Where Am I Going Wrong?

flutter-by-us

Silver Member
:wave_cry:Hello (again) am getting a bit disheartened with Dukan tbh not only do I look 6 months preggers due to bloating (though will try the wheatbran sorry missed that bit in the book) but I'm not losing anything in fact according to my (new) scales I'm puttiing on weight so I wondered if you could maybe have a quick look at my recent daily menus below and see if you can offer advice and see where I'm going wrong?
I am finding the diet easy to follow and apart from testing the babies puree to make sure it's not too hot that's all the "cheating" I've done. Not sure if maybe it's not the diet for me!! I'm also doing either the walk or swimming so getting exercise in too. Have only 9 weeks til my holiday and want to lose at 10kg so need some help please.
PS don't think my clothes are fitting any better either
PPS also fyi had the contraceptive implant fitted 6 weeks ago so wondered if that's maybe having a negative effect?

Today (I'm planning)
B - either oatbran porridge or WW yoghurt
L - hard boiled egg, ham, rest of tuna and onion mix
T - haddock with white sauce

Sunday
B - 2 slice lean ham, boiled egg
L - slice ham, WW vanilla yoghurt
T - galette, tuna, onion mixed with light mayo, WW vanilla yoghurt

Saturday
B - half oatbran porridge as not very hungry
L - 2 x slices ham, small amount poached salmon
T - peppered steak, WW toffee yoghurt

Friday
B - oatbran porridge
L - tomato, cucumber, slice ham
T - homemade chicken and beef curry (toms, onion, pepper, medium powder)

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated xx

Cut out the ham. Its good to have some for an emergency but not an everyday food. Try and have some more substantial protein at lunch as it looks like you're not eating much in the day at all.

Whats in the light mayo and white sauce?

Cut out the ham. Its good to have some for an emergency but not an everyday food. Try and have some more substantial protein at lunch as it looks like you're not eating much in the day at all.

Whats in the light mayo and white sauce?

Hi Jaqys thanks looking at it now it does look like I eat a lot of ham ..... It's quick and easy but I will try either chicken or tinned fish instead.
The white sauce is from the Dukan book the extra light mayo is in place of ff yoghurt or fromage frais but looking at the content probably way too high in fat!
Could these 2 things really be enough to muck it up though??

Typical ValuesTypical values per 100g-Energy300kJ/73kcal-Protein0.6g-Carbohydrate11g-- of which sugars4.8g-Fat3.0g-- of which saturates0.5g-Fibre0.6g-Sodium1.1g-Salt (based on sodium)2.8g

Thanks for your help!
Maybe I should go back on attack and start again!!

Hopefully those that know a bit more will be able to help.

With the ham if its salty you could be retaining water and that can interfere.
The other is if you dont eat enough you'll struggle to lose long term.

Wouldnt see any need to go back on attack, just a few adjustments and hopefully it'll start falling off.

I'm going through the new scales shame too- my old ones have me 12lbs lighter than my new ones :eek:

Could I just ask your height and current weight please?

yes the mayo is a no no!!!!! try fat free fromage frais instead. are you drinking water?

yes the mayo is a no no!!!!! try fat free fromage frais instead. are you drinking water?

ok so mayo a no no only had it the once but never again! Yes drinking loads of water and black tea, couple of cups of coffee with skim milk made with the powder and maybe 1 can diet coke (limiting myself!)
xx

And your porridge is made with oatbran and skimmed milk only, yes?

Apart from the ham, nothing else jumps out, so how about you join us on the Daily Menu thread... everything which passes your lips must be noted cos we must find what's up! (I don't know whether your contraceptive implant has this sort of side effect? Perhaps google it?)

is your tummy wobbly bloated or solid bloated? whats the weight loss like?

(Vicky... ask re transit!!)

lol. well wobbly tummy is water retention and hard belly is poo

(my wobbly tummy is fat... pure and simple!!)

lol. rub preperation H on water retention stomach :D thats what the body building sites tell you lol

what about bernard matthews turkey, is that out??

depends on fat content.

Check the food label... if you see SUGAR, anything ending in ".ose", flour or oil, it's no go... I fear you'll see one or all.

Best cook yourself from fresh... that way you know what's in/on it.

:D:D
Thank you ladies for making me see some light relief in my situation think I still have some prep h (or similar) from my post labour days that should do the trick .........
Ok will post my menus and just shout if you see something I shouldn't be having would be most grateful as I want this to WORK!! Am hacked off in that this is probably the only diet I've stuck to and I'm going nowhere.
Will start menu tomorrow as today has been a disaster not from a Dukan point of view more that I've felt bad (full of cold) and not had time / inclination to eat but what I have has been Dukan friendly and did some swimming too.
xx

Flutter.... if you've been following the forum for a while you'll know we occasionally talk bathroom movements :D it's a strange little obsession we have lol...

honestly when I first started out I was concious of any lack of losses...someone pointed out to me that I'd probably have a huge movement at some point :) TMI?.... lol

anyways I did and 4 weeks on I'm a stone down!! It works :) stick with it, post menus we'll help you through xxx

Sarah is such a lady... beautifully put!

Back