Who is NOT going to pleased with the new you?

safee

I'm just sitting here thinking of a "friend" of mine who is going to be shocked when next she sees me :D
She was always pointing out my weight in a negative way.like the time we went shopping for jeans and she was like " God I wonder what size will fit over those hips of yours" :rolleyes: and telling people how much weight I've put on, in a smug sort of way.....
Anyway, obviously i'm losing this weight for myself, but I'm still cant wait to see the look on her face when next she sees her 'fat' friend :whistle:

So...who wont believe that you are capable of losing weight? Please share :)

I'm just sitting here thinking of a "friend" of mine who is going to be shocked when next she sees me :D
She was always pointing out my weight in a negative way.like the time we went shopping for jeans and she was like " God I wonder what size will fit over those hips of yours" :rolleyes: and telling people how much weight I've put on, in a smug sort of way.....

....ermmmm....and this is a 'friend' :eek::eek:

how rude !!!

can't believe you've put up with that kind of comment.... she will be well shocked next time you meet up !!! YIPPEEEEEE !!

what an incentive to keep on keepin on !!!!

you go girl ! and show her what you're made of :D:D

love

Debz xx

SOme of my friends and family have been a bit strange about it, but especially the women.
I had one so, "oh i suppose you can see a little bit of difference if you look for it"-
And have you had any of those people who compliment you on the weight loss but then remind you of "how fat " you were. Does this mean they were always saying that about you when you were bigger.

I too find women more negative about my weight loss. One of my main incentives is to see those people's face when they see me with my new figure! :p

I agree with debz~ this 'friend' of yours sounds horrible!! U show her safee!! ;)

Good luck and hugs
xxx

You just have to look at my lipotrim posts to see who has been negative to me .
I lost most of my weight b4 my ex got back from being away .....OMG was the only way to describe his reaction , he is still like it when he sees me now , but its his loss .

alot of my family and friends do they wow you were 'really fat' weren't you rather than say you look good now :rolleyes:

an old friend of mine hadn't seen me for a while and when she did was shocked at the difference
she started dieting straightaway , and every week would ring to ask what i had lost and then tell me she'd lost a 1lb more lol

I saw her a few weeks back and she looks the same pmsl
no idea why she thought she needed to ring and tell me she was losing weight when she wasn't and she isn't really much overweight anyway!

its amazing how unsupportive some people can be, Thats why I decided to be very selective about telling people, and I'm so grateful for this site :D its amazing !

OMG Safee

You will be able to thank that "friend" soon, coz she should be your whole incentive to lose your weight. Every time I even thought about cheating, I would think of her and her smug face and sarcastic comments. You show her girl x

I have 3 older sisters - two of them are very supportive and complimentary, (one of them has lots of weight to lose as well and the other has lost about 2st on WW and is maintaining her slim weight one year on) and the THIRD is very odd about the whole thing - she is obsessed with other peoples weight (eg my OH whom she poked in the middle, saying "oooh you're putting on the beef" - at 6ft and 13st I dont THINK SO...) and when I told her about my losses she said "What - you've lost that on that stupid diet?" and made out she couldn't see any difference.. She has always loved the fact that I am bigger than her and I can't WAIT to get to goal to SHOW HER!!

Oh yes, it is surprising the reactions you will get Safee. I hadn't seen one of my close friends since I'd started LL (we live a couple of hundred miles away and we usually chat on the phone). She knew I was doing this new diet, but until she saw me, hadn't really understood how different I looked.

She said I'd lost 'too much' and thought that what I'd done was not healthy. In her defence, she'd never seen me as a size 12 before (neither had I for that matter) and I guess that it will take a while for her to get used to it). My parents had the same reaction and disapproved of what I'd done.

They are getting used to seeing me slim now. Again, I see them maybe three or four times a year because we do live a long distance away, so they have not seen me gradually losing weight.

Another 'long distance' friend reacted very differently, and was pleased for me, which was encouraging, particularly as she has put on weight and is now bigger than me!

The most important people in my life, my husband and children, have been 100% supportive throughout - and boy has that made a difference. I have really appreciated their support because doing LL has had an impact on their lifestyle too, and they have been happy to adapt for me. Thanks guys!

I think it has been important for me not to take the reactions (particularly negative) personally. The relationships we have with friends and family can be complicated, and when we change in a major physical way, it can mean that there is a period of re-adjustment on all sides. I realised that I had to give people time to get used to the new me. This actually extended to giving me time to get used to the new me, too.

Losing 100 plus pounds IS a major change, and learning to maintain it is another challenge. I need all the encouragement I can get to achieve it!

Back