Where can I hide my laughing cow extra light triangles

judywoody

..when I say "hide" I mean can I put it in any dish so I can't see or taste it?

I bought them a week ago and tried one and they just taste revolting!!! But I don't want to throw them in the bin. I thought I might be able to hide them in some kind of dish?

Should this be in the recipe section? If yes, sorry and please move :)

Last edited:
Stuff them in a chicken breast & wrap in bacon...not sure if this is hiding them enough.

Stir into a risotto

Put them in freezer then grate on top of things i.e. lasagna, quiche

@big bear: I like the freezing idea
and @metrognome: That sounds really good, too ;-)

Into mashed potato, with a little boiling water to melt them down. So good, and practically the same colour so you won't notice, just the cheesy goodness!

N.B. I can't get enough laughing cow so I'm always finding places to put it into my food!

Pop them in the freezer, then grate them over things like pasta, chicken etc or anything you would put a pit of parmesan over.

Edit: Sorry, just realised this was posted above!

I cant stand them either but.....melted into baked beans for a tattie is away to get rid of them. :D (oh and add marmite in too, if you love it that is)

lovetosew said:
you can hide them in my fridge if you like, I love them on crackerbread!

Haha...yeah email me your address;-)

Cool ideas everyone...the carbonara idea sounds really good!whether or not it can duly replace parmesan or not will have to be discovered:)

I have melted them in a pan with a little water to make a cheesey-esk or white sauce (afor mentioned lack of cheeseyness). On Extra Easy just pop any free fish (haddock salmon ect) in a dish, pour over 'sauce' cover with mash (mixed with fat free fromais) and pop in oven was really nice. :D

I haven't tried this yet but I have been thinking of using to spread on bread as a replacement for butter or margarine in a sandwich. I think the filling would mask the flavour of the LC and it would give you the texture of having butter.

I don't see the point in Laughing Cow Extra Light. They're revolting compared to the normal Light ones and you just get six instead of five, it's pointless. I stick to plain old Light which I quite like. Stick em in mack or stuffed chicken and NEVER BUY EM AGAIN! :D

Same with mini Babybel light, they're gross compared to normal Babybe, you just get 3 instead of 2. Id rather have 2 good ones than 3 revolting ones! :confused:

I don't see the point in Laughing Cow Extra Light. They're revolting compared to the normal Light ones and you just get six instead of five, it's pointless. I stick to plain old Light which I quite like. Stick em in mack or stuffed chicken and NEVER BUY EM AGAIN! :D

Same with mini Babybel light, they're gross compared to normal Babybe, you just get 3 instead of 2. Id rather have 2 good ones than 3 revolting ones! :confused:

funny, I actually quite like babybel light..can't really taste a difference..but you are right I'll never buy Laughing Cow again..

Back