When you only have 28lbs to go... should i stil have 15 syns or should i reduce them?

charliebecca

Im wondering as i dont have too much left to lose and my weight loss is fairly slow by reducing my syns will it help?

I have 21lbs to go and I still have 15, until your weight loss slows right down, there's no need to reduce your syns, and even then there's other things you can try before reducing them.

I'm on the final 8 pounds of my journey and stayed roughly the same for about 5 weeks before deciding to cut down my portion size but to continue to enjoy my 10 syns a day. It is now slow (1lb a month some months) but gradually going. As Britmum says unless you have ground to a standstill for more than just a couple of weigh ins, keep on going, it may be just a blip. xx

Hi, I've never had 15 syns as I was told to have 10 syns a day and I have about 80lb to lose! Do you think I can have more then? In answer to your question you could try cutting down and see what happens. It may give you a weight boost!

You should speak to your C about this. there seems to be some variation among groups, but I know one of the ladies in our group has similar stats to you and she has 15, sometimes 20 syns per day and still loses. I think it does depend on the amount you have to lose.

I always had 15 syns a day, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more, and I lost an average of a pound a week. In fact as I was reaching target I was losing more. It was in my first few weeks that I had a few STS or small gains after that it was losses all the way.
So unless you STS or have a gain for more than a couple of weeks I wouldn't cut back if I were you.

Back