When total strangers congratulate you!

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Morning peeps!

I just had the nicest comments from a couple I don't even know!

I was walking home from the market, and a couple in their late 70s stopped me. Apparently we are neighbours, or live on the same street anyway.

They said they hoped I didn;t mind their commenting, but they said they could not help but notice over the past several months how much I had changed.

They said one day, they noticed me walking past their home as they often do,:eek::D, and said they finally saw a real smile on my face. And they said they have seen that smile every time I have passed by and how wonderful it was to see the transition. (I must have looked pretty grim before!)

They congratulated me on my weight loss, and said they only wished their own daughter would go through such a transition, as she has the smile I used to have - "the one that hides the pain".:( I completely related to that comment.

I got teary eyed, and thanked them so much for telling me that, and assured them when their daughter is ready she will change her life too, but that it's no reflection on them. They seemed to appreciate this.

It was a lovely moment, and as we parted they told me "Never walk without that smile of yours - it will keep your steps light!"

sniff sniff - getting teary thinking about it now. How lovely a stroke was that!!! :D

I love old people!!! (though technically, I don;t think you are old until you are in your 90s!! :D)

Lovely comments. I think what you said about their daughter was very wise...:)

what a wonderful experience, must feel great to keep getting lovely things said. great stuff

What a lovely couple.

And well deserved comments! I feel a little sorry for the daughter...hope she finds happiness too. xx :)

That is so nice - when someone goes out of their way to say something so lovely and genuine it is priceless.
x

What a lovely couple.

And well deserved comments! I feel a little sorry for the daughter...hope she finds happiness too. xx :)

Yeah, I know - me too. That really touched me, and made me wonder if all these years my own mom and dad could see through my smiles, and if they hurt too. :(

They were a very nice couple. Now I know where they live I will look out for them. I think I am going to drop off a jar of jam for them later. Bless em.

I miss grandparents - maybe I will claim them as mine. :D

Yeah, I know - me too. That really touched me, and made me wonder if all these years my own mom and dad could see through my smiles, and if they hurt too. :(

They were a very nice couple. Now I know where they live I will look out for them. I think I am going to drop off a jar of jam for them later. Bless em.

Bet they will like that! Do you make your own jam Blonde? Just asking as I have always wanted to try that! ( Don't worry, I'm safe around it...don't have a sweet tooth!!)...but would love to give my own jam as pressies!

Any recipe would be appreciated! And I have lots of time to fill now I'm trying to think of other things!

I'm sure your own mum and dad knew how you felt...that's what parents do...but look their bootiful girl now! xx :)

think that is a lovely idea - the jam and adopting them as g'parents is a great idea!!
daisy x

Thanks gals!

LB - I am just learning to make Jam and Jelly - in the last two weekends Ihave made about 20 pots! I am completely and utterly addicted! So far I have made Raspberry, Raspberry-Vanilla, Orange Marmalade, Blackberry & Blueberry (Black & Blue Jam :D), Lemon-Lavander Jelly, Lavender Jelly and this very minute I just finished Strawberry Jam.

Its wonderful - I don;t know why I waited so long to learn. It is much easier then I ever dreamt once you get into it.

I have found all my recipes on the internet - think of a fruit, and type it in and you will find it!

I am giving most of mine as gifts too, but hubby lis loving it so a lot for him too. Once I get a bit more at home with it, I will look for alternatives that use less sugar, so I can enjoy it more readily - but for now, its pretty much a no-no or a wee taste here and there.

xx

How lovely BL.
When my great aunt was 95 she told us she still felt 21 inside it's just the body that gives up.

Thanks Blonde!

I think I am going to google it and give it a try!! xx :)

Back