• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

When you only have 28lbs to go... should i stil have 15 syns or should i reduce them?

evanesco

I'm the tortoise.
I have 21lbs to go and I still have 15, until your weight loss slows right down, there's no need to reduce your syns, and even then there's other things you can try before reducing them.

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
I'm on the final 8 pounds of my journey and stayed roughly the same for about 5 weeks before deciding to cut down my portion size but to continue to enjoy my 10 syns a day. It is now slow (1lb a month some months) but gradually going. As Britmum says unless you have ground to a standstill for more than just a couple of weigh ins, keep on going, it may be just a blip. xx

Hi, I've never had 15 syns as I was told to have 10 syns a day and I have about 80lb to lose! Do you think I can have more then? In answer to your question you could try cutting down and see what happens. It may give you a weight boost!

evanesco

I'm the tortoise.
Hi, I've never had 15 syns as I was told to have 10 syns a day and I have about 80lb to lose! Do you think I can have more then? In answer to your question you could try cutting down and see what happens. It may give you a weight boost!
You should speak to your C about this. there seems to be some variation among groups, but I know one of the ladies in our group has similar stats to you and she has 15, sometimes 20 syns per day and still loses. I think it does depend on the amount you have to lose.

malaika

Lover of Extra Easy
I always had 15 syns a day, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more, and I lost an average of a pound a week. In fact as I was reaching target I was losing more. It was in my first few weeks that I had a few STS or small gains after that it was losses all the way.
So unless you STS or have a gain for more than a couple of weeks I wouldn't cut back if I were you.