Why are you here?

maybebabypowell

I know its to loose weight but for what purpose!!

Mine
1) My main reason CONCIEVEING - We have been trying for a while but have stopped to get my weight down so hopefully this will help!
2) To be able to shop anywhere and not be restricted to the back of shops or thrust into the "larger" ladies stores
3) When we go to Florida next year I wanna be able to wear a Bikini/Tankini and not feel like a beached whale! (unless I am pregnant of course!)
4) To just prove all those people wrong who say that I will always be a "big" girl!

So whats your ultimate goal!

Sar

I am here because;

I want to feel comfortable in my skin and clothes again
I want to have a toned body again
I want to enjoy the gym again
I want to enjoy clothes shopping
I want to buy a new wardrobe

but most importantly....

I want to enjoy and live my life again.

I wrote these thoughts 4 days ago and I'm reading them every morning and night. this morning I forgot and I'm not sure if it's because of the gym or that I didn't read them this morning that I have eaten extra today. I just grateful it was all healthy extras.

The power of the mind is amazing.

Bren
XX

Good luck with getting pregnant.

I have quite a few goals.
*My hubby is away at the mo, and I want him to see the girl he married when he comes back home!!
*I want to be a mum who can join in and have fun with her son, not one who won't go swimming as she is worried people will laugh.
*I am going to Florida over Christmas and don't want people sniggering as I get on the plane and waddle along the aisle sideways apologising as my bum hits people.
*I want to be fitter, and happier
*I want my engagement ring to fit me again
*I want to be able to go shopping in normal shops and not feel like a freak.
*I want to create a new and healthy relationship with foods as and when I get round to reintroducing them to to my diet.
And, lastly (not sure what censorship is like here....)
*I want to enjoy a more intimate relationship with my hubby, like when we first got together. My size doesn't faze him, but it has put a stop to a lot of our 'special time'.

1)Because I am sick of being the lard arse amongst my friends. I just want to not be the fattest in my group :)
2)Because my daughter is getting older and I dont want to be a big fat mummy
3)Because I want to be able to run around after my daughter the older she gets
4)To show my w@nker ex-boyfriend what he is missing out on :rotflmao:
5)Because meeting a man is hard, meeting a man when you have a baby is really hard, and meeting a man when you are 11 stone overweight and have a child is pretty much impossible, and I dont want to be on my own for the rest of my life
6)Because I dont think my family really believe I can do this
7)Because I am sick of using my genes as an excuse for my weight (all dads side of family are BIG)
8)Because I want to know that I can walk into any clothes shop and find something that will fit me
9)Because I have been fat all of my adult life and I want to do something about it before it spirals any further out of control
10)Because I hate my body. I feel ugly and fat and my confidence and self esteem are rock bottom

Right going to copy that and post it to my blog...hehe

Mostly health reasons for me. All of my Mum's side have extremely high cholesterol and Type II diabetes and I would like to avoid/delay that if possible. Two of her brothers died aged 52 from weight related illnesses - I'm approaching 50 and would like to live a little longer if possible. My knees hurt A LOT and I love fell-walking and would hate to have to give that up any time soon.

Apart from all that, it would just be nice to be able to climb a flight of stairs without getting purple-faced and sweaty, or to wear a skirt without cycle shorts underneath to stop the thunder thighs rubbing together.

Forget looking good - I just don't want to hurt any more!

My reason is probably just vanity really.

I dont/didnt like the way I looked. I wanted to feel good about myself and feel sexy. I was embarassed by how I looked. (that is not to say that I think big people look bad, they don't, it was about me feeling I looked bad!)

Health did come into it a little but it was more about being happy with myself.

The results have not beeing only about how I look though. I still have a little to go yet but I FEEL so much better. More energy, clearer skin, etc etc.

my reasons are alot the same as what people have posted here. My main one is my health, to be more confident i tend to shy away from people making new friends in case they judge me. not to always be the biggest person in the room. to shop in any shop what so ever. to be able to run around after my daughter. i dont want to be a fat mummy when she starts school

Hi Becky

Whats your starting weight if you dont mind me asking, unless you dont want i share I will understand, I started at a BMI of 41 then I lost 4lb which bought me to just over 40 and my CDC put me on it then. We have nearly the exact same amount to loose, wanna race?

I now weigh 16lbs 6, but I am guessing I am taller than you hun as my BMI is lower. I am a size 22.

My main reason is to get pregnant i lost 4 stone on slimming world and got pregnant but unfortunately my daughter was still born and of course all the weight went back on plus more!! so want to get it back off!

being able to shop in other shops would also be a bonus ...lol
Lea xx

to have more IVF treatment is my reason.

to be able to care for my wee girl easier, at the mo all the lifting and getting up and down is killing my back and legs

to be able to walk into a high street store, pick an outfit i like and know they will have ne to fit me

cos i dont want to be single forever

so i can go for a meal with family and not have people staring to see what the fat girls eating ( happened the other day and all i was having was water )

There are so many reasons..!
1) So I can feel happy about the way I look again
2) To become a yummy mummy rather than a tubby mummy
3) I don't want to be the fat sister/friend anymore
4) To look like the woman my husband first fell in love with
5) To give me more energy to keep up with the children
6) To hopefully spur my very overweight (but utterly lovely) husband in to losing some weight too

My reasons are mainly vanity-led but they are all for me, not anyone else:

1) I want to look good in a bikini for my holiday in September
2) To be able to choose a wedding dress in the Jan sales and look stunning, not to be thinking "gawd I'm gonna have to lose STONES to look anywhere near half-decent in this!" and then be rushing to slim down for my wedding.
3) To be able to shop in ANY shop I want and always fit into all of their stuff in a standard size! Topshop especially as have NEVER been able to buy clothes from there.
4) To be slim enough to do heavier exercise including more running
5) To be able to stop worrying whether my muffin-top is showing!
6) So I can wear what I like, not just what fits
7) To not be ashamed of my weight or size
8) To look good for my fiance and make him proud that I'm his lady

Hi Becky

Whats your starting weight if you dont mind me asking, unless you dont want i share I will understand, I started at a BMI of 41 then I lost 4lb which bought me to just over 40 and my CDC put me on it then. We have nearly the exact same amount to loose, wanna race?

Hi im starting at 18 2.

I started back in jan and got to 17 but crept up a wee bit due to breaks etc but im back now 100%

id love to have a race with you :)

The race is on!!!!

I am a bit worried though I am on day 3 and yet I am still not in Ketosis :cry:.

I have stuck to this 100% and seeing that I was in ketosis would have just forced me to keep going but now feeling a little deflated!:(

My reasons are like most others here;
Go on holiday and not feel like I have to be covered on head to toe or I'll scare the locals!
Bring my wee girl swimming
Buy clothes that I like in shops I want to shop in and not settle for what fits or covers the most.
Feel sexy
Not be embarrassed meeting new people
Be fit and healthy to conceive baby no 2
Learn to control food and not it control me

And best of luck Sarah with trying for your wee baby.

For me, I guess its a few reasons, the main being

To not be known as BIGFELLA anymore
To go into a high st store and buy clothes that I like rather than buying cos they fit regardless of style
For my family
And finally, to see the look on peoples faces when they notice the weight falling off, I hope that will be the inspiration to carry on when things get hard.

Saying all that, I think it comes down to the fact that being fat, isnt attractive/comfortable or healthy.

I'm doing this because:

My parents think it's a load of rubbish (I'm a teenager, what can I say :p)
Some of my friends are being b**chy and I want to prove them wrong
I will feel more attractive when I'm slim
I want to avoid future health problems
I don't want to have to worry about whether or not my bum or belly is showing
I want to wear padded bras and not fall out of them

That's all I can think of right now.

Jennikay

Hello Hun

How old are you then?

Back