whey protein

JustForMe

Gold Member
i want to do a vlcd but funds are a bit tight. im currently doing celeb slim and have good losses but the amount of carbs and sugar that go into the products is beggining to be a bit of a put off along with the price!

i was looking at whey protein powder on holland and barrets and was wondering if i could use it as a total meal replacement?

i currently eat a menu like this:
brekkie - celeb slim shake
snack - fruit
lunch - celeb slim shake
snack - fruit
dinner - meat and veg
snack - sugar free jelly

i was considering replacing the shakes with whey protein ones (theyre really low in carbs and sugar compared to CS) and buying a good multi-vit to take alongside as i dont want to get ill

i really want to get into ketosis but im only young and dont want to wreck my body either.

any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Hey Kel,

I don't know if I told you but I am trying Exante VLCD this week. Unfortunetely, the cost is more than CS! Exante are doing a promo pack for £36 for 21 packs at the moment so I thought I'd try that.

I'm on Day 4 at the moment. I'll let you know what my result for week 1 is on Friday. :D

The Exante products actually taste quite natural. Shakes are not as sweet as CS shakes, but I quite like them. The soups are much nicer than CS. The bars are really nice as well and they're big so you can spread them throughout the day.

I'm hoping for a decent loss this week! :)

i was looking at whey protein powder on holland and barrets and was wondering if i could use it as a total meal replacement?

Sorry, but it's not even a meal replacement, let alone a total one.

I'm sure you could use them to replace breakfast, but I don't think I would replace 2 meals with them on a regular basis.

yea you did tell me and congrats of finding something that suits you better i'll keep my finger crossed for your first weigh in

i looked at the exante website but its just too expensive, and the cs i didnt realise what sort of crap really goes into the products so im really stuck on what to do

i dont want to do SW or WW because if i can eat what i want in moderation i will eat what i want but in large amounts. this is the easiest way for me to control my habits

im just stuck atm for what to do :confused:

Sorry, but it's not even a meal replacement, let alone a total one.

I'm sure you could use them to replace breakfast, but I don't think I would replace 2 meals with them on a regular basis.

do you have any experiance or know of any meal replacements that arent full of all the sugar and carbs?

im exercising atm and my evening meal is super healthy and im having fruit...i just dont want to stuff up and i need to be in contol of whats going into my body.

If you look on avidlite site they have some meal replacement shakes. Also weigh to go meals etc. There's a good range of products much cheaper !
You really need to be careful if you aren't doing meal replacement properly - eg CD or LL. I'd def advise a good multi vitamin and some protein eg fish, chicken and vegetables as an evening meal. Please take care

theyre all the same price ...im going to eat loads of protein filled meat and veggies as an evening meal and i have talked to the chemist and got some really good multi vits.

I just dont know what to do about breakfast and lunch.

When I used to train for competitions I used to use whey protein for 2 meals as easier than working out my carbs and protein ratio's 3 x a day, but you can't use whey protein as sole source as it's pure protein. and have it in the wrong quantities and you could end up gaining weight. and it's not the nicest tasting stuff:p

what about using it as one meal and a bar such as atkins for lunch

Last edited:
Having looked at meal replacements and whey proteins in the past I think I found something reasonably ok. Reflex Nutrition Instant Mass adds Organic oats as a source of carbs, which edges the stuff nearer to a meal replacement. I think there are about 400 cals in a serving.

i found something im using sci fx diet meal but im just having one shake and eating low carb the rest of the time

lost 3lbs in 3 days so far :)

Back