Total Solution When will ketosis and how do u know?

Leaholl25

Hi losers
Just wondering when ketosis kicks in. im on day 3, 100% ts, not had any side effects really, just the occasional hunger pang. And how do you know? Im not getting the stick things,
Thanks guys.x.x.x.

I've been doing a bit of reading about this myself. I've read that ketosis kicks in when all your glycogen stores have been used up so it depends on how you were eating before you started. I imagine it wouldn't take more than 4-5 days.

Some signs are different smelling breath (some say sweet, some say bad), increased energy, different smelling urine/BO, thirst and an odd taste in your mouth. I'm experiencing the taste in the mouth, its been around since this afternoon and didn't go after cleaning my teeth and mouthwash and a mint later on. Feels a bit like i have metal in my mouth or something a bit tart.
FF :]

Thanks for the info FF, im on day 4 now, so hoping it will happen today! Cant belive I have stuck to it so far, on any other diet I've normally binged by now! Think I have got to the stage where something has to give, I cant keep living like this. Cant eait for weigh in on thursday!
Good luck to you 2.x.

chiefdave said:
Probably worth buying some ketostix if you're not sure. I was convinced it wasn't happening to me as I wasn't getting symptoms but I got some strips from Tesco and it turned out I was it ketosis. Best way to be sure.

Most likley cheaper to buy them online but it depends how quickly you want to find out!

They never worked for me - only in ketosis once apparently. Notoriously unreliable. Anyway something worked. I think it may have been 600 calories??? Or wonderful Exante.
When you feel better, energetic and start to feel good I reckon you are in ketosis. It took me five days- mainly because I drank a whole bottle of wine the night before I started. Bad hangover and hunger ugh - not a good combination.
Keto stics a waste of time in my book.

GSQ

I'd agree with GSQ don't waste your money. If you stick to the plan you'll go into ketosis. If the sticks say you're not in ketosis - then what? There's nothing you can do to push yourself further

Stick to your packs and you'll be in ketosis before the end of your first week

Thanks everyone I feel great at the mo, apart from a few stomach cramps, but it is totm so probably more that than the diet. I wont bother with sticks, like you say cant do anything more than im doing already!
Day 4 down, bring on day 5.x.

Back