Who are you dieting for?

I'm new to this board in general... so am browsing old threads! I'm losing weight mainly for me... I'm a singer and want to feel confident in whatever I wear on stage. I want to wear the clothes other 20year olds wear and enjoy fashion. I'm living what are supposedly the best years of your life and I want to feel good in them! I want to look back on photos and smile. I want to show the school bullies that I am not ugly and worthless. I want the compliments for my hard work. I don't want to feel like a particular slim family member is feeling sorry for me again. I want to inspire my parents to become more healthy. I want to be able to run around and play with my niece/nephew when they are born.

My boyfriend is amazing... he's supportive and thinks I look gorgeous whatever size... and I believe him. it's not from his pressure to lose weight, but I want to be the best I can for him.

Last edited:
I want to lose wight for myself. I want to join the RAF in a few years and I know that I won't be able to do that at my current weight.

I'm defo doing it for me as my beau says he liked me the way I was when we first met...er...size 12/14 ain't a comfy weight for me I was soooooo flabby!

Why are you losing weight

FOR ME

Coz I'm Worth it!! :giggle:

THATS RIGHT IF WE CANT(or wont) do it 4 ourselves we cant do it at all,u ave 2 want it :D

Me.

My health.

My happiness.

Taking control of my life again.

Yep that's about it.

Complicated one.....I think it is a mixture of both. I know OH would love me to be slim but he loves me now, I seek others approval all the time and I would love to just blend in, not be the fat one amongst my friends, not go on holiday and dread going to the pool looking like a beached whale:rolleyes: But my primary reason for doing this is me, I deserve to lose this weight, I deserve the opportunity to wear clothes from next, topshop etc, I deserve to be healthy and fit......all of those will contribute to myself esteem.

I started off trying to lose weight to bring my BMI down for surgery, but as I've gone down a couple of dress sizes and been able to buy nice clothes and get loads of compliments, my main reason for losing weight is to look fabulous and be able to wear anything I want! :cool::D

To start with, it was for me and only me. I love clothes and it's just harder to find smart, well made clothes in my old size. (size 24) I hate anything polyester!

Right or wrong, sizeism is alive and well, and I was just getting tired of pushing against it. I've definitely noticed there's a fat=lazy/mentally wooly sort of equation that I felt I'd have to be that much quicker or sharper or be willing to work that much harder to get past. After a while, it gets exhausting... and for what? So I could come home and collapse on the couch with a takeaway after another 13 hr day? Why not just lose the weight, lose the pressure, and maybe find another job in that smart new suit I can fit into these days? ;)

As I've lost more, though, I'm starting to see how happy it's making the people who love me. The clothes are great, but seeing the proud look on my mother in law's face really is much better. I want my husband to be proud to have me on his arm... not that he wasn't before, but for a different reason this time!

I'm dieting simply for the sake of mojo/relationships.

I'd rather know if a person isn't interested in my character, rather than not being interested in my body. So sod it, a 5 month diet won't hurt... hell it'll do me the world of good!

I'm also doing it for fashion reasons, looking like a scewed mix between Stephen Fry, David Mitchell, and some sort of dodgy middle-class pirate is good and all, but dammit I want a trim suit.

I'm also doing it for fashion reasons, looking like a scewed mix between Stephen Fry, David Mitchell, and some sort of dodgy middle-class pirate is good and all...

Hahahaha! That made me cackle...(well I do have a bad throat just the minute!)

Back