Which Tesco bars are allowed?

Laurie said:
And £20.59 for a box of 15! Lot's of choices, but I'm still not sure I've heard a lot of people saying no to Atkins Bars

Lol well I say yes to Atkins bars! :D hahaha

They have a quarter of daily vitamins and minerals, less carbs, similar fat content and only a few more calories than S&S bars and they're much bigger and nicer too. It's personal choice at the end of the day and I still would only have 1 bar of any description each day. I mainly eat the S&S bars but have Atkins ones for a change :D

I think the Atkins meal bars make sense! with Stkins being lox carbs too i cant see why it would interupt weight loss! im going to definietly give them a whirl, the tesco bars are just too big and 220cals for a bar is alot considering the s&s ones are around 140cals! so i'll have a read up on the atkins bars now and see whats what.

Exactly my thoughts about the carbs. At least we know it shouldn't kick us out of ketosis. Would e a pretty rubbish Atkins product if it did! :D

Im happy to eat them so I will have one once in a while as I feel like it. :)

Had one of the Tesco choccy ones this morning, yummy!

Oh jus had an atkins caramel chocolate nut roll bar - i think ive died and gone to heaven lol its like a lion bar. Big thanks to the person who posted about them xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just watch that they don't kick you out of ketosis. The bigger bars have a lot more carbs than the S&S bars and as we can have veggies and milk on this diet the carbs do tend to add up if you're not careful.

Just had a look on Tesco website because I was curious.

How can we be allowed any of the Tesco ultraslim bars when they contain half the carbs we are allowed a day? The minimum was 22.4g in one bar, the other was higher.

Surely once we have our remaining two or three S&S packs, the increase in carbs would kick most out of ketosis?

I only have 3 packs (plus protein) and I can just about get away with a Tesco bar with that, but I don't have them every day (maybe once a week or less). Not sure whether they'd go as well with 4 packs as the 4th pack will contain carbs in the way that protein doesn't.

I only have 3 packs (plus protein) and I can just about get away with a Tesco bar with that, but I don't have them every day (maybe once a week or less). Not sure whether they'd go as well with 4 packs as the 4th pack will contain carbs in the way that protein doesn't.

Ah-ha! That makes sense! :)

Back