When to move up?

hayley18

I am currently on SS+ and only have another 2 and a half stone to go :D very exciting stuff. i have had such quick results :) (well i think i have any way haha)
Anyway my question is when should i move up to step two? im just trying to plan how long each step will take me. my CDC was asking me when i wanted to move up the step and im not sure when to. like how much weight should i have left to lose before i go onto step 2 ?
xxx

Well, to some extent, that's up to you. :) You can stay on SS until your BMI is 25.0. After that, you must move up to 810. I see your goal BMI is 24.9, so you might only stay on 810 for a couple of weeks before deciding that you want to carry on moving up the steps. Or, say if you wanted to move your goal to a BMI of 23.0, you could stay on 810 until you got there and then go up the steps.

Some people do switch to 810 when they're a stone or so away from BMI 25.0 but there's no need to switch sooner if you'd rather keep food out of the equation as long as possible. The reason for moving up to 810 at BMI 25.0 is because you won't have as much fat to burn and you run the risk of losing lean muscle mass. At that point you need the extra protein that the 810 plan provides.

Hope that helps.

Oh - and well done on your weight loss so far! :clap:

Thank you :) yes my BMI goal is to be 24.9 because i have a muscular physique with being a cheerleader ( well i have very muscly legs and arms haha) i think i will move up when i have a stone to go as i believe that i dont have that much more fat to burn :)
Well ndone on your loss to !!
xxx

This is fascinating to me as my BMI is 24.5 and I've got exactly a stone to go until goal when my BMI is 22.5 as i know you out a few pounds on when you go back to maintenance/ introduce carbs! I was ill last week so had a step 2 step/SS+ meal with my three shakes but... I've found I'm losing weight still on this step! Wish I was muscly bit I'm just tall :(

Well done on your weight loss too Hun!!!

See with doing cheer you build muscle quickly!!
im also not too fussed on my weight, its more how i feel within my body :)
Well done on your loss also !!
xx

I spy a new hobby in the horizon :D I know I'm going to have to go back to the gym anyway... A whole lot of toning needs to go on underneath these clothes lol! You must be close to feeling fabulous in your body again!

Back