Whole life turned upside-down

Oh KittenKat I do feel for you. But don't rise to it. Leave him to his Facebook nonsense - it is he who will end up looking stupid, not you. Real friends will stick by you and see his actions as petty. I suspect most people won't care one way or the other. When my ex left me, I didn't rant and rave at him. I stayed calm, even though inside I was screeeeeeeeeaming. I think I behaved with dignity and it showed him up for what he was.
Sending you hugs

Hey hon, sorry I've been missing the last few days, not had a great time in all honesty. Too much detail to go into but basically he made a public attack at me on Facebook via his status update - I had blocked him a few days back, not sure he realised it, because I was fed up at the snide updates he was putting on there, rubbing my face in it all the time. Had a friend ringing me frantically on Sunday evening when he did it to let me know.

Basically it's all a load of lies, turning the situation around and making me look like the bad guy, when I've done nowt wrong.

Stressed me out so much Sunday evening that I woke at around 4am yesterday with a really bad migraine so had to miss a day of work so a day's pay lost. Still feeling really rough today with it as well but am in work, can't afford to lose any more money.

Have to admit, hope this is the lowest point I can get to, not sure I can cope with feeling any worse than I do right now.

Just read this thread and I really feel for you. My ex did exactly the same via Facebook - the best thing is to rise above it and not respond, it annoys them even more than if you did argue back. You know the truth, as do your friends and family and that is all that matters. I was lucky in that when my ex decided he had never loved me I owned the house and he was the one to move out but it was so hard as it was the first time I'd ever lived alone. I'm now with an amazing man and cant even remember why I was with the ex in the first place!!
Keep your chin up and keep talking about it, it really helps!!

xxx

Thanks all, I will get there, it's just little things like that which keep settling me back, but hey, it's only coming up to a month since it all happened. Yep, only a month since we split up (4 weeks tomorrow) and I've already moved out and am kinda settled in the new place.

The migraine yesterday really didn't help as it wiped me out and made me feel even lower but as my mum said last night, I was bound to have had one at some stage and she is surprised it didn't happen sooner with everything that has happened.

The best 'revenge' for someone who wishes you ill, is a life well lived, full of joy and variety!

Go get your revenge darlin'

I split up with my girlfriend on Sunday but would never do that. I respect her and it's private between us.

Sorry to hear that hon ((hugs)).

Yep, that's why it hurt so much... his original post the other week when he split with me was that he utterly respected me and expected everyone else to do the same even though we'd split up and then he goes and does that... true colours and all that.

He's probably feeling resentful and also a mug. His way of the only way to get under your skin. Don't rise to it....unless you put on public facebook post that he was crap in bed and had a small penis !!

He's probably feeling resentful and also a mug. His way of the only way to get under your skin. Don't rise to it....unless you put on public facebook post that he was crap in bed and had a small penis !!

Hahaha... I blocked him on Facebook on Friday as I was fed up of his constant "life is great, just bought this, done that to the house" stuff, which was just a constant dig at me... he may well have realised I'd blocked him and hence the tirade! Thinking about it, that may well be why he did it. I only knew about it as a joint friend rang me to let me know, and that she had commented on his post with a stinking response about how badly she though he'd treated me and that it was bang out of order to post what he did!

I would never contemplate retaliating on Facebook, I'm made of better stuff than that, I'm a better person. I've not said one thing on my Facebook about him or our split, I'm not that sort of person.

Actually, go me... I AM the better person! No matter how much he has provoked me, I've not retaliated! Go me!

KittenKat said:
Hahaha... I blocked him on Facebook on Friday as I was fed up of his constant "life is great, just bought this, done that to the house" stuff, which was just a constant dig at me... he may well have realised I'd blocked him and hence the tirade! Thinking about it, that may well be why he did it. I only knew about it as a joint friend rang me to let me know, and that she had commented on his post with a stinking response about how badly she though he'd treated me and that it was bang out of order to post what he did!

I would never contemplate retaliating on Facebook, I'm made of better stuff than that, I'm a better person. I've not said one thing on my Facebook about him or our split, I'm not that sort of person.

Actually, go me... I AM the better person! No matter how much he has provoked me, I've not retaliated! Go me!

I've never felt the urge to punch someone I don't even know as much as your ex from reading this thread! :D rising above his childish behaviour and getting on with your fab new life is the best revenge! Good for you! X

Just read this thread and I really feel for you. My ex did exactly the same via Facebook - the best thing is to rise above it and not respond, it annoys them even more than if you did argue back. You know the truth, as do your friends and family and that is all that matters. I was lucky in that when my ex decided he had never loved me I owned the house and he was the one to move out but it was so hard as it was the first time I'd ever lived alone. I'm now with an amazing man and cant even remember why I was with the ex in the first place!!
Keep your chin up and keep talking about it, it really helps!!

xxx

Snap! That's me exactly. Right down to the amazing man, now my husband of just over 2 months!

Yes, go you, go you :D

Leapfrog said:
Snap! That's me exactly. Right down to the amazing man, now my husband of just over 2 months!

Aw congrats!! Its definitely true that there are some good ones out there!!!

Back