Who's Loving Zumba!!!!

I also adore z.u.m.b.a i go a tuesday and from 19th will be doing a saturday morning class. twice a week cant wait. on a tuesday evening there is 77 people lol

My instructor does a zumba night every last friday of the month, hires out a small club and its zumbaing from 9pm till 11pm such a great atomsphere lol.! x

@Frankie99 -- I have the WiiZumba game purchased from the U.S. -- but I also have an American spec Wii.
I have had it a couple of weeks, and haven't used it yet. I'll try to get to it this week and give a review.
And as Welshtigger noticed -- I am doing Zumba as a part of a Rosemary Conley fitness class... they give you the diet plan, portion pots, a measuring tape, and you get weighed at the beginning of each class (but, I am sure she wouldn't weigh me if I did not want to do so).

There was good price on the joining fees, and special offer on the classes -- and I wanted to give Zumba a go. Also, when I am at goal and maintaining -- I want to know that I am going to be weighed, it is too easy to live in denial.

MM

i agree that you do sweat when you do zumba. i'm pretty fit and i sweat buckets. in fact i thought the roof was leaking at one point :D

trailertramp - you really need to find a class rather than a dvd if you can as the atmosphere can't be topped by anything.

i absolutely love zumba - sometimes once a week and twice if i can - went twice in one day last week as couldnt make it again in the week. I sweat loads too and feel brill afterwards. I tend to go to a morning class 9.30-10.30 then half hr swim afterwards but am hoping to go at least twice a week if i can (partners shifts permitting) - if i could afford it i would go every day!! I never did any excercise before as the gym bores me and never stayed more than one session at an aerobic class - but been going for 7 weeks now to zumba and always look forward to it :D

i'm a recent covert as in i'm in my 3rd or 4th week now. i do 3 to 4 classes a week. core stability twice a week then running a couple of times too. i too would do zumba every day if i could find a class running every day preferably am 90% of the time.

speaking to someoone from my attack class, she said she didnt get a good enough workout from zumba either.... like me shes tried different instructors each time and its been the same

Im a Zumba girl to its fab!!

I think part of the problem with the *not a great work out* camp is that you haven't learn't the work out as such.
When i first started i didn't sweat so much but now i know whats coming up moves wise i can really put myself to it therefore i sweat more. Going 3 times with 3 different instructors wouldn't help as they all have their own moves to the music.

@Snugglepuss -- I think that may be the explaination: you can crank it up. It is very "individual" on how much of a work out it is.

MM

totally mm. i do combat sometimes and pump and do all the kicks and jumps and i think i get a better workout from zumba. make the movements as big as you can, arms and legs, really reach, jump bounce and shake your thing.

This is going to sound harsh but with zumba you get out what you put in!!! The workout is only as intense as you make it. Like GT says in order to get a good workout you need to stretch, reach and jump. I sweat buckets and am dripping wet when I'm done. There's ladies in my class who have perfect make-up when they arrive and perfect make-up when they leave and I look like I've been dragged through a hedge.

I've done combat classes and the workout it great, but zumba is better and makes me feel better too.

Last edited:
I love it, i go class once a week and have the dvds and the kinect game

Yes i love zumba too - going twice a week at the moment. Once to big class 60+ which is good fun, and once to a smaller class with only about 5 of us where you have to do the moves proprerly, is more dance than aerobics and better focus on core. Tried lots of others too - all the instructors are different so i do think you have to find one that suits :D

zumba curious

Hi everyone, I really want to try zumba again I tried it last march and it was so fast and advanced i thought i was either going to kill someone treading on their toes or for me to get stampeded lol I adored the music and will maybe suggest to my gym a aqua version what fun!! Has anyone seen a good video maybe on utube so i can see some of the moves??

Search for Cocofitness on YouTube, she breaks some of the steps down to make them easier to use. My zumba instructor does each move at different levels so newbies can keep up.

Ooh that's great surfhunny, thanks for the heads up, I'll look her up.

Scottish lass, do you find that different instructors have different ways/styles?

yes they are very different, they have some of the same music, but one is more of workout and the other one is more fun. i do both as i don't want to get fed up with the routines

Back