Why are people bitter?!

Byebye bingo wings

It's making me soo depressed.

Today on my break at lunch someone mentioned that they thought I had lost weight (I bloody have! Almost a stone) and one of my supposed "friends" said "Oh, if you end up thinner than me, I'll have to go on a diet! I can't have people thinking I'm fatter than you" (empahsis on the YOU as if I were a leper!) which really upset me.

Nice to know what people really think of you, huh? :cry:

I'm coping at the moment, by smugly smiling to myself everytime she eats a bag of crisps or a bar of chocolate... hopefully I can stick to this and make her nightmare come true by being thinner than her!

It's an odd one, I know what you mean. I've been amazed by the amount of people that have started dieting once I lost a big chunk of weight, once they could see I was getting closer to their size there seemed to be a sudden interest in Cambridge and I now know loads that have gone on it! It's been great though to be honest, at least a lot more people understand how hard the diet can be :)

Honestly, don't let it get to you - just keep your head down and get losing :D Whilst she's contemplating going on a diet you'll be whizzing your way past to slimdom :D

It's very telling what other people, so called 'friends' think isn't it!!!! Some people are made very uncomfortable by the changes the VLC diets can make and are happy to be the 'thin one' in any relationship, I suppose it makes them feel better about themselves! It says more about her than it does about you. Keep up all the good work and see her squirm!! Personally I've had nothing but support from friends and family so far but I think it might change when I get to a normal weight that they aren't used to seeing me at. The weight loss has made me think about my attitude to other people and why I have chosen people as friends. Its a bit of an eye opener all round!!!!

It's not nice is it? But stick with it, beat the weight, and then be the thin one for years to come. I was the 'fat one' all of my childhood. And now although my friends were friends and weren't the nasty ones, (there were plenty of others who were), I'm the thin one, and boy that feels good.

ive not really had this problem but it does wind me up when people say things like that, makes u wonder if they are only your friend because they are slimmer than u, while shes sat scoffing her face lets hope she puts loads on while ur nice and slim :D

oooo that makes me sound a right ***** lol

Use your anger towards this horrid beeyatch to keep you determined, hun.

2 years ago, a horrid moobag said to me that I would never be a size 10 as my hips were too big.

I just thought - I'll show you, you beetch!!!!!

Everytime I was tempted to cheat, I thought oph her smug, phat phace and it stopped me!

She hated me being thinner than her - which was PHABULOUS!!!!! lol

xxxxx

Save some of your "old" clothes and when you get thinner than her offer them too her as there FAR TOO BIG for you,

hee heee

lol lol Think i`m gonna do that with one of my "friends"

This ss has made me have a nasty streak, Why can`t people just be pleased that were all doing something about our weight and trying to get healthy as well.
Green is so not a good colour lol ( jelousy)

I love the colour green and it shouldn't be wasted on people clearly transpose their lack of self-worth on to innocent people who are trying to increase theirs.

:D

What a great thread.... and I have some 'nice' ideas for people who insult me....
I must admit I have never been called fat (can't be sure why - maybe its the bulldog look on my face all the time) But I am very aware that I am excluded a lot!
Only the other day I over heard a couple of mums at school talking about a mums night ... When she saw I had over heard she said.... oooo you must be so busy with your children!!!! talk about a slap...
So I just retorted that, yes but I also socialize regularly with a group of girls away from school, as much as it's nice to say hi to everyone on the playground, its so great to have some intelligent chat about topics other than school....
She semed taken aback that I might actually have a life... And at my size too!!!!
I can't wait to stick my nose up at her when I lose the weight....

Anne

Anne, the same thing happened to me at one of my children old school. Couple of mum's that i talk to and thought i got on okay with were talking about going out for a drink and did they invite me??? Nope. One of them even made a comment saying something similar to what was said to you.
I just felt sorry for my daughter, as all our children always played together and they never invited her for tea.

It's making me soo depressed.

Today on my break at lunch someone mentioned that they thought I had lost weight (I bloody have! Almost a stone) and one of my supposed "friends" said "Oh, if you end up thinner than me, I'll have to go on a diet! I can't have people thinking I'm fatter than you" (empahsis on the YOU as if I were a leper!) which really upset me.

Nice to know what people really think of you, huh? :cry:

I'm coping at the moment, by smugly smiling to myself everytime she eats a bag of crisps or a bar of chocolate... hopefully I can stick to this and make her nightmare come true by being thinner than her!

Oh wicked! I can't wait for the day you post when she sees your lovely fit slim body. In a wierd way it has helped you because now you are even more determined to get there! I am excited for you. From your BMI it won't take that long and just picture her face! (maybe that is bit*chy but hey, it's not like she has not been!) Love bunnycd xxxxxxxx

Times like this you know who your friends are, the true ones that dont care about your size, big or small.

and the ones that have the green eyed monster that think they are better because of their size, they have nothing else in them to feel better about.

You go get em, and show em, trust me, its worth it ;)

Back