who is fasting today ????

Denise116 said:
Hi, not too bad but been laid low by stomach cramps most of the day. Managed to do ok but did have a few extra raspberries to help me through it. It could have been worse, I was really craving sugar! Looking forward to breakfast, I expect you are too. :)

Sorry you've been feeling poorly, hopefully after a good nights sleep you feel better.
Well done resisting the sugar!!
Haven't had raspberries in ages, think I'll get some when I next go shopping.
Mmmmm breakfast, planning tomorrows eats already :)

Thanks Debridger. Feeling a lot better now. Had lovely breakfast in town (it was healthy though beans on wholemeal bread). Have spent a couple of hours in the sunshine taking photos - my new hobby). Next fast is Wednesday so a couple of days off now. Hope you're enjoying the bank holiday. :)

Denise116 said:
Thanks Debridger. Feeling a lot better now. Had lovely breakfast in town (it was healthy though beans on wholemeal bread). Have spent a couple of hours in the sunshine taking photos - my new hobby). Next fast is Wednesday so a couple of days off now. Hope you're enjoying the bank holiday. :)

Hi Denise - glad you're feeling better

I went for a big fruit salad & yogurt this morning - think it was the sunshine!!

My next fast is tomorrow, so will probably have supper tonight(I do most eating days)
Already planning Wednesdays food :)
Weather is lovely, so had a few hours sitting in the garden...

What sort of photography are you into, or just experimenting at the moment?

Hi Denise - glad you're feeling better

I went for a big fruit salad & yogurt this morning - think it was the sunshine!!

My next fast is tomorrow, so will probably have supper tonight(I do most eating days)
Already planning Wednesdays food :)
Weather is lovely, so had a few hours sitting in the garden...

What sort of photography are you into, or just experimenting at the moment?

Oh fruit salad. I'm shopping tomorrow, think I will be adding some more things to my list!

I'm just learning photography. My husband bought me a very nice camera for our anniversary (he says it's for putting up with him!), and he's teaching me how to use it and photoshop. He's been into photography for years - usually I'm standing there like a lemon whilst he's taking ages over a shot, but not any more! I do have quite a lot of pictures of flowers to work through now - I just love how they look and trying to get good photos of them is fun. I've only been doing it a couple of weeks but starting to get obsessed! :)

Oh fruit salad. I'm shopping tomorrow, think I will be adding some more things to my list!

I'm just learning photography. My husband bought me a very nice camera for our anniversary (he says it's for putting up with him!), and he's teaching me how to use it and photoshop. He's been into photography for years - usually I'm standing there like a lemon whilst he's taking ages over a shot, but not any more! I do have quite a lot of pictures of flowers to work through now - I just love how they look and trying to get good photos of them is fun. I've only been doing it a couple of weeks but starting to get obsessed! :)

Glad you're finding it fun - it's nice when you have a shared hobby

I had a DD Tuesday, which was fine
Eating today...all good SW friendly stuff - hoping for a reasonable loss this week

Fast day for me today. Going to last as long as I can before eating anything. Got plenty of fruit in now so fruit salad later I think, with chicken stir fry for tea.

good luck on your fast day denise!!

I am on mine as well, today is the worse fast day I have done in terms of tummy rumbling but it's not tooo bad I don't feel. I am waiting till 12.30 then will be taking my lunch (I am at work) which is a higher than I would usually have calorie soups but should be quite filling, it is Farmers Market Chicken and veg and is 216 cals for the tin.

I am going to continue fasting this way the I am doing it (lunch and tea only, no snack etc) and if no change in weight in a few weeks, I may switch to a later afternoon snack (around 3/4 pm) and then tea about 7pm.

good luck on your fast day denise!!

I am on mine as well, today is the worse fast day I have done in terms of tummy rumbling but it's not tooo bad I don't feel. I am waiting till 12.30 then will be taking my lunch (I am at work) which is a higher than I would usually have calorie soups but should be quite filling, it is Farmers Market Chicken and veg and is 216 cals for the tin.

I am going to continue fasting this way the I am doing it (lunch and tea only, no snack etc) and if no change in weight in a few weeks, I may switch to a later afternoon snack (around 3/4 pm) and then tea about 7pm.

Thanks. I didn't last long with no food. I've had a small peach and some raspberries so far. Cup of tea later to take the edge off. The weather is miserable outside which just makes me want to eat comfort food, but I will resist!

Your soup sounds good. I normally do the same as you with 2 meals. Thought I'd try a longer fast today, but perhaps it's not for me! Best to find out what suits you best as we're all different. Good luck :)

Thanks. I didn't last long with no food. I've had a small peach and some raspberries so far. Cup of tea later to take the edge off. The weather is miserable outside which just makes me want to eat comfort food, but I will resist!

Your soup sounds good. I normally do the same as you with 2 meals. Thought I'd try a longer fast today, but perhaps it's not for me! Best to find out what suits you best as we're all different. Good luck :)

Aww sorry you didn't manage to the time you wanted to get to - I don't know if I could last longer than around 1pm either (that is from eating at 7/8pm the previous night) without needing SOME thing at the least, that is why I have opted to go for the 2 meals for the first few weeks in the hope it works as well as fasting most of the day till tea time.

I know what you mean about the weather - miserable, rainy and cold, BOOOO not good May weather at all & not good fasting weather - you can do it RESIST RESIST!

Yeah I agree everyone needs their own way of working thie way of eating as as I'm new I may have to change things up at some point but for now this is working in the way that I can manage it, but then I guess the weight/measurements checks will be the only proof that they way I am trying to do it works or not - I will know soon enough I guess!!

Hope the rest of your day goes OK!

Hello all x
Fast day for me and just had a lovely salad for tea thank to a new salad dressing i found in Morrisons today! It was a sweet piri piri dressing and was tasty and a little hot but made my plate of lettuce, toms, cucumber and spring onion much much better! And only 28 cals for a tablespoon.
Managed to not eat till 11.30am this morning. Knew once i started it would be harder to stop! Always find the week before TOTM i want to eat anything and everything..
Hope all is well with everyone x

Fasting today - so far, the standard black coffee (which I've drunk black since I was about 7 anyway)
And some of the Douwe Egberts hazelnut one

Not heard of the hazelnut one but sounds delish may have to find that. I'm also on black coffee only. Do you eat in the evening?

Not heard of the hazelnut one but sounds delish may have to find that. I'm also on black coffee only. Do you eat in the evening?

Evening - been out all day,

I bought the hazelnut one last week in Sainsburys it was a 1/3 off, so £1:99
Then today in Morrisons, they too were doing it for £1:99 so I picked up another, and the caramel one :) although they didn't have vanilla - so will check out caramel later.

No, I won't be eating until breakfast tomorrow, I stick to black coffee, diet soft drinks, fruit/herbal tea and water - if I'm cold or feeling hungry, I'll have a mug of bovril.

I just know me, I'll feel hungry if I eat, so I don't - also, I really can't be bothered to calorie count - it's just easier this way.

Do you eat at all on a DD?

Evening - been out all day,

I bought the hazelnut one last week in Sainsburys it was a 1/3 off, so £1:99
Then today in Morrisons, they too were doing it for £1:99 so I picked up another, and the caramel one :) although they didn't have vanilla - so will check out caramel later.

No, I won't be eating until breakfast tomorrow, I stick to black coffee, diet soft drinks, fruit/herbal tea and water - if I'm cold or feeling hungry, I'll have a mug of bovril.

I just know me, I'll feel hungry if I eat, so I don't - also, I really can't be bothered to calorie count - it's just easier this way.

Do you eat at all on a DD?

Will have to get myself some of that coffee then. That is awesome work managing full fasts. Excellent work. I feel very clean after one of those. Yes I mostly do eat on down days because I find it simple and I want to re-fuel a bit so I can go running. I could exercise on down days with nothing but it's just personal preference to eat. I don't eat meat and think my iron levels were dipping slightly.

This eve I had fish with steamed leeks, broccoli and cabbage. Still aiming for part of my 5 a day ;)

Am fasting from 6pm last night til 6pm tonight. Going okay, i think. I've had about 200 cals. Good luck!

Fasting today after 4 days eating on holiday - no point weighing in tomorrow as totm - so I'll have to wait to see impact of holiday - should be ok I think. So milk in my tea and the about 350 calorie dinner tonight!

Back