Which diet CD lipo or LL help please

lyric

I want to start a new diet Ive done the Lighter life but need afresh new start if any one can advise me to help make my mind up. Im going to start after easter so I can work towards the summer.
Thanks
Lyric

Hiya Lyric

All of them are basically the same in terms of the physical diet itself so the choice comes down to cost and support.

Why not give all your local Cambridge counsellors a call and see which one you click with, pop and see the chemist and chat through Lipo and see whether you get on with them and maybe give your old LL person a ring and see what they are up to, then make an informed decision on the best support structure you need to get to goal weight and then go for it.

You know the diet works you just have to close your eyes and get through it.

Mike

Um I am not sure about that, I am a great believer in getting your head round that a diet is merely a way of losing weight whereas staying slim is a totally different thing and to be honest much harder than losing weight.

The Cambridge maintenance is good and allows you to come off the diet gently and also with the new products coming along and the fact you can use the packs to maintain weight it can be a great way of staying slim but ultimately you have to also be much more aware of what you eat and deal with the reasons you overate in the first place.

M.

I think Icemoose suggestion of talking to the counsellors and the pharmacist is a good step forwards, then as said you can make an informed decision.

Keeping the weight of I think will be just as hard as ever. I have accepted that I am going to have to keep on top of mine forever. Most places offer free weigh and go's once at target. Even the nurse at you gp surgery would offer this although perhaps not every week! My plan once I am finished is to set myself I line weightwise I don't want to go over, maybe half a stone over my target. Then go to my LLC once every 2-3 weeks, and if I hit the top line deal with it straight away. I don't mean by going back on food packs, just trying to be sensible. I'm hoping never to need another foodpack once I'm done rofl!

Another consideration, depending on what you think you need. Lipo has the least choices of packs, LL in the middle and CD has the most choice.

Best wishes to you with whichever plan you start, and keep posting this is a wonderful place for support!

Mags
xxx

Hi,

I did lots of research (including on these forums) before choosing CD. At the end of the day the final decision was made as CD have the biggest range of flavours and the CDC was by far the most convenient location wise.

Hi I am on Lipotrim, we only get 4 flavours of drink ...Chocolate, strawberry, vanilla and chicken soup. There are also 2 flapjacks that are like cardboard....lol.
I think if I were to start anew I would choose cd as there are so many more flavours......I am actually toying with the idea of changing to cd in the near future.

I think You should change Sonkie. Not just for the flavours but for the extra support you will get from your counsellor. Ive read hubby is pretty useless on that front and although you do have support from here and Sam & Karen they have their own lives to deal with too. Your time with your counsellor will be just for you to weigh in, have a chat, and get some motivation. Think itll be so much better for you than just going up to the chemist. Give your local CDC a ring, see how you feel then and good luck.

I think You should change Sonkie. Not just for the flavours but for the extra support you will get from your counsellor. Ive read hubby is pretty useless on that front and although you do have support from here and Sam & Karen they have their own lives to deal with too. Your time with your counsellor will be just for you to weigh in, have a chat, and get some motivation. Think itll be so much better for you than just going up to the chemist. Give your local CDC a ring, see how you feel then and good luck.

Yeh I will do, will stick with LT for a few more weeks for Sam as she is near goal now then will go for it.....!
I think it will be better knowing that cdc will be there when/if the going gets tough, as with LT you dont have the extra support.
Thanx Happe

I did lighter life for 26 weeks, I think the foundation part (14 weeks) is absolutely brilliant and helps you get your head around lots of stuff. Personally I felt development was really rubbish and just not worth the extra money. I hear the maintenance is excellent though.

I've just switched to Cambridge and am absolutely amazed by the flavours you get, the bars actually have milk chocolate on them MILK CHOCOLATE!! To think of the horrific chocolate cravings I've been having occasionally and one of these bars would have sorted it.

Also my new CDC is the bees knees :D

Although my LLC was also the bees knees and I will miss her.

I don't regret LL for one minute, it has been amazing. I'm happy that I've switched to CD now though, it's the right time.

I chose CD based on cost. LL was double the cost and I felt that it would be difficultto justify over £30 per week for the counselling service. Would have been justified if it had been 1:1 but when found that it was in a group of 12 for an hour per week I was sceptical.
At the beginning I reasoned that I could pay for my own therapy if I needed it. To be honest - I've had lots of support on minimins and with my CDC who is a lovely down-to-earth lady!
Don't know about lipo. Atthe end of the day, you need to chose what will work for YOU!

Hi Lyric, which diet did you decide to go with and how's it working for you? Please keep us posted.

Cath

Hi, I went for the CD and today is day 1, Ive made every excuse to start tomorrow or when the kids go back to school, but NO i need to start today, weighed myself today 13st 12 oh not forgetting the three quarters!!!
Anyway feeling positive and hopfully by the end of tomorrow I will be feeling stronger.
Thanks for asking
lyric

Good luck with it - let us know how you get on!

Back