Who is up for a get together

markanderl

Silver Member
We have been chatting about a get together and it sounds that a lot of you are keen. There are a couple of things we need to agree upon before we can start to even consider it.
1. The date, I recommend late September as the weather is still quite good
2. BBQ or restaurant, I reccomend a BBQ, more sociable and we would bet to know each other easier, sitting round a table you only get to mix with the people close to you. I will sort the BBQ out with the best meat you have ever had.
3.Large cottage or somewhere like a family holiday place, I suggest a large cottage, again more personal and we can do what we want and there is no need to worry about other people. Costs would be havew to be shared and the cottage I would imagine would be cheaper.
4.Is everyone prepared to travel, we come from all over the UK.

If there is anyone else who has anything further to add please be my guest and voice away. If you could all answer from 1 to 4 we can get a better picture of what we are going to do.

Thanks to Lisa for the offer of help, if anyone else has any other offers of help it would be appreciated.

I think we will struggle to get a Cottage for all of us.....

loolz...i wouldn't mind having a get together would be nice to finally meet all of you and yeah sept would be nice but umm when were you thinking i can probably doo it after 24th sept as then will be back at uni..my rents kind of strict don't know if they would let me travel elsehwer for a night or whateverr :$...even tho i am 21 lool...buh buh weekends i work..:( though might be able to collect a few days holiday together if i strt doing full time hours during the sumer as they accumlate the number of hols depending on the hours you do at my work place...so can probably let you know sooner the time...if i can't make it coz of dates or watever then i defoo hope you all have a great time as it does sound like a great idea... i think you all need to agree on a destination as well mark :D
m,wah

like i say i am up for it, but i will have to wait to see about my new job. i am willing to help if u need me. bbq would be great, if all else fails we could make a buffet and all buy something and put on the table.

The problem for me with hiring a cottage and everything is now having my shop and also I run MBS Events.

I could probably only meet for a few hours. Which is probably not worth the travel for most people. I also have kids who I try not to spend too much time away from. The eldest spends weekends with his dad, so not such a problem. But the toddler is home all the time. My partner is the driver also lol

I live in the Midlands, so I can feasibly get to most places.

Hi Everyone, there seem to be a lot of cottages for hire and at reasonable prices if we split the costs. This weekend would obviously include our partners/family but I do understand some if you have children which can be a bit of a problem. This will probably only be for a Saturday night and I suppose getting a cottage for one night might be a bit of a problem.

Self-catering country houses in Wales for the larger group

I could come for a sat night :) I do not work sundays. Might be able to work baby sitting out for the munchkin....or may need to have him with me.

It is a shame we cannot go camping lol....may be easier (though I have never been camping in my life)

like what?lol

Arghhhh isis whyyy. the hostel sounded like a good idea til u said that! No hostels please, i would quite like to keep my head on my shoulders. hehe

<<scardy cat

Well like isis i have a babysitter problem, im also the only one in Scotland. I can travel if need be but bein away too long could be an issue and bringin my son with me...well you would regret allowin me to do that after him being there ten minutes LOL

I'll decide my position when its all been discussed and finalised :D xx

Arghhhh isis whyyy. the hostel sounded like a good idea til u said that! No hostels please, i would quite like to keep my head on my shoulders. hehe

<<scardy cat

Well like isis i have a babysitter problem, im also the only one in Scotland. I can travel if need be but bein away too long could be an issue and bringin my son with me...well you would regret allowin me to do that after him being there ten minutes LOL

I'll decide my position when its all been discussed and finalised :D xx

My toddler is fast approaching the terrible twos. He got confused. Must have thought it was suppose to start at 2 months!lol.....If we can cope with our kids, we can face any old hostel lol....I think kids would be nice. Like a Mini Exante festival lol

im up for it , when everythings been sorted then ill let you know . If its difficult for people to come why dont we book like a community hall and have a buffet and a few drinkys just an idea ..

I would be interested but why can't we just meet up in a pub or something?

I know that some have other comitments but a pub would suit me better.

Good Morning Everyone. Logistically this is going to be a bit of a nightmare by the looks of things. A pub would be good idea I would normally agree but we do not live close to each. I for one do not want to travel 300 miles to go to a pub, if we all lived close to each other a pub would be a fantastic Idea, saying that though, meeting in a large pub would mean very little organising, the only thing we would each have to do would be to organise our own accomodation.

Something to think about.

Back