reaction. You should be so proud of yourself for that. x

read my diary for long winded reply but you done what you had to do for the benefit of 30 others it was not you being a cow or singling out someone for the hell of it so no more feeling bad you dont have a bad bone in your body you give so much support to everyone on here and I bet at your work as well, might make this person realise they have to do better as a right cow would have sacked them and not lost any sleep chin up lovie xx

Don't fret too much Dusty .. Work is not life it's not all you are .. Just remember these things have to be done its not personal .. Defo I feel like after long days at work I crave a takeaway .. For a bit of comfort .. Evil food .. It's a very controlling substance!

Well done on staying 100% through the stress! X

I know how you feel hun but you've done it for the best and work certainly does not help with the temptations of food xxx

Wow, Dusty. I've loved reading this thread and identify with many things you've said about life and food. I can't believe how often I used to eat mindlessly when cooking.

I'm two weeks ahead of you on another vlcd. So we'll be here for much of this year in the shedding shed loads of weight phase. I do see this as a time to learn some good habits, and understand more about what things trigger me.

You've also got some awesome people posting here. I'm inspired by the great successes many have already achieved. And like Peach Pip, I love to swim - just havent felt confident to do much open water swimming - I usually swim a bit in the Wash off the North Norfolk coast, but last summer was so poor, I didn't swim a lot.

Hope you feel better about making the right decision,

Ali

Dusty your doing brilliantly and have made the right decision at work... its always tough having to make these kind of decisions, but you know its for the greater good hunny as you say. I find myslef with my head in the cupboard and fridge a zillion times a day.. its such a constant battle.. but I try to keep telling myself, no food tastes as good as being slim feels.... and also this diet`s not forever. Your doing great... pls dont turn to food again for comfort... find comfort in knowing you`ve made the right decision.. and this staff member will hopefully grow and improve as we all need a kick up the jacksy at times to make us see where we are going wrong, and while it wasn`t nice for you.. it shows you have a heart and feel for folk.. Have a lovely day xxxx

Thanks everyone. I had to explain what I'd done to the person who reports directly to the member of staff today. They said they thought the person was on the verge of going under again (he's just had 9 weeks off with anxiety and been back two) so she's really pleased I've moved him to a less stressful job. So I'm much happier today.

Thanks to all your brilliant support I did not cave last night:D:D although I did come close. Anyway, its the weekend now, so time to put work out of my mind. Well until sunday afternoon when I've got paperwork to catch up on and stuff to prepare for Monday morning:sigh:

good was thinking about you today glad it went ok and good on you for not giving in I didnt think you would anyways your no quitter

Glad you're feeling happier today. Enjoy your weekend.x

Have a great weekend chick and come tomorrow.... don`t work too hard! :rolleyes: lol xxx

Hello dusty and what are you doing today anything exciting? Im living on the wild side today going to pictures if I can get past the hot dog stand without drooling like a rabid dog :drool:

Back