When the scales say Err!

Hi Tweeza,

been out with mum today. it's her birthday and she wanted a new jumper. Trouble is the stuff she thinks in nice and the stuff i think is nice are poles apart! So, I took her to choose her own. Any way she ended up with a nice stripy blue jersey top with a navy fleece gillete (sp?) and then a nice navy lacy type jumper and I got her a red and a cream cowl neck tops to go underneath. And all in the sale too! So a good buy and she's happy too.

What you going to watch in the cinema? Four of us went form work the other day to watch the girl with the dragon tattoo. i don't normally enjoy film versions of books I've read, but this was ok once it had got past THAT scene (if you've read the book you know what I mean).

Stay strong sister!!

afternoon sister just leaving to go see dragon tattoo and iv not read the book so tell me what scene is it gruesome or a wee bit racey :p
I could not take my mum shopping she takes hours and goes back to the first thing she seen many a shopping trip where Iv left the old bugger on her own as she goes thro every rack one by one :cry:
what you doing later on hows ur day you swimming ok or fighting the waves i find Sat a funny day miss my wee glass of vodka

I'm doing fine. Just back from second round of visits to mum. took the boys to see her as they hadn't come this morning when I took her shopping. Youngest stops there on a Saturday night then does all her outdoor jobs on a Sunday- cleaning up the dog poop from the garden, putting the bins out etc!.
So I've left him there and now cooking tea for husband and eldest. Of course they are having two different things- do you every feel like you're running a cafe? There's bugger all on the telly tonight, so I'll be on and off here all night I expect.
Enjoy the film

Good morning my lovely hope all is well with you and work is ok, how was your weekend was it a good one for you and your family x

Morning sis!

I'm having good day at work. Just having my morning break with cuppa tea! Monday mornings are always dead busy, managing any absences (though they aren't often thanks goodness), setting up any jobs that need to be completed this week, dealing with all the social care issues that will have arisen over the weekend. Once I've done all them, i can get on with my main job!

Yesterday was a good day for me. Did 45 mins solid swimming, had steam, sauna then 10 mins more swimming and then more steam room. Looked like a lobster when I'd finished, but got off loads of dead skin cells (sorry for bad visual image) and felt glowing afterwards. Tryin to make sure I get good skin care routine established so I can minimise the "sagging". I'm good at moisturising my face but rubbishe with rest of me. There's so much of me, its such a chore! But got loads of good stuff for Christmas, so must make more of an effort!

go you with the exercise im still at the thinking about it stage :D your right to start it as im sure you will minimise saggy skin that is what worries me the most been watching 10 years younger and there was a woman who lost 12 stone and she was left with folds of the stuff, it was not nice so I guess im going to have to start some sort of exercise regime, does thinking about it count :p

Hi Dusty :) Sounds like you've had a bit of a stressful time, but glad the decision you made turned out to be the right one.

Saggy skin - my worry too! Not sure there's an awful lot you can do. Even with exercise and moisturising I think genetics come into play a lot here. However, I'm going to do all I can to try and minimise it. I already do the exercise (always have, regardless of weight), but I did start all over body moisturising about 18 months ago, and it's habit now, and my skin doesn't feel right if I don't. I could never be bothered before, and only ever did my face. I know what you mean - it's a bit of a chore! I use Sanctuary spray oil (which is very light and easily absorbed) to do my back, and then Sanctuary body butter, or whatever else I may fancy, over the rest of me. Feel quite pampered afterwards :)

Good luck for weigh in today :) xx

Hi chick,
I`ve started moisturising my body now it doesnt take so long and use up sooo much cream lol... :rolleyes: Its ironic how we all use creams for our face cos were frightened of looking old and haggard but we dont look after our bodies as well.... well now we are going to have something we will be much more proud of we can start to care for it eh. I agree that it makes you feel pampered and sooo much better... Hope your doing well hunny... take care xxxx

Hi Dusty :) Sounds like you've had a bit of a stressful time, but glad the decision you made turned out to be the right one.

Saggy skin - my worry too! Not sure there's an awful lot you can do. Even with exercise and moisturising I think genetics come into play a lot here. However, I'm going to do all I can to try and minimise it. I already do the exercise (always have, regardless of weight), but I did start all over body moisturising about 18 months ago, and it's habit now, and my skin doesn't feel right if I don't. I could never be bothered before, and only ever did my face. I know what you mean - it's a bit of a chore! I use Sanctuary spray oil (which is very light and easily absorbed) to do my back, and then Sanctuary body butter, or whatever else I may fancy, over the rest of me. Feel quite pampered afterwards :)

Good luck for weigh in today :) xx

Thanks Jayne.
I'm findng it even hard to fit in a moisturing routine at the moment whilst its soo cold in the morning. My husband is a complete tight a**e when it comes to the heating and wont put it on in the morning. That means its a quick dash to the bathroom with my clothes. Put the shower on to warm up, jump in the shower and then get dried and dressed in quickly in the bathroom whilst there's some residual heat from the shower!!! Roll on the warmer mornings!!

Hi chick,
I`ve started moisturising my body now it doesnt take so long and use up sooo much cream lol... :rolleyes: Its ironic how we all use creams for our face cos were frightened of looking old and haggard but we dont look after our bodies as well.... well now we are going to have something we will be much more proud of we can start to care for it eh. I agree that it makes you feel pampered and sooo much better... Hope your doing well hunny... take care xxxx

Thanks Lou.
I'm getting my legs waxed this weekend then I might feel better about rubbing lotion in then ;) Once I've learned how to progrma th eboiler so we can have heat in the monrings that is. My eldest complained that he had to get dressed under the covers it was that cold yesterday morning. Takes me back to my childhood with us all huddled round the coal fire waiting for it to take! It was bliss when my dad swapped us to a gas fire before anyone else on the estate. Mum used to warm our clothes up on the fire guard then bring them up to us whilst we were still in our beds! Wonder how he would have coped with an outside toilet till the age of 13 like I had too?? and I'm only 44 before any one starts calling me ancient!!!

Thanks Lou.
I'm getting my legs waxed this weekend then I might feel better about rubbing lotion in then ;) Once I've learned how to progrma th eboiler so we can have heat in the monrings that is. My eldest complained that he had to get dressed under the covers it was that cold yesterday morning. Takes me back to my childhood with us all huddled round the coal fire waiting for it to take! It was bliss when my dad swapped us to a gas fire before anyone else on the estate. Mum used to warm our clothes up on the fire guard then bring them up to us whilst we were still in our beds! Wonder how he would have coped with an outside toilet till the age of 13 like I had too?? and I'm only 44 before any one starts calling me ancient!!!
Ha ha ha love it.... your same age as me and I remember my nans outside loo complete with Izal loo roll.... OUCH!!
Ahhh those were the days eh... I remember huddling in front of our gas fire and going to bed with an old fashioned hot water bottle.... and getting up in the morning well.... going to the loo was an experience as it was just as freezing inside as it was out... I remember sitting on the Loo blowing my breath out and watching it spiral about... sooo cccoooolllld in that house. But then again I only had central heating fitted in this house in 2001 ! Goodness only knows how I managed before that, I remember Ice forming on the inside of the windows before I had double glazing and central heating out in lol.... I am soo nesh these days could not survive now without it...
I cant tolerate having my legs waxed as they are so sensitive/painful due too swelling and varicose veins :(.
Got awful legs, in fact going to have a chat to my doc about the veins see if he can do anything. They are a sight for someone my age!!:eek:
You enjoy and get ready to smother yourself lol xxxx tc babes xxx

Well done Sister your a weight loss queen:D so proud of you lovie, will catch up with you later off to bed toothache bloody root canal :cry:
Your a looser baby (in a bloody good way)

Yeah!!! Just out of weigh in and four off this week. That makes two stone one pound in just four weeks!!

Roll on stone three

Ooops! Not bragging honest! Just thought first post hadnt got through. Blast you new technology iPhone!!

I'm just a ludite at heart

Well done Sister your a weight loss queen:D so proud of you lovie, will catch up with you later off to bed toothache bloody root canal :cry:
Your a looser baby (in a bloody good way)

Aww poor Tweeza! :sigh2:

Toothache is the worst. There's just no getting away from it is there? And nothing you can do to make yourself fell better!
Big hug to you x

Ha ha ha love it.... your same age as me and I remember my nans outside loo complete with Izal loo roll.... OUCH!!

Double ouch! My gran had Izal too and I remember us having it in the school toilets!! These young uns today don't know they're born;)

Thanks for the encouraging words.

dusty x

Yea, Dusty! At this rate, you'll overtake me. I am really really thrilled to have shed 2 stone+ forever in 45 days. Isn't fab that this stuff really works?

I am still best friends with the nearest toilet as the water still goes staright through. I'm able to get back into a jacket that makes me feel really good, and am getting rid of some 28s and 26s. Some 26 trews are dangerous to wear as the no longer sit at my waist so I trip over the hems.

Funny thing is that although I felt the initial weightloss 3 weeks in, I havent felt any different even tho' I can see I have lost weight by how my clothes fit and the scales. Yet if i was carrying the weight in carrier bags, I'd not be happy.

Have a great week,

Ali

Yea, Dusty! At this rate, you'll overtake me. I am really really thrilled to have shed 2 stone+ forever in 45 days. Isn't fab that this stuff really works?

I am still best friends with the nearest toilet as the water still goes staright through. I'm able to get back into a jacket that makes me feel really good, and am getting rid of some 28s and 26s. Some 26 trews are dangerous to wear as the no longer sit at my waist so I trip over the hems.

Funny thing is that although I felt the initial weightloss 3 weeks in, I havent felt any different even tho' I can see I have lost weight by how my clothes fit and the scales. Yet if i was carrying the weight in carrier bags, I'd not be happy.

Have a great week,

Ali

thanks Ali.
You've done really well because you've lost over 10% of your starting weight.
The great feeling after each weigh in certainly keeps you going doesn't it!!

Back