Which step should I be on? CDCs advice would be welcome too!

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hey guys,

I have less than 10lbs til BMI 25 (not sure exactly how many but it was 10 at my evening WI on Monday so is hopefully less now!).

On the CD site it says SS/SS+ is only suitable for anyone who has more than one stone to go til BMI25.

I have less than that, so should I be on 810 now?? Have been feeling a bit tired and hungry the past couple of days and wondered if I should now be on a slightly higher plan?

Can anyone/any CDCs advise?

xx

Thanks Spooky, I am doing SS+ at the moment with the milk option so do you think I should move straight up or leave it til Monday when I see my CDC?

What can I have on 810? Don't have a booklet!

Thanks again hunxx

Step 2 (810 kcal per day)
  • Three Cambridge meals
Choice one from the protein list:
  • 260g canned tuna (in springwater)drained
  • 175g portion of poultry meat (without skin or fat)
  • 275g portion of white fish
  • 275g quorn or tofu
  • 325g reduced fat cottage cheese
  • 250g plain cottage cheese
  • 190g fresh tuna steak
Plus :
  • 3tbsp 'white or green' vegetables (cooked or raw) same as on ss plus list
Plus
  • 340ml skimmed milk
Continue to drink at least 2.25l (4 pts) of water per day.

You are adding protein, veg and milk to your 3 packs a day - the protein amounts go up as does the veg. :) Mushrooms are fine on 810.

Here you go!!!! :)

oooh wow all those choices! crikey i'm going to be spoilt! best get some food in then eh?! that's going to require a strong-willed shopping trip methinks! x

As far as I know you are still not allowed diet drinks. You are moving from a vlcd to a low calorie diet (810 calories) with 810. There are very few carbs in the veg you are allowed so you should still stay in ketosis.
Good luck,
Frances

Blimey that is loads cant wait for my 12 weeks to be up on 4th december,mushrooms mmmm enjoy your new regime!!Now I know theres light at the end of the tunnel!!How on earth did I used to eat about 2000 plus cals a day I was starving..just shows you...healthy choices and all that,enjoy yourself hun youve worked hard..you deserve it
xx

isnt it mad though cause im the same bout 7lb away from bmi 25, but with ll you can stay on ss till the 14 weeks are over!! thn we choose what were doing!!

So can I just get this straight then, you cannot be on SS within a stone of BMI 25? For some reason, I'd got it in my head that whilst you wouldn't start anyone on SS within that range, if you were already on SS you could stay on it until you were BMI 25!

So can I just get this straight then, you cannot be on SS within a stone of BMI 25? For some reason, I'd got it in my head that whilst you wouldn't start anyone on SS within that range, if you were already on SS you could stay on it until you were BMI 25!

Yes, that's right, though you would need to up SS to SS+ for a few days before BMI 25 :)

To clarify.

If you start Cambridge at BMI 25+stone or less, you cannot SS or SS+ at all. You must do 810 (or above) until goal.

But, if you are already SS/SS+ing, you can continue with that, as long as you are on 810 by BMI 25.

So, someone who has been SS for a while, would need to move on to SS+ for a few days once they got close to BMI25 so that they are ready to 810 at that point.

If wannabslim started CD more than 25+ 1 stone, she can continue for a bit longer. If of course, she was less than that at the beginning, she should have been on 810 all along

Last edited:
I was more than BMI25 +a stone when I started so was fine on SS. I had my first 810 meal tonight and feel better for it. I didn't realise it was ok to keep going til I hit BMI25 but I am quite happy moving up a plan a little early so I am ready to reintroduce food fully in time for Christmas.

xx

Step 2 (810 kcal per day)
  • Three Cambridge meals
Choice one from the protein list:
  • 260g canned tuna (in springwater)drained
  • 175g portion of poultry meat (without skin or fat)
  • 275g portion of white fish
  • 275g quorn or tofu
  • 325g reduced fat cottage cheese
  • 250g plain cottage cheese
  • 190g fresh tuna steak
Plus :
  • 3tbsp 'white or green' vegetables (cooked or raw) same as on ss plus list
Plus
  • 340ml skimmed milk
Continue to drink at least 2.25l (4 pts) of water per day.

You are adding protein, veg and milk to your 3 packs a day - the protein amounts go up as does the veg. :) Mushrooms are fine on 810.

Here you go!!!! :)

I`m due to go up soon, but am confused as to whether weights are cooked or uncooked for chicken?????
i assume uncooked as everything else would be, but wanted to make sure.
Thanks

by the way well done on a super weightloss, i bet you wernt expecting that.....concidering you dont have much to lose.
x

I'm glad i've read this thread as whenever I mention doing SSplus (i'm 10lbs off target) my CDC says I may as well just do calorie counting! Starting to wonder if she's right for me. Also, my booklet is very basic and doesn,t show the 810 plan or higher... should I ask her 4 this info then?

you should have a yellow eightcare booklet that has all the plans in, if not ask for one from your cdc (some charge for them , most do not) The plans are such an important part of theis diet inorder to maintain your weight so that you can guage correct portion sizes ect so have another chat with your cdc about this.

julesrush
cdc norwich

same here with my cdc, she also has my height at 2inches higher, but refuses to change it..........lol
i would like to add food in, can anyone tell me a bit more about aamw, when should you be doing this?

Back