Who wants to join me?

No permission needed!! It really is great to set exercise goals and seeing them online makes it seem more real- welcome!

Day three completed!! First day back to work so set my alarm for six and actually got up :) woohoo! Endorphins have def set in x

Day three completed today and I'm loving it. Had weigh in tonight and have half a pound on so feeling a little disheartened but totm and possible muscle gain so sticking with it!!

Go for it tj! I do love the DVD and despite two pro lapsed discs and arthritis I'm managing well (so far!) can't wait to be more than one week in!

Go for it tj! I do love the DVD and despite two pro lapsed discs and arthritis I'm managing well (so far!) can't wait to be more than one week in!

Oooh you suffer with a prolapsed disc? Me too, awaiting treatment. Was going to join this thread as seriously thinking of getting the 30 day shred, but my back pain is constant - does the DVD affect your pain at all? Can you do all the moves? Really need to get more active but this pain is stopping me even touching my knees! I'm also awaiting physio to my neck and hip after a car accident 2 months ago so in pain from that too..

Sorry about all the questions, but I don't want to fork out on the DVD and I'm going to find it too painful - although it sounds as though you're loving it with far worse ailments than me.

Thank yooooou :p:p:):D:D

Don't get it until things calm down- I had the injections and loads of painkillers when my back went last time but there's no way I would've touched this DVD. When the consultant told me to keep moving (gently) through the pain I could've smacked him in the mouth ( you'll understand!!) but I started walking and increased pace and distance gradually to get where I am now.

I know that my back can go at any time but have decided to live as much as without pushing it ( no bungee jumps;) )

Take the time to recover and if you need to chat or know anything feel free to message me or use here xxx

ooh i had a prolapsed disc.... PAIN. 4 of mine were knocked out and I had to get physio. At the time (I was 16 so long time ago) I wasn't physcially able to do anything, took a very very long time to heal.

I knocked them out one day and it took 3 whole months of back pain before everything gave in and my entire back locked out... because of the late diagnosis and treatment my back muscles are really really weak, but I'm working at it gradually.

You should just do what you can and not push too much... Laying idle will not help long term but at the beginning you probably need to rest it as much as you can! x

Been in constant pain for 10 months now, after about 12 years of on and off pain. Only really walking for exercise which SUCKS! I have no muscle strength in my back either - makes everything really hard work doesn't it?? Hope your back doesn't cause you any more pain :) Sounds like you've had an ordeal!

Hope you're all doing well in your 30 day shred challenge :) Can't wait to give it a go!

Been in constant pain for 10 months now, after about 12 years of on and off pain. Only really walking for exercise which SUCKS! I have no muscle strength in my back either - makes everything really hard work doesn't it?? Hope your back doesn't cause you any more pain :) Sounds like you've had an ordeal!

Hope you're all doing well in your 30 day shred challenge :) Can't wait to give it a go!

Most of the pain subsided within a year (ish) but I had niggles and aches for years after. Ever since the injury I've had rotten backache during my period which is strange! Getting better thanks to exercise.

hannata said:
Most of the pain subsided within a year (ish) but I had niggles and aches for years after. Ever since the injury I've had rotten backache during my period which is strange! Getting better thanks to exercise.

That totm back pain is crap and is to do with back problems.

I just completed day four of the shred which is great but this thread makes me realise it's after months of walking to get to this stage. Every little bit helps xx

That totm back pain is crap and is to do with back problems.

I just completed day four of the shred which is great but this thread makes me realise it's after months of walking to get to this stage. Every little bit helps xx

Takes time, only after nearly 10 years am I getting back to near normality.

I genuinely think exercise does wonders in whatever amount you are able to do :)

Good luck to all on the road to recovery x

Hellooooo, i've done my exercise for today. Me and himself and our four legged friend have done almost 2 hours walking today, incorporating as many hills as we could on route.. 11 AP's earned, my challenge in class last night was to earn more AP's this week than i did last week. Halfway to last week's AP total already and feeling pretty damn good...

-2lb last night too by the way :) Phatmomma is in de house lol x

Back