Which exerise equipment?

hide

Hello reader. I have MS. It's not so bad that i can't walk, but i am house bound. I need to exercise my legs. I was thinking about a tread mill, but my balance is a mess so it would be a bad idea. Then i thought maybe an exercise bike; i cannot see a problem with that.

What equipppment [make and model]would you recommend?
Michael

an excercise bike does sound good, but interms of makes and models i can't recommend as i don't personally have a stationary bike.
what i do have that exercises my legs (where you can sit down in the comfort of you chair- for stability).
is one of those V leg resistance toner.
basically where you put it between your legs and squeeze your legs together. (hope that makes sense, as can't find pic on net to show you)

ps welcome to the forum

If you have a good grip in your hands then an exercise band can give you some resistance for leg exs. Small wrap round weights to put round your ankles could work too. Some of the supermarkets and argos do cheap ones.
Why don't you look on freecycle? You have to offer stuff before you can ask for something, but exercise bikes are always coming up on ours. If you think you will get the use out of it you may be able to get Which on line to check out the best, or some of the sports magazines often do comparisons, they all have websites. Perhaps there is an exercise forum ( there must be!) where you could ask.
OR, ring your local physio department and ask to talk to a physio about it. Good luck!

Back